Slaapziekte

ELITE
Slaapziekte
Slaapziekte
ELITE
Ratings
59 2
Hello,

I am a regular pond player on Olympus (Aether + Atlas)!
And I have noticed how pond isn't popular anymore: there are bugs, the pond isn't good enough, it's too hard and 1-3 players "rule" pond.
I feel like this is a problem, pond was supposed to be really good! When you look at the pond now, some would describe it as "pathetic".

So, I have contacted multiple people on every server that has a pond to hear their opinion about it!

What is wrong with it?

Olympus:
1) The "bounce bug", I know this has been reported, but what is it exactly? Basically your rod bounces further, making it unable for you to catch anything.
2) The lag. I have experienced this the most on Aether. The lag during pond is really annoying and makes it even harder for you to catch anything.
3) The difference between Aether and Atlas; Atlas' pond is better and less buggy / laggy than Aether's pond. (I also have realized that Atlas' pond gives better items more often, might be an illusion, but yeah)
4) Some things do not count towards your catches, e.g: common enchantment books / xp bottles.
5) The timer doesn't consistently count down. Whenever you're at pond and it's about to begin, it just says "4m28s" or something like that. The time is never accurate.
6) There is one spot at pond (Aether) where you can't stand, you just get pushed back. Just like if you'd try to enter the pond.

(Olympus has the most problems since stuff never gets fixed over here..)
Skyblock:
1) Aztec: The ability to get into the pond by using enderpearls or an ender wand.
2) Oasis: Sometimes, when catching item, you will get the message: " You don't have permission to do that here ". And you will not be given the item.

Survival:
1) Some rewards are not given to you when you catch them.
2) You can fly above some parts in survival which is annoying. People end up flying in front of others.

Note: There is a difference between the ponds. I will use Olympus and Skyblock as an example; The items in Skyblock's pond "fly" WAY higher than in Olympus' pond, making it really hard for you to catch anything without using /fly, /tf or those fly cookies in SkyBlock.

What is pond like?

This conclusion is based off of opinions of players who regularly participate in the pond event on all servers.

Overall, pond is a very enjoyable event. It's meant for all players and not just ranked ones, which makes it even better. Many people love the idea of pond and like doing it, sure, there is a learning curve but that makes it even more fun to do! The items that appear during pond are good for new players but also for helping you on your way to "the top".

Pond is also a fun way of getting stuff easily and it's competitive.

What should change ?

I asked the question whether or not pond should be buffed / what could or should change and I got some really interesting answers!

It should be buffed. Most people told me more rare items should appear, because a lot of saddles, nametags & leather boots tend to pop up.
The items are good, but we think it'd be more popular if there were better items.

Suggestions

1) An epic pond. What would this mean? There would be a 1-5% chance of it appearing and it would contain one "epic" item or multiple good items. This suggestion has already been suggested and is awaiting approval. I will edit this when it has been approved :D.

2) Make us, pond players, season legends. On olympus, there is a monthly pond leaderboard and we only get a title. Not even a star, which is really sad since even Trials gets a star while you can do that all day. (Pond is 3 times a day on oly)

3) Make it more consistent as to what rewards spawn during pond. E.g: One pond there can be 2 magic titles and 3 ancient keys and the other pond will only contain 1 ancient key.

End

Why did I make this? I feel like pond deserves a revamp!
Pond isn't really popular anymore so I decided to make this post.

Huge thanks to: Juuss, MomGetTheLantern, BforBob, iiGalaxyGod, *unknown person*

And thank YOU for reading this!

ReallyWeird101

ELITE
notbinary
notbinary
ELITE
Ratings
YES! i agree with this. mana pond in atlas and aether are just sad and 1-3 people do tend to rule it.

Im 100% agreeing with you guys i stop doing the manapond event, because i can't take the lag. Plus the people runnig/ruleing the pond is also not fun.

ShayminBoi

ELITE
Sunflower_Duck
Sunflower_Duck
ELITE
Ratings
I mostly agree with the post :),

I do think tho that there is some merit to the randomness of what can spawn but I can see why most people would consider a consistent list of things better.

My only addition to the post would maybe be like scale the odds of rare stuff spawning with number of people at the pond if that is possible to make? Would increase incentive to get as many people to come as possible and make it a bit more competitive