A Bit of Help with World Edit (//wand and more)

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Introduction
I've been on Creative for a bit. I just passed 150 hours and I've seen at least 5 people ask how to use world edit. Every time I've said “Watch a YouTube video, it's hard to explain," because it's really hard to teach someone correctly on the spot and it can take time out of your build. But, as I want to help others, I've decided to make this in my spare time. I hope it helps you - I've wrote down a lot of the commands you'll find useful.

What is World Edit?
World Edit, on ManaCube Creative, is a special tool that can help you make structures, rotate them, copy and paste them, and more. The world edit tool is called a wand, but the item you hold instead of a stick (which looks more like a wand) is a wooden axe, so be sure to use that when executing these commands. Some of the commands I will be going over do not need you to be holding the wand while executing them. Let's go!

//wand

Typing //wand will give you a wooden axe in the slot you've selected in your hotbar. You can also just take a wooden axe from your supplies and put it in your inventory.

Regions

Regions are areas selected by the wand that can be changeable when using commands like //copy and //paste, //set and //place. First, place a block on the lower corner of your build. Mine the block with the axe (left click if you have default settings), and it will make the region's beginning wherever you placed that block. Fly up towards the farthest corner away from your build, and make a block there. Shave off the block with your axe like you would when stripping wood in a higher update (right click if you have default settings), and that will make the region's ending wherever you placed that block. Now you have a region selected, in which you can now edit with commands regarding the wand.

//copy
Member Access - No
Wand - Needed
Region - Needed

Difficulty - Easy

//copy is extremely useful, letting you select and copy a huge amount of blocks and saving them in your clipboard for pasting. First, place a block on the lower corner of your build. Mine the block with the axe (left click if you have default settings), and it will make the region's beginning wherever you placed that block. Fly up towards the farthest corner away from your build, and make a block there. Shave off the block with your axe like you would when stripping wood in a higher update (right click if you have default settings), and that will make the region's ending wherever you placed that block. Now, type "//copy" in the chat and it will copy the region onto your clipboard for pasting.

//paste
Member Access - No
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed

Difficulty - Intermediate

//paste is a helpful tool - if you're not a member. You need VIP rank to use this command. If you're a member, use //place instead, for it will work exactly the same as this command. Wherever you were when you copied your region, for example standing 3 blocks to the right, then it will paste the region exactly as if you were right where you were when you copied it. This could result in problems with pasting it if you're in the air somewhere close to your region when you copy it. I suggest you stand at the corner of the lower selected block when copying the region for it makes it super easy to paste.

//place
Member Access - No
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed

//place is //paste, but for members. Read the paragraph above this one to learn how to paste your region.

//set
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Needed

Difficulty - Easy

//set is extremely useful when making the basic shapes of your build. It will fill the selected region with blocks of your pick. The one-block-only command will look like this:
//set <block>
The multiple-block command will look like this:
//set <number>%<block>,<other number making both numbers added to equal 100>%<block>

//replace
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Needed
Difficulty - Easy

//replace is a fun little tool that will allow you to change a certain block in your selected region to another block. This can be useful for making aquariums with water. The one-block-only command will look like this:
//replace <block> <new block>
//replace <block> <number>%<block>,<other number making both numbers added to equal 100>%<block>

//replacenear
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//replacenear is a super useful tool that will let you replace block that's in a certain radius around you to a new block. The one-block-only command will look like this:
//replacenear <radius> <block> <newblock>
//replacenear <radius> <block> <number>%<block>,<other number making both numbers added to equal 100>%<block>

//rotate
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Needed
Difficulty - Hard

//rotate is extremely useful, but extremely hard to write properly. First, you should have a region copied to your clipboard. The command will look like this:
//rotate <amount of rotation around the y axis><amount of rotation around the x axis><amount of rotation around the z axis>
Once you've entered the command, //paste (or //place) the clipboard in the same place you copied it. It will have rotated an amount of your choice.

//undo
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//undo will allow you to fix what you accidentally did to your build. Keep typing //undo to undo every world edit you've ever done, but that's...really unsuggested if you've used world edit in your other builds.

//redo
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//redo is an important world edit tool, especially if you've accidentally typed //undo. It will redo every change with world edit you've made until it's reached the point where there's nothing to redo.

