A change to the bows.

Should we include an "Archer" kit in KitPVP and remove bows from Fight Kit?

• Yes.

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

softlov

VIP
Merudasu
Merudasu
VIP
Ratings
In KitPVP it isn't uncommon to find somebody who bow spams the hell out of their bow. This can be really irritating if you cannot bow boost/ender pearl or get to them easier. Many others have found this to a problem and I feel like there really are only 2 solutions. Like my previous post, SSM_GOD said that there should be more kits; there aren't many free (including black market kits) kits available to the non-ranked player. I feel, just like how SSM_GOD said, if you removed bows from the fight kit and just have an archer kit with Power 1/2 and a stack of arrows, to be claimed at maybe every 30 mins or so, this would reduce the number of bow spammers. You could also keep the bows for higher kits for mainly bow boosting as that can change whether or not you get killed by a bow spammer. Thanks to SSM_GOD for responding to my previous thread and changing my mind. /hug SSM_GOD (lmao)

IIRyanII

MVP+
IIRyanII
IIRyanII
MVP+
Ratings
Hey BroXen.

I like the idea of adding a kit archer to stop the bow spamming. It really does get annoying sometimes! However, I think 30 minutes would be quite long for the kit. It's a good suggestion though and you should put it under suggestions once you get more feedback through the poll!

softlov

VIP
Merudasu
Merudasu
VIP
Ratings
Hey thanks IIRyanII (btw this is me still) yeah I thought I did put it under suggestions, but I guess I'll do that.

GGAddictionz

VIP
GGAddictionz
GGAddictionz
VIP
I understand the frustration caused by bows in the general population and I think there could be multiple balanced solutions that could come from removing bows from kit fight. Having seen servers running your standard soup kitpvp it can get very stale. Making a bow an accessory like snowballs, rods, soups and gapples instead of a given would get rid of both the millions of arrows everyone drops when they die and the issue of people spamming the bow or just sitting back and sniping constantly. Another solution would be taking arrows out of kits completely and reinforcing the benefit of MVP and MVP+ bow infinity since they suck with punch 1 atm. There are plenty of excellent balance changes that can be made to the current meta. Making a kill give 1 xp point for example would benefit both veteran and new players as they would be able to start grinding for low level sword and armour upgrades without paying for xp bottles. And taking into consideration level 30 is 850 ish xp points it would take a while for veterans to grind that far using kills only so with the default xp level requirements it would balance out nicely.

softlov

VIP
Merudasu
Merudasu
VIP
Ratings
The only issue with reinforcing the benefit of MVP/+ bows is that it will cause it to be more p2w, which I don't think is the idea we'd want. Also, I really like the idea of getting XP when killing people, that'd be quite a decent idea. But the only thing is, you can fish for exp at the same time, so I don't think that'd be implemented.

Iliketoast246

VIP
Iliketoast246
Iliketoast246
VIP
As a bow spammer myself I 100% disagree but I do agree that it can be pretty annoying so instead of removing bows or adding an archer kit maybe just remove the bow and have it only be able to be bought from the shop.

GGAddictionz

VIP
GGAddictionz
GGAddictionz
VIP
The only issue with reinforcing the benefit of MVP/+ bows is that it will cause it to be more p2w, which I don't think is the idea we'd want.
I am neither MVP or MVP+ and i have around 20 of these bows. I constantly just drop down with a weekly sword and MVP or MVP+ bow because they are effectively worthless with the current meta. They are unreliable when bow boosting and infinity is useless at the moment because everyone drops like a million arrows when they die.
Also, I really like the idea of getting XP when killing people, that'd be quite a decent idea. But the only thing is, you can fish for exp at the same time, so I don't think that'd be implemented.
I understand that this would be an alternative for fishing but bare in mind fishing gives you an average of 2 XP (1-3) every fish and it takes roughly 10s to fish with lure 3 under direct sun or moonlight. If you can farm a kill every 5 seconds its more effective otherwise fishing is faster at gathering XP (it takes approx 70 minutes to get to level 30 from 0 via fishing). I don't know many people that can say that they get 1 kill every 5 seconds especially with people always running away. That being said I can understand the reluctance of implementing this so maybe a hard cap of XP a person can earn from kills is needed like say max level 10 or something. Alternatively they could make it a perk purchasable with mana like a kill effect or a kit that grants 1 XP per kill.
I will make a suggestion post about the XP topic with a poll to see what people think.
Edit: here is the post: https://manacube.com/threads/kills-and-experience-points.60247/

Last edited:

Tubby

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TubbNuts
TubbNuts
ELITE
Ratings
120 29
I don’t find bows a problem, I think they should be working on bigger picture things like a new proxy or server host to fix the lag. Maybe they can implement this next season!

cva135

VIP
cva135
cva135
VIP
Ratings
In KitPVP it isn't uncommon to find somebody who bow spams the hell out of their bow. This can be really irritating if you cannot bow boost/ender pearl or get to them easier. Many others have found this to a problem and I feel like there really are only 2 solutions. Like my previous post, SSM_GOD said that there should be more kits; there aren't many free (including black market kits) kits available to the non-ranked player. I feel, just like how SSM_GOD said, if you removed bows from the fight kit and just have an archer kit with Power 1/2 and a stack of arrows, to be claimed at maybe every 30 mins or so, this would reduce the number of bow spammers. You could also keep the bows for higher kits for mainly bow boosting as that can change whether or not you get killed by a bow spammer. Thanks to SSM_GOD for responding to my previous thread and changing my mind. /hug SSM_GOD (lmao)
just get better with the bow lol

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
I don’t find bows a problem, I think they should be working on bigger picture things like a new proxy or server host to fix the lag. Maybe they can implement this next season!
I agree that this is what they should be doing now, since they've been lacking for so long. But I think we should still consider other things to benefit the game.

I think kitpvp needs a complete makeover just like skyblock and survival got. This makeover should be lead by someone who actually knows the game. Perhaps if not a staff member, they can make a team of the 'big kitpvp players' to lead it.