First Name
Christien

Country or Timezone
United States of America (EST)

Discord username
3mn#0593

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
There is a long list of reasons and desires for me being staff and possessing the role, but there are a few handpicked points I'd like to come across. And honestly, in my eyes; these are particularly the crucial points that need to be stated and elaborated on. Safely said, one of the most valuable and vital reasons I'd like to apply for staff is my presence for others and the server. If I were to narrow down the word "staff" and elaborate on the importance of the role, I'd say one of the most important parts is helping the members out with simple questions for reasons I will elaborate on; 1. A server cannot function without a person answering questions, it's just not how it works. In order for players to learn about the server and enjoy it correctly, there has to be a person with knowledge. It's like creating a server with custom commands, and expecting your players to learn it by themselves without a help command. There has to be that one person there in-order to help, and you know who that is? *rhetorical question* When a person responds to someone's question, they get the gist of it, and a little bit of something else. To put it in perspective, out of the players in the server you're playing on, that one person who answered you took time to first stop what they're doing in order to read your question, which is quite a bit considering you see chat moving fast. Secondly, they read your question and consumed the information to produce an efficient valid response. Thirdly, they typed out the answer and helped out the player who needed help which establishes a mid-trust between the two. If a staff member does this, the person who needed the question answered now will remember who answered their question first, and will most likely go to them in case they have another. That little communication scenario is called gaining trust. That trust is what staff members seek between players because trust keeps friendships bonded together, and keeps people happy. And with happy little players, you will have a happy server, with a happy staff team. Moving on from that aspiring speech about how the brain processes information in a scenario, I will continue to elaborate on why I desire the role of staff. The scenario is a good gist of what I mean when I won't let anyone down, and be there for anyone. I've noticed lately on Parkourse, sometimes I will be on when other staff members are not, and when a player needs help, the staff member that is supposed to be there is not, which is unfortunate because it's a let down for the dedicated player. I honestly can label myself reliable, I've always been reliable in life and it's great to have. I have the mindset of wanting to be the one staff member that people can just easily depend on. For example, if an Admin is sorting out a management issue, or doing another day to day job they have and require a lower-tier staff member to assist a situation, I want the Admin's mindset to be; "Oh, get 3mn I guarantee he can help out there." And you know, that in whatever situation is occurring, I can easily be a reliable factor in it and guarantee the assistance of me in the situation. Lastly in this question, I feel like I've connected with the staff team in a good bonding way. I feel like I can work as an efficient team with them to accomplish any challenge we want to overtake. I honestly have so much confidence in myself as of now, I am confident I will be that person in staff members' minds when they need someone to help with a situation. Anyway, those are the main points I wanted to elaborate on regarding why I want to become a staff.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
I've been on ManaCube since July of 2018.