//hsphere
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//hsphere is an extremely helpful command when making the basic shapes for your plot. Around you, a hollow sphere will be created with the block, or pattern, of your choice. The one-block command will look like this:
//hsphere <block> <radius>
//hsphere <number>%<block>,<other number that will make both numbers added to equal 100>%<block> <radius>

//line
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Needed
Region - Needed

//line is perfect for making branches for your tree, and walls for your rectangle, allowing you to pick the block and choose the thickness of the line. The one-block command will look like this:
//line <block> <thickness>
//line <number>%<block>,<other number that will make both numbers added to equal 100>%<block> <thickness>

//up
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//up is an easy timesaver. //up will teleport you as many blocks up as you want and will make a glass block beneath your feet. The command will look like this:
//up <number>

//move
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Needed
Difficulty - Easy

//move is one of the coolest world edit commands around! All you need to do is select a region, and then type //move <amount of blocks>. The region will then move in the direction you are looking at the region. Example: If you were looking down at the region, the region would move down. Make sure to not write the command twice, for once the region has moved, newly created air will move down and replace parts of the region. You can always use //undo when this happens.

//cyl
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed

//cyl is a very good command for making circular floors or ceilings. It will create a flat circular platform around you. The command would look like this:
//cyl <block> <radius> <height>
The multiple-block command would look like this:
//cyl <number>%<block>,<other number that will make both numbers added to equal 100>%<block> <radius> <height>

//hcyl
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed

//hycl is an extremely helpful tool when making circular walls, as this command will generate a hollow sphere around you with the radius and block type of your choice, even allowing you to choose a height to make walls even easier. Pick a place you want to create a hollow sphere, and enter this command:
//hcyl <block> <radius> <height>
The multiple-block command would look like this:
//hcyl <number>%<block>,<other number that will make both numbers added to equal 100>%<block> <radius> <height>

Go Brush

Go Brush is your friend at making terrain...sort of. It is a piece of flint, and to activate it, you need to type
/gb toggle
Punch with the flint (left click if you're on default settings) and a menu will pop up, allowing you to choose different types of terrain and the intensity of when you generate it, allowing you to pull the ground upwards or push it down into itself to form a tunnel, and more. Use the flint as if it was an axe shaving off the bark on a log (right click if you're on default settings) and you will generate the terrain you set the flint to create. Go Brush can make things insane and it can destroy your work with one click, but type //undo to undo. If you accidentally typed undo, you can do //redo to redo the action.

Voxel (/br)

Voxel, or /br, is an extremely helpful sidekick to Go Brush. Select any block and type /br, and you can set Voxel to do anything you want. Most importantly for Go Brush is Voxel's smoothing tool, which you can get by typing
/br smooth
It will set the properties of the block you're holding in your hotbar to make everything "smooth" when you perform the action of pretending to shave off bark (right click if you're on default settings).

/i

/i is another extremely helpful tool in Creative, where you can get just about any item you want. It's great if you need barrier blocks for your build, or steak if your gamemode is survival because your playing someone's parkour and need to top off your hunger bar.
/i <item> <amount>

Final Words

I hope this guide was able to help you out. As I said before, whenever I find another useful World Edit tool that I think deserves sharing (That just sounds good, I'll share all of them!), I will put it on this guide. If there's anything I missed, let me know. If there's anything that's hard to understand, let me know, I'll try to make it easier to understand for you. Thanks!

Acid_Reflvx

Last edited:

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
Wow Acid_Reflvx, this is a very detailed and useful tutorial for WorldEdit! This will be super helpful for WorldEdit starters since W/E for me is super essential for Creative. Thanks Acid! ;D

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
This is absolutely amazing, Acid! On behalf of many players, I can definitely say thank you! :D
- ashley<3

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
1601862291873.png

"Wand" is optional, for //copy as of //pos1 then //pos2 then //copy

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
View attachment 36919

"Wand" is optional, for //copy as of //pos1 then //pos2 then //copy
I understand you may be confused about why I didn't say you needed //wand. The region paragraph is how to select a structure you want to edit, that you will copy with the command //copy. Hope this helped make sense =)

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
Very useful and helpful for common worldedit commands! I also wanted to add in since I didn't see this mentioned was /up, which I don't think is a worldedit command but is really useful. You simply type /up <# of blocks high you want to go>, and it will place a glass block however many blocks you specified above you. Kinda confusing but basically it keeps you from having to build a giant pillar if you have to select a block in the air.

