Bugsnax

Dedicated Member
MVP
Bugsnax
Bugsnax
MVP
Ratings
225 19
I've been an avid player of the parkour community for about three and a half years now. The most innovative thing that's been added in that timeframe is likely champion maps being added, and we haven't had a new one in a year and a half. In this forum post I will compile everything that I can think of to make parkour amazing. Some will be QOL updates, and some will be hard tasks. Overall I believe that investing time into parkour is very worthwhile. Yes, I am anticipating a summer update with some new stuff and I'm also aware that a lot of these ideas have been suggested before. This is my parkour "wish-list" i guess you could call it. I will also categorize these based on how feasible they are to implement/fix.

1) FIX THE LEADERBOARDS
The leaderboards have been broken for a VERY LONG time. It would be worthwhile to fix it just for a sense of normality.

2) FIX SPAWN PARKOUR
Spawn Parkour frequently breaks and often times blocks just stay there over spawn. It'd be nice to fix it. I can also suggest adding a new tag for spawn parkour at say 2500, or 3000 jumps, just to spice it up and add some new innovation.

3) ADD NEW CHAMPION MAPS
There's around three champ maps lined up and ready to be added, and I don't know what the hold-up is. Maybe to stretch content? I don't know, either way there's 3
phenomenal player built maps that can be added :) Shoutout all the builders

4) NEW MAPPER COLORS
If you added Mapper colors for every say 3 maps accepted, it could be a nice QOL update. EX)
3 Maps = [MAPPER] 6 MAPS = [MAPPER] 9 MAPS = [MAPPER] and so on and so forth, the order of colors doesn't matter, just the content itself. S/o James for the original idea

5) NEW RANKUP TITLES
/plot h QuinnyP 4 on parkour mapmaker has an outstanding new and innovative way that ranks can be organized and titled.

[Novice]
[Initiate]
[Apprentice]
[Skilled]
[Adept]
[Expert]
[Prodigy]
[Master]

[CHAMPION]
[EXALTED]
[ASCENDANT]
[GOD]
[DIVINE] (cant exactly replicate it not on mc as editing this)
(the last three had cool characters in the beginning and end like how the current master/insane/champ ranks look
SHOUTOUT Quinny

6) A TIER OF MAPS HIGHER THAN INSANE
Some insane maps get rejected for being too difficult, well, a tier of maps higher than insane could help solve that. You could name these maps IMPOSSIBLE or something. You could also choose whether you want these maps to count towards your log or not, because the casual player probably couldn't do these maps, then again the casual player couldn't get checkmark so idk. Only a select handful of people would appreciate these so I wouldn't say its a priority, but you'd be INSANE rank to unlock these.

7) PRESTIGE REWARDS
The act of prestiging has been in the game for.........a year and a half and we still don't have any sort of rewards for prestiging. Some rewards I can suggest for prestiging could be a slight mana increaser that would cap at prestige 25. it could be either .01 or .02 increase in the amount of mana you get from completing a map, this would stack with the amount of increased mana that you already get from having a donator rank. Alongside that you could have a rare block you could wear as a hat and every 5 prestiges you can get a title (could cap at a certain prestige level) Also every (x) amount of prestiges you can unlock a new way to customize it. This should be added because at this current moment there is no reason to prestige other than to flex .

8) ADD PRESTIGES TO TAB
IMHO it would be better to categorize tab by the amount of prestiges a person has, then it goes back to sorting normally. While this may look a bit dysfunctional in game I'm sure the higher ups can figure out a solution.

9) MAKE THE BARTENDER IN LOUNGE USEFUL
Lol not a very difficult suggestion but it'd be worthwhile to sell jump boost potions for like 400 mana each here or something neat.

10) MAKE A PARKOUR TUTORIAL UPON FIRST JOIN
This tutorial could contain FAQ as well as a short little course that gets people into the groove of things. Reward could be 100 mana. This could help with people asking the same questions upon joining.

