A suggestion For the Future of Atlas and Aether (If possible)

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
Hey guys,

As you might know, there is a very big difference between the number of players on Aether. I am not very educated on if this could work but if my suggestion could I reckon it could make the player bases on both servers similar.

Atlas launched to lessen the stress on Aether as it was always full and players could never get into it. but the biggest problem with the launch was the fact that you had to start fresh on Atlas and it made you do the same things that you have done on aether taking away the fun and the point of the grind on Aether previously done.

Now Imagine if next season when Aether and Atlas S3 (If it does come) If both servers were synced up so that you could play on aether or atlas and you would have the same plot, the same bal, and the same titles, tags, etc. I can't prove that it's possible but if we had to Olympus servers with the same files that would allow people to play on either server without them being full most of the time.

I hope this is possible for it would really relieve the stress on Aether and allow both game modes to have similar player bases, but once again this is a concept and I am not 100% if this could be done.

I am open to all feedback :D if you have any opinions/ideas make sure to post them below!

Kind Regards,
Surge

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
Hey guys,

As you might know, there is a very big difference between the number of players on Aether. I am not very educated on if this could work but if my suggestion could I reckon it could make the player bases on both servers similar.

Atlas launched to lessen the stress on Aether as it was always full and players could never get into it. but the biggest problem with the launch was the fact that you had to start fresh on Atlas and it made you do the same things that you have done on aether taking away the fun and the point of the grind on Aether previously done.

Now Imagine if next season when Aether and Atlas S3 (If it does come) If both servers were synced up so that you could play on aether or atlas and you would have the same plot, the same bal, and the same titles, tags, etc. I can't prove that it's possible but if we had to Olympus servers with the same files that would allow people to play on either server without them being full most of the time.

I hope this is possible for it would really relieve the stress on Aether and allow both game modes to have similar player bases, but once again this is a concept and I am not 100% if this could be done.

I am open to all feedback :D if you have any opinions/ideas make sure to post them below!

Kind Regards,
Surge
one of the main reasons I’ve never played Atlas was the idea of starting over completely. I love this idea, I really hope it’s possible.

Jushua

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Jushua
Jushua
ELITE
Ratings
160 5
When the news that Atlas was being released, alot of people were really hesitant about playing because of starting over. Even myself was hesitant on playing. I thought that this would completely split the community in half and I wouldn’t see most of my friends. When Atlas released, it was filled with bugs, it was not ready, and did not have that feel of Aether. Now the two servers having the same files sounds interesting and all but I think it is just a concept that does not make too much sense. The player cap on the original Olympus (Aether) could of just been increased by 100 or more slots. Seeing that skyblock had gotten a player cap increase made me wonder why wouldn’t Aether get the same. It just does not make any sense. I think Atlas should just not be a thing and the original “Olympus” should be its own single thing with increased slots than any other server. When Olympus has an active number of players with alts, it is easily the biggest gamemode on Manacube (WAY larger than skyblock). I hope season 3 is around the corner because Olympus is dying off fast right now and it needs change.

RealPg

MVP+
Ratings
I have played on both Aether and Atlas for a decent amount of time. I have 175 rebirths on Aether and 200+ on Atlas while writing this. I have experienced both fairly well. Surge you said that people didn't want to restart, but it's quite the opposite actually. People wanted to restart. Olympus s1 lasted for 11 months which is way too long for prison. After about 5-6 months you are just doing the same thing over and over again. It get's really boring. That's how I felt. Which is why I started to play Atlas because I wanted that grind to restart.

Combining the two prison servers just ruins both communities. Atlas and Aether are very different. Aether is a more competitive, faster paced prison server. They have better grinders, a better source of income, less bugs and more popularity (because it's the 1st prison server)
Atlas is a slower paced, less competitive server. It almost has no competitive players if you compare it with Aether. The source of income is a lot slower. It used to be better then Aether but that was because of a minion bug (sellers were selling for 10x the amount) now this is fixed and the income is a lot slower. It does have plenty amount of bugs but that's not surprising. Every reset has a ton of bugs, because it's always rushed. I recommend this server for casual players or non-donors. It will be a lot easier for them to have fun and get a decent placement on leader boards while playing casually.

In my opinion combining the two prison servers would be a terrible idea.

RealPg

MVP+
Ratings
When the news that Atlas was being released, alot of people were really hesitant about playing because of starting over. Even myself was hesitant on playing. I thought that this would completely split the community in half and I wouldn’t see most of my friends. When Atlas released, it was filled with bugs, it was not ready, and did not have that feel of Aether. Now the two servers having the same files sounds interesting and all but I think it is just a concept that does not make too much sense. The player cap on the original Olympus (Aether) could of just been increased by 100 or more slots. Seeing that skyblock had gotten a player cap increase made me wonder why wouldn’t Aether get the same. It just does not make any sense. I think Atlas should just not be a thing and the original “Olympus” should be its own single thing with increased slots than any other server. When Olympus has an active number of players with alts, it is easily the biggest gamemode on Manacube (WAY larger than skyblock). I hope season 3 is around the corner because Olympus is dying off fast right now and it needs change.
Josh the releasement of Atlas never split the community. Instead it brought new players to Atlas. If you look at who is currently playing on Atlas, almost none of them came from Aether. They just started Atlas and never spent time on Aether.
Of course Atlas had bugs, every reset has bugs because Dacon always rushes things. Nothing is ever prepared, this is expected already. Atlas would never be like Aether because they are two different servers. Aether is faster paced, more competitive while Atlas is the complete opposite.
The reason Olympus is dying right now, especially on Aether is because the seasons last for way too long. 11 months for a reset on this type of prison server is unnecessary. After 5-6 months you are just doing the same thing over and over again, people get bored and people quit. This is why the server is dying. If it would reset every 6 months, I think it would be a lot better.

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
I have played on both Aether and Atlas for a decent amount of time. I have 175 rebirths on Aether and 200+ on Atlas while writing this. I have experienced both fairly well. Surge you said that people didn't want to restart, but it's quite the opposite actually. People wanted to restart. Olympus s1 lasted for 11 months which is way too long for prison. After about 5-6 months you are just doing the same thing over and over again. It get's really boring. That's how I felt. Which is why I started to play Atlas because I wanted that grind to restart.

Combining the two prison servers just ruins both communities. Atlas and Aether are very different. Aether is a more competitive, faster paced prison server. They have better grinders, a better source of income, less bugs and more popularity (because it's the 1st prison server)
Atlas is a slower paced, less competitive server. It almost has no competitive players if you compare it with Aether. The source of income is a lot slower. It used to be better then Aether but that was because of a minion bug (sellers were selling for 10x the amount) now this is fixed and the income is a lot slower. It does have plenty amount of bugs but that's not surprising. Every reset has a ton of bugs, because it's always rushed. I recommend this server for casual players or non-donors. It will be a lot easier for them to have fun and get a decent placement on leader boards while playing casually.

In my opinion combining the two prison servers would be a terrible idea.
I believe we can agree to disagree. I do agree that there were people who wanted to start again on Atlas but there was also a very large group of people who didn't want to restart and kept getting kicked out of Aether due to it being full most of the time. I do see agree with a lot of your points though. Thank you for commenting :)

Now I do see the merit in increasing the player slot but 100 or more however as we do not host the server neither of us can comment on what is the most cost-effective if it is cheaper to have two servers with similar amounts of ram and storage or if it is cheaper to have one server with almost maxed out ram and storage. If you know which is more cost-effective I am curious to find out also :) Thank you for commenting!