Now that I think of it, this still sounds really confusing and you still probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but just next time you're on creative and are using worldedit type /up 10 and you'll see what I mean :mc_79-0:

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Very useful and helpful for common worldedit commands! I also wanted to add in since I didn't see this mentioned was /up, which I don't think is a worldedit command but is really useful. You simply type /up <# of blocks high you want to go>, and it will place a glass block however many blocks you specified above you. Kinda confusing but basically it keeps you from having to build a giant pillar if you have to select a block in the air.

Now that I think of it, this still sounds really confusing and you still probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but just next time you're on creative and are using worldedit type /up 10 and you'll see what I mean :mc_79-0:
Very helpful, added it!

Last edited:
Ratings
10 2
Introduction
I've been on Creative for a bit. I just passed 150 hours and I've seen at least 5 people ask how to use world edit. Every time I've said “Watch a YouTube video, it's hard to explain," because it's really hard to teach someone correctly on the spot and it can take time out of your build. But, as I want to help others, I've decided to make this in my spare time. I hope it helps you - I've wrote down a lot of the commands you'll find useful.

What is World Edit?
World Edit, on ManaCube Creative, is a special tool that can help you make structures, rotate them, copy and paste them, and more. The world edit tool is called a wand, but the item you hold instead of a stick (which looks more like a wand) is a wooden axe, so be sure to use that when executing these commands. Some of the commands I will be going over do not need you to be holding the wand while executing them. Let's go!

//wand

Typing //wand will give you a wooden axe in the slot you've selected in your hotbar. You can also just take a wooden axe from your supplies and put it in your inventory.

Regions

Regions are areas selected by the wand that can be changeable when using commands like //copy and //paste, //set and //place. First, place a block on the lower corner of your build. Mine the block with the axe (left click if you have default settings), and it will make the region's beginning wherever you placed that block. Fly up towards the farthest corner away from your build, and make a block there. Shave off the block with your axe like you would when stripping wood in a higher update (right click if you have default settings), and that will make the region's ending wherever you placed that block. Now you have a region selected, in which you can now edit with commands regarding the wand.

//copy
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Needed
Region - Needed

Difficulty - Easy

//copy is extremely useful, letting you select and copy a huge amount of blocks and saving them in your clipboard for pasting. First, place a block on the lower corner of your build. Mine the block with the axe (left click if you have default settings), and it will make the region's beginning wherever you placed that block. Fly up towards the farthest corner away from your build, and make a block there. Shave off the block with your axe like you would when stripping wood in a higher update (right click if you have default settings), and that will make the region's ending wherever you placed that block. Now, type "//copy" in the chat and it will copy the region onto your clipboard for pasting.

//paste
Member Access - No
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed

//paste is a helpful tool - if you're not a member. You need VIP rank to use this command. If you're a member, use //place instead, for it will work exactly the same as this command. Wherever you were when you copied your region, for example standing 3 blocks to the right, then it will paste the region exactly as if you were right where you were when you copied it. This could result in problems with pasting it if you're in the air somewhere close to your region when you copy it. I suggest you stand at the corner of the lower selected block when copying the region for it makes it super easy to paste.

//place
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed

//place is //paste, but for members. Read the paragraph above this one to learn how to paste your region.

//set
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Needed

Difficulty - Easy

//set is extremely useful when making the basic shapes of your build. It will fill the selected region with blocks of your pick. The one-block-only command will look like this:
//set <block>
//set <number>%<block>,<other number making both numbers added to equal 100>%<block>

//replace
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Needed
Difficulty - Easy

//replace is a fun little tool that will allow you to change a certain block in your selected region to another block. This can be useful for making aquariums with water. The one-block-only command will look like this:
//replace <block> <number>%<block>,<other number making both numbers added to equal 100>%<block>

//replacenear
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//replacenear is a super useful tool that will let you replace block that's in a certain radius around you to a new block. The one-block-only command will look like this:
//replacenear <radius> <block> <number>%<block>,<other number making both numbers added to equal 100>%<block>

//rotate
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Needed
Difficulty - Hard

//rotate is extremely useful, but extremely hard to write properly. First, you should have a region copied to your clipboard. The command will look like this:
//rotate <amount of rotation around the y axis><amount of rotation around the x axis><amount of rotation around the z axis>
Once you've entered the command, //paste (or //place) the clipboard in the same place you copied it. It will have rotated an amount of your choice.