11) ELITE CRATE
I know that this is very likely a WIP with the new checkpoint thing but tbh it should be released soon.

This next section is going to be wishful ideas but overall would make parkour an amazing place
12) ADD A NEW SPAWN/LOUNGE
The spawn we have currently is ok, but I feel it can be bigger and better. Something similar to the original spawn would be nice, but again bigger.
Also, a new lounge with lots of cool stuff in it could be cool.

13) ADD MAZES TO PARKOUR
Mazes could be a fun way to reward mana, and they're an overall pog experience. Players can submit well built mazes that are long enough in difficulty.

14) NEW TAGS
Beyond the basic tags that should be offered for milestones like 1mil jumps, and 1000 hours, I can think of some other ways you can incorporate tags. 1) you can buy tags in the shop with mana. the tags could cost anywhere from 5k - i dont know how expensive
2) you can hide tags in certain maps, say like 20 maps. They would be difficult to come by and you can't spoil their location in chat or else you can suffer a punishment.

15) RANKUP PARKOUR!
Not to be confused with /rankup where you rankup with mana, but an actual new rankup system.
You wouldn't be able to use speed / enderpearls / jump boost on these courses.
These courses would be long in difficulty, and progressively get harder as they go on. They wouldn't have checkpoints.

It would have some failsafe areas and a sky portion, where if you fall, you have to restart. Now this idea can increase the playerbase by a LOT. It would be so amazing to have this style of parkour on manacube. Now the reason why this probably hasn't been added is because it could be a pain in the ass to add 13 new maps well built. This is where the community could come into play, NOT SAYING THESE PEOPLE WILL, but people like shinx and good builders on the staff team could collaborate on these maps and make them swell and dandy, and prominent players of the community who excel at parkour (casey, pres, rep, gamers, etc) could help with the parkour building. Or, the build team could build the maps and the parkour players could build the parkour. idk it really depends.

I KNOW IM ASKING FOR A LOT HERE AND I DONT EXPECT ANY OF MY RED COLORED IDEAS TO BE ADDED INTO THE GAME. THESE WILL HEAVILY ENHANCE THE PLAYERBASE ON PARKOUR HOWEVER. PLEASE AT LEAST READ MY SUGGESTIONS @ THE HIGHER UPS.
SINCERELY - YOUR FRIEND JOEYISM.
also leave a positive rating on this <3

Last edited:

balls_12

Dedicated Member
ELITE
balls_12
balls_12
ELITE
Ratings
93 5
this needs to happen if not i am die

piebrian5

Ratings
These are all great and should be added but in my opinion especially the rankup parkour would be great or at least some way to differentiate the good parkour players from the people that spend money or spend lots of time on the game (another example could be one jumps).

Bugsnax

Dedicated Member
MVP
Bugsnax
Bugsnax
MVP
Ratings
225 19
These are all great and should be added but in my opinion especially the rankup parkour would be great or at least some way to differentiate the good parkour players from the people that spend money or spend lots of time on the game (another example could be one jumps).
yes yes yes yes!

piebrian5

Ratings
Additionally, it would give players an incentive to grind again as I know I would and I haven’t been very active recently as there is no point to me grinding. It would also bring other players that prefer this type of parkour and increase the player base.

Bugsnax

Dedicated Member
MVP
Bugsnax
Bugsnax
MVP
Ratings
225 19
Additionally, it would give players an incentive to grind again as I know I would and I haven’t been very active recently as there is no point to me grinding. It would also bring other players that prefer this type of parkour and increase the player base.
hit it right on the head

Llighty

Dedicated Member
Ratings
41 1
A new ranking system would definitely be cool but it would mess up the current system, and resetting ranks on parkour might get quite a few people angry. Just saying

