xDarkAssasin

Dedicated Member
VIP
xDarkAssasin
xDarkAssasin
VIP
Ratings
45 3
Well after some thoughts and visiting some other servers, i thought about that: A new Staff Role! Did you ever tell yourself: this staff needs to be a mod but the admins say he is not ready? Surprise! A Trial Mod Role. A role can applied until 2 months. The trial mod will be Watch. He will get a bit more commands and he will get a mod training! After 2 weeks of trial mod Tha admin will post a vote. For example: Should xDacon be promoted to a mod. And the community is voting. And than you promote as the community thoughts.
Yours, xDarkAssasin.

Last edited:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I don't think adding this role would be proactive. It wouldn't necessarily be good or bad, but there's a few reasons why I wouldn't change the current staff recruitment system:
1. There's already a decent amount of community feedback when a person decides to apply for staff. Staff Applications are fully open to the public, and people are allowed to leave constructive feedback for applicants there already. Thus, there really isn't any need for community voting. Also, community voting can be pretty biased, as people may like/dislike the person which would sway their vote, not necessarily based on their skills as a staff member.
2. The application process is already very thorough and decides who is prepared to become staff. This is self explanatory I feel.
3. There's no rush in the progression process right now. Helpers don't really need to rush into being Mods, and putting a timer on that learning process adds pressure and is unhealthy. When I was a high ranked staff member elsewhere, we removed the Trial-Mod role in substitution for the Helper role to avoid this pressure. Everyone learns and grows at different paces.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I don't think adding this role would be proactive. It wouldn't necessarily be good or bad, but there's a few reasons why I wouldn't change the current staff recruitment system:
1. There's already a decent amount of community feedback when a person decides to apply for staff. Staff Applications are fully open to the public, and people are allowed to leave constructive feedback for applicants there already. Thus, there really isn't any need for community voting. Also, community voting can be pretty biased, as people may like/dislike the person which would sway their vote, not necessarily based on their skills as a staff member.
2. The application process is already very thorough and decides who is prepared to become staff. This is self explanatory I feel.
3. There's no rush in the progression process right now. Helpers don't really need to rush into being Mods, and putting a timer on that learning process adds pressure and is unhealthy. When I was a high ranked staff member elsewhere, we removed the Trial-Mod role in substitution for the Helper role to avoid this pressure. Everyone learns and grows at different paces.
I'll also add that popularity should never be a factor in the process of becoming staff, just because a particular trial mod/helper/applicant is popular does not mean they should become staff.

xDarkAssasin

Dedicated Member
VIP
xDarkAssasin
xDarkAssasin
VIP
Ratings
45 3
Ty for the reply. Its Good to know that somone care about posts.

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
From my experience Helper is a long and trivial road that helps you build up experience to become a Moderator, personally in my experience trial-mod would just be Helper in a different word and everything that Helpers worked for is only then transferred to trial-moderator where you don't get to put what you learned into effect. I know it might be a little off coming from me but I do feel there's a fair amount of staff roles and there's no need for any extra.

xDarkAssasin

Dedicated Member
VIP
xDarkAssasin
xDarkAssasin
VIP
Ratings
45 3
From my experience Helper is a long and trivial road that helps you build up experience to become a Moderator, personally in my experience trial-mod would just be Helper in a different word and everything that Helpers worked for is only then transferred to trial-moderator where you don't get to put what you learned into effect. I know it might be a little off coming from me but I do feel there's a fair amount of staff roles and there's no need for any extra.
Ty for the reply. I really appriciate every reply. Its good to know that if i do something a bit wrong somone can help me understand it and from post to post i will only get better. Ty , xDarkAssasin