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
Depending on my day; plans, family, etc; I can safely calculate 5-9 hours a day of playtime for ManaCube. I am shifting all of my focuses to only ManaCube to satisfy quotas.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
As mentioned in the other question, I have many unique aspects of myself that make me a qualified experienced staff member. I feel as if my experience which is mentioned below can be a big impact. The server I was staff on which was "ZincBox" owned by McWithDrake, CreeperFarts, and FinsGraphics, gave me a great deal of experience and situations that helped me become a more reliable and productive staff member. As I rambled on about in the first long response question, I can safely say my #1 quality is reliability. I have the thought that I am extremely reliable and I don't just put in enough effort to satisfy the higher-ups, I push my limits and strive to be the best person I can be and completely dominate quotas. Another skill I have is my ability to retain lots of information quickly and respond in a quite small amount of time. This may not be relevant, but I can type relatively fast, which means my response time to a situation can determine the difference between a person going rogue and simply entering a command fast enough to deal with someone. This may not be something people look for, but I guarantee this skill will come in handy. For example, a situation: a user asks a question while I am in the middle of a situation with another valuable member, but I don't want to be rude to the player I am helping at the time. My ability to type fast will allow me to help another player while I am helping another, two players being dealt with at once. Now imagine me doing this every time, every time I do this I help more people, more players are satisfied, and so on. I believe my grammar may be a skill I have acquired over the years to help demonstrate my skills for staff. For example; if I am in a serious situation with a player, I won't be using horrible grammar and slacking off with my words, this would be a misinterpretation and make the staff team look immature and incapable of using grammar. But I'm not one who uses improper grammar; yes there might be a mistake here and there, but I can't name someone who's absolutely perfect. That's what gives us the challenge, not being perfect. I also have spent plenty of time learning the commands needed to play Parkourse efficiently and have managed to help numerous amounts of players with simple questions. For example, a common question I answer is; "How do you make other players invisible?" I usually respond with; "Use ./hide to hide other players. And /show to see them again." There are many commands I've learned and I am strongly confident I am ready to help anyone with any questions they may have.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
I've actually been staff on quite a few servers. Each server I've applied for had a different experience for me which is relatively suprising. Out of all the servers I've been staff on, I feel as if one job I had was the most important and in common, and will always be; Helper. Many people assume this is the dinky position that you just suffer and learn in with no fun, wrong. In fact, I believe without the Helper role, servers would not be stable. I would rather help a player out with a simple question, rather than ban an exploiter or kick someone for violating a rule or law on the server. This is the one lesson I've learned in all my experiences combined. Staff isn't ALL about banning and kicking hackers, in-fact, that's what most applicants believe. The title takes advantage of people, and almost controls them. But in the real world, staff concentrate more on the players satisfaction and happiness, rather than the hackers and rule-breakers that aren't as important as the loyal dedicated players. Why you may ask? Well, would YOU, yourself, rather ban a hacker while leaving a player to be left helpless with no information, or do your true job and help a player out with a simple question and answer response! These lesson(s) I've learned really are just a summed up version of all my experiences put together. Now back to the individual experiences. One notable server I was staff on was named Zincbox, owned by McWithDrake, CreeperFarts, and FinsGraphics. This was back in late 2012, 2013, somewhere around there. I truly stay dedicated to the goal I set. I wanted to achieve staff on that server for the longest time; I didn't think I would ever get it; this is almost the same experience, and my goal is getting staff here. I submitted 17 applications before I was finally accepted. I actually felt as if that the application I submitted prior was the one to remember. The application took me 3 days to create, almost 9 thousand words total, and a lot of soda and food to keep me up. After being accepted I thought I was going to just be given the role and learn to punish by-myself. But no, I was wrong. This was the first big server I was actually staff on. They invited me to a TS and asked me to join the channel named "Training Channel 1." I was extremely excited, I felt I was going to be there for a while; so I ran from my room, to the kitchen and grabbed some chicken nuggets to eat while I was there. I didn't eat while I was talking of course, just in-between when they asked if I need a break. During the training, I was assigned a role and that was obviously to be a Helper and help out in chat. At the time, I was one of those kids thinking I was just going to ban hackers and be the good guy, but no; that's not what it's about; at all. I don't get as much pleasure off of banning someone than helping a player out with a favor, or with a question easily answered. I shortly after realized that and shifted gears immediately; my perspective of staffing changed forever since that very moment. I knew I needed to get my mind off of flying and spectating people trying to banish exploiters / hackers, and needed to concentrate on learning every command I need to guarantee reliability on myself for the staff-team as a whole. They sent me a document, and within it was a google document with all the punishment times, reasoning's, and other useful information. They went over it, and after they said I was ready. I was honestly kind of nervous to be doing this since this was my first rodeo, but I felt as if I was ready. I went into the game, they announced my promotion and everyone congratulated me. It was pretty heart-warming to be relieved that all the sweat and work you've put into something finally pays off. It was time to go! I was asked many questions at the start such as, "how long did it take to get accepted??", "can u ban", "can u give me rank", etc. I answered all the questions honestly and started to get the hang of it. As time went on, I was asked different questions; some repeated, which gave me a very easy answer to respond with. Now, I can safely and truly say, I am prepared to bring all my life lessons, experiences, and skills to ManaCube to make the best Helper I can possibly be.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
Three attributes I have explained about in the application that I believe qualify me are maturity, reliability, and dedication. First off, my maturity is a must when it comes to representing a server's staff team. Joining a server with immature staff will give false hope and allow people to assume the staff are a joke and the server is a joke. I can safely label myself mature; yea I may joke around here and there, but as people say; when it's time to act mature, I will definitely do so. My second attribute is my reliability. I am constantly on when I can, I rarely take breaks which seems rediculous but I manage. I can chill on the server and do some school work which allows me to do 2 things at once, gives me more production and more experience at multi-tasking. If I was called to help with the server at 3 AM on a school night, I truly and honestly would get on just to help; it's my job to answer when I am called. Lastly, my dedication. Once I have set my mind to a position on a server, I will only conecntrate on it. For ManaCube, I have no other positions on any other MC server and I only play ManaCube. I absolutely want to use the time I have for fun to play ManaCube, it's honestly the definition of fun. These are the three attributes that distinguish myself from other players that qualify for helper.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
The role of a staff member is to do what your assigned role is and do it to the best of your abilities. Usually the lower tier staff member ranks concentrate mostly on helping a player with any questions or assisting other staff members in another situation. For example, if a player is using blacklisted modifications or doing anything that includes a bannable-offense, usually a Helper would contact a higher tier staff member to deal with it because of their power and command limits. But some staff members such as the Admins or Managers deal with more responsible roles such as reviewing staff applications, reviewing ban appeals, dealing with server issues or complaints, etc. I believe each staff member is important, all relying on each other for something; just as if Helper relies on Moderators/Admins to deal with blacklisted modifications and anything out of the Helpers power.

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes, and I can record with above 60FPS giving me valid / swift proof.

