2019 Elf Hunt Guide - Survival

Fluffy-hime

PATRON+
Fluffy_hime
Fluffy_hime
Patron+
Ratings
Happy holidays, everyone! Some of you who have been around on this server for for a while may remember we had a fun little elf hunting event on every server around this time last year. Well, it's back again this year! Some of you may also remember I made guides for those hunts last year, and guess what? I'm gonna be doing it again! Woo!

As you may know, nearly every server's /spawn area has been decorated with a nice winter theme. You might have even noticed a few elves hanging around these areas too! These are, in fact, Santa's elves and he needs your help locating each one of them. Once you do, you get a nifty new [SantasHelper] title!

This thread is for those who need a little extra help finding all those elves for the Survival server. I will start out with a small hint about each elf, but if you need more than just a hint, click the spoiler tab for more help! (Guides for other servers will be coming soon, please be patient!)

Lastly, I want to thank the entire community for helping me find all these elves! There are some real tricky ones this year, and I'm sure some people out there will struggle to find some of these elves. So again, thanks to all who helped me make this guide to help others!

Other notes:
  • Right-click on Santa at spawn or type the command /santa in-game to check your elf count
  • Once you find an elf, right-click them to register them as found
  • Type the command /elf in-game to see what elves you have found/not found
Locations:

Jingle: Check the tower on the left of /spawn.
After typing /spawn in-game, turn left and move forward until you see a tower on the left. Go up the ladder in the tower and you will find Jingle.
Coordinates: -860 109 415

Noel: Check the area outside the Job Recruiter and Quest Giver's house.
On the left of /spawn is a path leading to the Job Recruiter and Quest Giver's house. Before the entrance to this house, turn right and you will see Noel on a tree.
Coordinates: -851 90 452

Cedar and Frost: Check the house closest to the Webstore NPC.
Cedar is in the house farthest away from /spawn on the left side. To get to the house, do /spawn, go forward, and after you go past the frozen fountain, enter the house on the left. Once you are inside, look at the desk on the right to find Cedar.
Coordinates: -868 82 480
Frost is in the house farthest away from /spawn on the left side. To get to the house, do /spawn, go forward, and after you go past the frozen fountain, enter the house on the left. Once you are inside, go to the back of the house until you reach a spiral staircase. Go up the stairs and you will be in an attic. Go forward, staying to the left side and Frost will be between a pile of crafting tables and a pile of cauldrons.
Coordinates: -876 88 481

Link: Check the group of presents on the outskirts of the spawn area.
Go forward from /spawn until you reach the end of the stone and gravel path. Turn left and head towards the pile of red-yellow and magenta-white presents. Link is standing by the largest magenta-white present.
Coordinates: -851 81 507

Tinsel: Oh my, is that the sound of a drowning elf??? Quick, check the frozen lake in the spawn area!
Go forward from /spawn until you reach the end of the stone and gravel path. Turn right and head towards the frozen lake. There is a part of the lake that is still water, and Tinsel will be there.
Coordinates: -899 79 508

Joy: Check around the outside of the house Kilton is nearest to.
Joy is in the house furthest from /spawn on the right. To get to the house, either do /warp kilton, or do /spawn, go forward, and after you go past the frozen fountain, face Kilton on the right. Turn left and stick to the edge of this house. You will eventually find Joy up against the house.
Coordinates: -897 81 489

Ginger: Check the fields of wheat to the right of /spawn, near the leaderboards.
Turn right from /spawn and follow the path to reach the leaderboards. Head towards them until you see some hay bales on the left. Just past these hay bales and sitting on some gray wool is Ginger.
Coordinates: -924 80 480

Carol: Check the leaderboard area... Wait a minute, is that Santa on one of the leaderboards?!
Carol is on the opposite side of the staff leaderboard; you are able to see them through the glass the leaderboard is made of. Getting to this elf will seem tricky, but can be reached by going around the back of the hill this area is against and falling down behind this leaderboard. If you have access to /fly or /tempfly, you simply just need to fly over this leaderboard.
Coordinates: -958 79 471

Pepper: Check the boulders by the leaderboards.
Turn right from /spawn and before you turn left on the path, hop over the fence and continue to go forward a few steps. You will see Pepper on a boulder to the left.
Coordinates: -924 86 445

Twinkle: This elf likes to hide, so it might be a little tricky to see them. Check the hilly area behind the leaderboards.
Turn right from /spawn and before you turn left on the path, hop over the fence and continue to go forward until you get to the top of the first hill. Turn left and you will be going down a slope. Twinkle will be at the bottom of this slope, right beside a house.
Coordinates: -955 81 451

Holly: Hmmm? I hear the sounds of a caroling elf somewhere. It sounds like it's coming from... the rooftops?
Holly is on the roof of the house farthest away from /spawn on the left side. To get to the house, do /spawn, go forward, and after you go past the frozen fountain, Holly will be on the house on the left. Currently, the easiest way to get to them is to type /warp Holly. But if you don't want to do that, you can use enderpearls to get to the roof, or /fly or /tempfly if you have access to that.
Coordinates: -871 103 477

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Howdy!

Thank you so much for creating this very in-depth guide! I look forward to completing the elf hunt tomorrow thanks to your help! Haha.

I really appreciate as well that you gave little hints rather than just outright exposing the location - leaves a tad of fun in it!

Happy holidays! <3

Fluffy-hime

PATRON+
Fluffy_hime
Fluffy_hime
Patron+
Ratings
Fantastic Fluffy! This will help people out enormously I'm sure!
Also of note is this video ImDragoYT made:
Ooohhhhh nice! I didn't realize there was a video out there already, haha! I hope both their videos and my guides will help everyone find all the elves. :)

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Ooohhhhh nice! I didn't realize there was a video out there already, haha! I hope both their videos and my guides will help everyone find all the elves. :)
I thinking having them in both formats will make it extremely accessible to all players!!