Bugsnax

Dedicated Member
MVP
Bugsnax
Bugsnax
MVP
Ratings
225 19
A new ranking system would definitely be cool but it would mess up the current system, and resetting ranks on parkour might get quite a few people angry. Just saying
i wouldnt say it would mess up the rankup system, example instead of simply /rankup you can do ./warp rankup and you get taken to a area where you can enter portals for the new rankup maps. instead of messing with the current system there would be a way to signify like what rank you are on the new rankup, how they do it ? wouldnt know but my suggestion would be like roman numerals somwehre in the username complexion (i.e. CHAMPION IX JOEYISM) it wouldnt "reset ranks" at all, just switch over what you currently have to what the new suggested ranks are. EX) Noob ---> Novice, less people complain about being called a noob rank, theres also a flaw in the current rankup system because according to google adept is very skilled so in the new rankup system adept would be ahead of skilled, contradictory to how it currently is

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
I think we need a better way for players to show skill on manacube, since everyone can beat insanes or prestige.6 and 14 are good ideas for that. I personally would love to have a rankup parkour on here. It's very fun.
I also love the 4th idea

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
343 38
I totally agree with the first 4 suggestions, they all should be addressed and definitely added, however, I don't think the 5th one is all too necessary, the ranking is good enough as it is right now. Every other suggestion is good in my opinion and should be considered adding but I think "rankup" parkour is a strange name for the last idea but it's a good idea. Instead it could simply be called "Infinite" parkour and work similar to how spawn parkour works with procedural generation but in more a map-like scenario, this way there won't be much repetition and you won't know what to expect with each new section. (This could be done by having pre-built sections randomly selected by an algorithm and put in front of you, or using some sort of math equation). You could even earn rewards for different milestones hit, that would be awesome!

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
1.Yes Leaderboards need fixing
2.Honestly I don't see a problem with spawn parkour, could just be your internet. I do see the problem with the blocks in the sky though.
3.Yes we need more champ maps, but where would we put them? we have 5 spaces for 5 only.
4.Mapper color, HECK YES, but instead, just make it so mappers can do /prefix.
5.Change some rank up titles, don't keep adding them
6.I kind of like this idea, but it could look towards #15
7.Honestly yes, but maybe instead of rewards, we could get like more commands/a free key
8.Meh we already got a big enough tab with everything
9.Add a recycle bin at spawn, cause mana is so easy to get now
10.Honestly yes, but don't make it a 100 mana reward.
11.Elite Crate shouldve been released when ELITE released but @Dacon wont release the free elite sw key
12.I agree, the old mana spawn that you see when you finish a practice map was bigger and better. Maybe we as a community could build a really nice lounge at a plot and make it look nicer and all.
13.I built at maze at /plot home BlurpyfiedTTV 4, I also do agree that we need some mazes on the server as it would be nice
14.Good idea keep as is
15.Same as #6

Bugsnax

Dedicated Member
MVP
Bugsnax
Bugsnax
MVP
Ratings
225 19
1.Yes Leaderboards need fixing
2.Honestly I don't see a problem with spawn parkour, could just be your internet. I do see the problem with the blocks in the sky though.
3.Yes we need more champ maps, but where would we put them? we have 5 spaces for 5 only.
4.Mapper color, HECK YES, but instead, just make it so mappers can do /prefix.
5.Change some rank up titles, don't keep adding them
6.I kind of like this idea, but it could look towards #15
7.Honestly yes, but maybe instead of rewards, we could get like more commands/a free key
8.Meh we already got a big enough tab with everything
9.Add a recycle bin at spawn, cause mana is so easy to get now
10.Honestly yes, but don't make it a 100 mana reward.
11.Elite Crate shouldve been released when ELITE released but @Dacon wont release the free elite sw key
12.I agree, the old mana spawn that you see when you finish a practice map was bigger and better. Maybe we as a community could build a really nice lounge at a plot and make it look nicer and all.
13.I built at maze at /plot home BlurpyfiedTTV 4, I also do agree that we need some mazes on the server as it would be nice
14.Good idea keep as is
15.Same as #6
the free elite sw key is out buddy

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
yesss this is such a great idea. I really love the ranks -v- looks very colourful :D