Anything else we should know?
Mostly the fact that I love to experience new game modes, meet new people, and make people's day is probably the most important thing you can know about me.

I also wanted to explain some reasons why I chose Parkourse over other servers. Firstly, Parkourse to me is a server that can't get old and boring. There are always new maps being made, world record's to beat, and racing to dominate and reach #1. You can even make your maps to submit which adds a kind of enjoyable and creative aspect to Parkourse. It's like parkour + creative which are my two favorite things! I also spend time on Discord and more time on the ManaCube Forums now which enables me to show my activity and my friendliness across the community.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

You are aware that if you are accepted, you will be required to use a microphone for some sections of staff training to talk with the senior staff member leading your initial and future training sessions:
Yes

Last edited:

ThatComicGuy

MVP+
ThatComicGuy
ThatComicGuy
MVP+
Ratings
126 6
Hey 3mn!
Since you have fixed you Errors my score has become a +1
For Fixing the Reasons.......

Your Minecraft is unlinked (Completed!)
Your Discord is Unlinked (Completed!)
You missed out on the 3 Attributes Detail (Completed!)

Overall Requirements

You have completed the requirement for 700 Word for you have taken you time and an overall count of 2069 words in total
You have completed the requirement for 20 Forum posts with a 38 forum post
It is very detailed, and you have very good at responding to Responses shown below, this is the stuff expected from a Staff member :)
You have well over 50 Hours on Parkour (Proof: https://prnt.sc/qmtdjy)
Your Minecraft is now Linked
Your Discord is linked

Congratulations! You have completed all the requirements from what I can see, and you are now eligible to be a staff member

Test results, A+
-Comic

Last edited:

3mn

VIP+
3mn
3mn
VIP+
Ratings
Hey 3mn!
I am sorry to say but for you have earned a -0.3
For the following Reasons.......

Your Minecraft is unlinked
Your Discord is Unlinked
You missed out on the 3 Attributes Detail

Here are the requirements you did complete

You have completed the requirement for 700 Word for you have taken you time and an overall count of 2069 words in total
You have completed the requirement for 20 Forum posts with a 38 forum post
It is very Detailed Apart from the, "3 attributes" part add some more into that Section.
You have well over 50 Hours on Parkour (Proof: https://prnt.sc/qmtdjy)

So, for now, My answer is
These can be easily fixed once you have fixed these Problems I may Reconsider my score
but for now.....

Test results, D-
-Comic

Hey! I appreciate the time you took to reply and I enjoy reading responses. I have linked my MC acc to my forums account, and I linked my Discord. I am having trouble editing the 3 attributes part because of an internet connection issue so as soon as I can I will edit that. Thank you and have a nice day! <3

P.S. I edited the 3 attributes <3 I'm a bit tired from my sleeping pills but as I say, I am dedicated and i will be reliable at any time, even if it's 10 PM on a school night. xP Goodnight! :)

ThatComicGuy

MVP+
ThatComicGuy
ThatComicGuy
MVP+
Ratings
126 6
Hey! I appreciate the time you took to reply and I enjoy reading responses. I have linked my MC acc to my forums account, and I linked my Discord. I am having trouble editing the 3 attributes part because of an internet connection issue so as soon as I can I will edit that. Thank you and have a nice day! <3

P.S. I edited the 3 attributes <3 I'm a bit tired from my sleeping pills but as I say, I am dedicated and i will be reliable at any time, even if it's 10 PM on a school night. xP Goodnight! :)
What up!
Thanks for reading my response!
Since you have taken Note, You are now eligible to be a staff member!

Tasses

ELITE
MVP+
MVP
VIP+
VIP
Mapper
Tasses
Tasses
ELITE
Ratings
580 26
An extremely long application but after reading I felt there was a lot of repetition and excessive use of language. This is fine, just what I thought. Sometimes as staff it's better to be brief than wordy, to get your point understood more easily. The application is good. As for ingame, although I see him online often I don't often see him helping out in chat or being a positive influence. The application shows potential and you seem very mature, but I think you need more time with the server and to have a bigger presence in chat. Good luck!

3mn

VIP+
3mn
3mn
VIP+
Ratings
An extremely long application but after reading I felt there was a lot of repetition and excessive use of language. This is fine, just what I thought. Sometimes as staff it's better to be brief than wordy, to get your point understood more easily. The application is good. As for ingame, although I see him online often I don't often see him helping out in chat or being a positive influence. The application shows potential and you seem very mature, but I think you need more time with the server and to have a bigger presence in chat. Good luck!
Thank you I appreciate the post! I have been helping a lot in chat, I have a folder of almost everytime I’ve helped someone and I could dm you with it on Discord if you’d like. But yea, I feel like elaborating deeply on something gives the reader a better understanding of my point. I’m often quite busy in chat, maybe we get on at different times or I don’t know. But yea thank you for the response I appreciate it. :)