MVP+
11inchgunclub
11inchgunclub
MVP+
Ratings
48 1
inspired by @LiLKayla
lets get this bread

Every Olympus player knows how annoying it can be to deal with lag and continuously tanking TPS. Well, I am here to help solve this problem.

1. Wait, Console errors are a thing?
Yes! Server errors are prominent when the downloaded/custom coded plugin is having slight difficulty in running certain operations or prioritising something else. However, for a server dev google is your best friend and most problems can be solved. But, using a reference from MCPH and also some knowledge about server consoles, I can suggest a few ideas. Sometimes consoles will report problems with a "SEVERE" or the equal counterpart based on whatever the host is. Sometimes this is the cause for lag spikes or what us Olympians like to call it, "rubberbanding". Some plugins are useless and occasionally interfere with other plugins, but also checking the plugins are up to date is really helpful as running on the newest plugin is optimal for reducing server lag. According to MCPH, "finding a plugin replacement for the one who causes the series of errors may help you as well". They also make references to how downloading a developer snapshot is a good way to resolve the problem. Troubleshooting isn't bad! the web is full of databases that can help.

2. Out with the old, in with the new.
Since Manacube is a large server and Olympus is a big thing on there as well, people will join a lot. and once they reach the farmer rank, voila! they have their own plot. Some users stay around for a long time and some users get their entertainment fix and leave forever. A good way to maintain the TPS is to regulate plots. This server seems like it has a lot of custom coded plugins, so why not get the devs to code something that auto deletes plots after 6 months of inactivity? If that is possible, obviously. A large portion of TPS lag comes from plots and the things on it. Some plot users in a 10 plot radius from me have not been online for months and months on end. I really struggle to see why it can't be regulated.

3. Wait, what's the player limit again?
By host, I don't mean the owner which is a common confusion. I love Dakota. By host, I mean the site or the client that is being used to host the server, whether it be MCPH or server.pro or whatever it is. Manacube is a large server and it only keeps growing. Every 30 seconds another player joins Olympus. At this rate, no-one is going to stop joining Olympus and that's wonderful. But, it also causes a LOT of lag. This is completely TPS unrelated now. I just mean pure, old-fashioned lag spikes because there are so many people that the server becomes full and a lot of people randomly time out. I know that the server devs and the admins are doing everything in their power to make the user experience as good as possible, but then again I am only suggesting ideas.

4. Ohmagawd, please add spawner stacking.
This is such a highly requested idea. Everyone on Olympus wants spawner stacking! it would really reduce lag and improve the user experience. Especially when players like winchestert, FrenzyKiller66, RoyalBubble and RazorScythe have such obnoxiously large grinders. I really feel this idea would help so much. Although building multiple grinders gives a use for multiple plots, you can always merge them and build a grinder in the sky. Also, it would negate the need for building multiple grinders all together because - like how the server devs use pig stacking, spawner stacking where 64 or 100 as the max would help compress the grinder and reduce constantly dropping TPS. On a side note, having 100 as the max for stacking per block would be really helpful for counting them up as well.

5. Someone call a pest-killer!
There are undeniably a ton of bugs on this server. Every time one gets fixed, another one pops up. It's like a never-ending conundrum! For example, some people are worried about the path of /staff. Whatever happened to that? Also, sometimes the achievements are broken. Noticeably the one where you craft a blade, the minecart one and the boat one. The optimal way of fixing this is to stop updating the version of the server and just go back to 1.12.2... It was much less laggy and it's just overall a good version to have. Sometimes the way of fixing things is to look back. As the saying goes, Old is gold.

I really hope reading this hasn't been a pain and some good points have actually come out of this. To whoever has actually read this, thank you for doing so! I really hope I haven't bored anyone! ;)

Peace.

Last edited:

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
I really appreciate how you approach series issues in a fun but also educational manner. All of these are common concerns within the Olympus community. I do agree with this post, mostly about the spawner stacking and the deletion of old plots. I would have to look into some of these issues more to form a solid opinion on them. But also, I can see why the player limit is set where it is, there are times when I'm on and there is only 30-40 others players on at the same time. It really depends on your time zone what type of experience you have on Olympus.

Lets obtain that grain.

11inchgunclub

MVP+
11inchgunclub
11inchgunclub
MVP+
Ratings
48 1
O
I really appreciate how you approach series issues in a fun but also educational manner. All of these are common concerns within the Olympus community. I do agree with this post, mostly about the spawner stacking and the deletion of old plots. I would have to look into some of these issues more to form a solid opinion on them. But also, I can see why the player limit is set where it is, there are times when I'm on and there is only 30-40 others players on at the same time. It really depends on your time zone what type of experience you have on Olympus.

Lets obtain that grain.
By the player limit i meant on the server in general. not just olympus lol, i really should have clarified.

Spxrklezz

MVP+
Spxrklezz
Spxrklezz
MVP+
Ratings
47 3
1. Wait, Console errors are a thing?
This would be resolved when manaclient is out!
This server seems like it has a lot of custom coded plugins, so why not get the devs to code something that auto deletes plots after 6 months of inactivity?
This is a great idea but perhaps make it longer? i don't know because some players might come back and if their plots are deleted that is bad
Ohmagawd, please add spawner stacking.
YES PLEASE!!!

sil

Dedicated Member
PATRON
5ouls
5ouls
Patron
Ratings
325 34
I like the plot auto delete idea. Might be beneficial.