//undo
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//undo will allow you to fix what you accidentally did to your build. Keep typing //undo to undo every world edit you've ever done, but that's...really unsuggested if you've used world edit in your other builds.

//redo
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//redo is an important world edit tool, especially if you've accidentally typed //undo. It will redo every change with world edit you've made until it's reached the point where there's nothing to redo.

//hsphere
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//hsphere is an extremely helpful command when making the basic shapes for your plot. Around you, a hollow sphere will be created with the block, or pattern, of your choice. The one-block command will look like this:
//hsphere <number>%<block>,<other number that will make both numbers added to equal 100>%<block> <radius>

//line
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Needed
Region - Needed

//line is perfect for making branches for your tree, and walls for your rectangle, allowing you to pick the block and choose the thickness of the line. The one-block command will look like this:
//line <number>%<block>,<other number that will make both numbers added to equal 100>%<block> <thickness>

//up
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//up is an easy timesaver. //up will teleport you as many blocks up as you want and will make a glass block beneath your feet. The command will look like this:
//up <number>

Go Brush

Go Brush is your friend at making terrain...sort of. It is a piece of flint, and to activate it, you need to type
/gb toggle
Punch with the flint (left click if you're on default settings) and a menu will pop up, allowing you to choose different types of terrain and the intensity of when you generate it, allowing you to pull the ground upwards or push it down into itself to form a tunnel, and more. Use the flint as if it was an axe shaving off the bark on a log (right click if you're on default settings) and you will generate the terrain you set the flint to create. Go Brush can make things insane and it can destroy your work with one click, but type //undo to undo. If you accidentally typed undo, you can do //redo to redo the action.

Voxel (/br)

Voxel, or /br, is an extremely helpful sidekick to Go Brush. Select any block and type /br, and you can set Voxel to do anything you want. Most importantly for Go Brush is Voxel's smoothing tool, which you can get by typing
/br smooth
It will set the properties of the block you're holding in your hotbar to make everything "smooth" when you perform the action of pretending to shave off bark (right click if you're on default settings).

/i

/i is another extremely helpful tool in Creative, where you can get just about any item you want. It's great if you need barrier blocks for your build, or steak if your gamemode is survival because your playing someone's parkour and need to top off your hunger bar.
/i <item> <amount>

Final Words

I hope this guide was able to help you out. As I said before, whenever I find another useful World Edit tool that I think deserves sharing (That just sounds good, I'll share all of them!), I will put it on this guide. If there's anything I missed, let me know. If there's anything that's hard to understand, let me know, I'll try to make it easier to understand for you. Thanks!

Acid_Reflvx
good job acid this is really helpfull

Ratings
10 2
Introduction

What is World Edit?

//wand

Regions

//copy
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Needed
Region - Needed

Difficulty - Easy

//paste
Member Access - No
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed

//place
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed

//set
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Needed

Difficulty - Easy

//set <block>

//replace
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Needed
Difficulty - Easy

//replacenear
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//rotate
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Needed
Difficulty - Hard

//undo
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//redo
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//hsphere
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//line
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Needed
Region - Needed

//up
Member Access - Yes
Wand - Not needed
Region - Not needed
Difficulty - Easy

//up <number>

Go Brush

/gb toggle

Voxel (/br)

/br smooth

/i

/i <item> <amount>

Final Words

Acid_Reflvx
keep up the good work friend

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Going to add //move today; very useful

Edit: Added!

Last edited:

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
I added //hcyl and //cyl! :D

caleb!

Dedicated Member
ELITE
imageyser
imageyser
ELITE
Ratings
251 8
oo just wanted to let you know that we have updated the server so you need advanced worldedit for at least //copy, unsure about //place, will need someone to test it out in game. a lot of players don't know about this atm as it is a new change to minimize the amount of crash plots we have on creative.

very cool guide, thanks so much for making it ^ - ^