5 Mans/16 Hour Shield Map

Do you think Factions should switch to 5 mans with 16 hour shields?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aidan3521

ELITE
Aidan3521
Aidan3521
ELITE
Ratings
As anyone who has played factions in the last 6 seasons would know that Mana Factions has been going through a rough period for awhile now where the playerbase is dying off due to a lack of interest and time to play Mana and other glitches/major issue. One of the major issues revolving Mana Factions is players losing interest in defending for 12 hours after there shield ends. Most maps have a standard shield time of 16 hours. With school/jobs or other irl things it makes it very difficult to have time to play Manacube factions and defend for another 12 hours. Frankly nobody wants to wallcheck for 12 hours straight to make sure they arnt offlined by another faction especially on a 4 week map that consists of 2 weeks of TNT. Increasing the shield time from 12 hours to 16 hours would be a huge boost for many players that want to play but cant because of the lack of time or other things going on. Another suggestion is for Mana to switch from a 10 man 15 man roster map to a 5 man 10 man roster map. Mana is not fit for 10 mans at the moment due to the cannon jar needing serious work and the constant lag or poor knockback/PvP that goes on in factions making it very hard to force people. 5 Mans would be much simpler for the staff team and easier to moderate. It would fit more with Manas smaller faction player base since many players have left over the seasons. Factions would have a overall more active roster. Adding these 2 things would greatly help Mana Factions on the right track to a more prosperous and better server.

Penawar

ELITE
Penawar
Penawar
ELITE
Ratings
12 1
I think this is a great idea because many people are burning out on 12-hour shields, having 12-hour shields promote people to hide value during the map and place in the last 72 hours before payout which sucks I believe this is because the shield is too short. They don't want to defend this long because they don't have 12 hours to spare a day to Defend. I think 5 man would be a fascinating take for mana as the player base on factions has become smaller than to what it was. I feel this would help massively with the burnout

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Howdy Homies!

When I heard about 5 mans in the past I was always worried about players not having ENOUGH room to include everyone in their faction however, after being staff on Manacube for awhile I think 5 mans could be beneficial for not only the player base but the server as a whole. I cannot make any promises to changes as those choice are not mine to make but I do agree with this suggestion.

The last time I was able to actively play Manacube factions was season 4. My factions was at max 6 players with 3 being active at one time at once. We were able to place in /f top and win payout even with our small size. I think now, moving to smaller faction sizes, as well as the shield time you suggested would encourage more raiding, more pvp, and less hiding of wealth. Thank you for this great suggestion Aidan!

best, kayla

Penawar

ELITE
Penawar
Penawar
ELITE
Ratings
12 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
little side Suggestion change the length of the maps. either to 3 week (1 week grace 2 week raiding ) or (1 week grace 1 week raiding )
this will allow the server to have enough down time to work on issues with factions and also bring out new maps faster

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
little side Suggestion change the length of the maps. either to 3 week (1 week grace 2 week raiding ) or (1 week grace 1 week raiding )
this will allow the server to have enough down time to work on issues with factions and also bring out new maps faster
We have discussed a 3 week map but as of right now that is not possible, just letting yall know. Not to shut down your suggestion but to explain why we cannot accept that one!

Since ManaCube has so many gamemodes as of right now it would not be healthy for the network to make the faction seasons any shorter!

Penawar

ELITE
Penawar
Penawar
ELITE
Ratings
12 1
We have discussed a 3 week map but as of right now that is not possible, just letting yall know. Not to shut down your suggestion but to explain why we cannot accept that one!

Since ManaCube has so many gamemodes as of right now it would not be healthy for the network to make the faction seasons any shorter!
okay thank you

Riffet

Dedicated Member
Ratings
37 5
+1 i dont feel like playing a dead and bugged server for long, this would be a pretty sick addition

Heringen

MVP
Heringen
Heringen
MVP
Ratings
15 1
Roster is 25 man, if you are organized faction wall checking isn't problem.
Mana is definitely not lacking players, last season we forced 7-8 factions.

Aidan3521

ELITE
Aidan3521
Aidan3521
ELITE
Ratings
Roster is 25 man, if you are organized faction wall checking isn't problem.
Mana is definitely not lacking players, last season we forced 7-8 factions.
Just saying mana had an active 20-40 players week 2 tnt for a 10 man 4 week map and you got stuffed by 4 defenders while forcing with 10 twice on us. Mana in general has a small playerbase for factions that actually tries to play past grace and lose the time to play when they get busy irl and cant defend for 12 hours.

Heringen

MVP
Heringen
Heringen
MVP
Ratings
15 1
Just saying mana had an active 20-40 players week 2 tnt for a 10 man 4 week map and you got stuffed by 4 defenders while forcing with 10 twice on us. Mana in general has a small playerbase for factions that actually tries to play past grace and lose the time to play when they get busy irl and cant defend for 12 hours.
Every server loses players after 1st week, that's when most raiding gets done.

Aidan3521

ELITE
Aidan3521
Aidan3521
ELITE
Ratings
Every server loses players after 1st week, that's when most raiding gets done.
Your not supposed to lose over 60% of your playerbase in a week not to mention the server also dies after grace, 5 mans would fit with the smaller playerbase on mana rather than trying to fill up 10 mans with a 15 man roster to only force someone and have server die.