A way to improve slayer

ShayminBoi

ELITE
Sunflower_Duck
Sunflower_Duck
ELITE
Ratings
Hi all;

Whilst I know that Slayer is a server wide feature, I've had the most experience with it in Olympus; during which most of these suggestions were thought of.
I cannot speak on whether or not these would be beneficial for non olympus servers.

*I also realise that there is a suggestion channel however I thought creating a forum thread about it as well would be beneficial as it allows for other players to contribute their thoughts and own suggestions in one thread.*

I will be breaking up the suggested edits in terms of ease of doing (Ease of doing is subjective, I could be totally wrong, my coding and backend of server knowledge is somewhat limited.)

Minor/Small QOL Fixes:

1. Remove Gold swords from Z-Pigman drop pool when killed by player.
i. They dont drop when killed in mob grinders so assumably the activation for drop is on player kill.
Reason: Gold swords effectively just clog up inventory as they cannot be sold to /shop and have no real use on the server. This means that Gold sword drops are both somewhat irritating for the player as well as causing entity lag on server side as they are unstackable (I could be wrong and there might be code to prevent issues of entity lag on the server end; please let me know if I am wrong in saying this). Therefore, it seems pretty cut and dry fix to remove them from the drop pool. (I chose easy for this as its been removed from grinder drop pools for a reason, though I could be wrong and it might be a complicated fix. As well as Arrows being removed from Skeleton drop pools so it is demonstrated to be doable.)

2. Remove Bows from Skeleton drop pool when killed by a player.
i. They dont drop when killed in mob grinders so assumably the activation for drop is on player kill.
Reason: Similar to Gold sword: can't be sold to /shop, has no real use to player (although more use than gold sword as can be combined to be repaired and then enchanted at an enchant table)

Moderate QOL Fixes:

1. When trying to unlock next slayer level, without enough heads in inventory, it should tell you how many you have out of the max
Reason: It would provide players more clarity on how many skulls you need to get, Whilst some upgrades are pretty simple maths such as Creeper requiring 650, so 10 stacks and 10 skulls, others are not as simple. Such as Z-Pigmen requiring 7 stacks and 52 heads.
I believe that it would be a nice feature to have a chat notification saying you have (X)/(Required) skulls, instead of just saying not enough skulls.
(I do realise that this is a small issue, but I think it would just provide a nicer player experience and just give more visual clarity to players.)

2. Make Alternate versions of mobs not spawn from spawners.
i. Such as Baby zombie riding a chicken or Spider Jockey (Skeleton riding a spider)
Reason: Whilst it doesn't have a super large effect on grinding slayer, it can cause a couple issues for players.
a. Baby Zombies + Baby Z-Pigman riding on Chickens can cause a bit of efficiency loss in grinders as most involve dropping, which is negated by the chickens slow fall. This means that the grinder loses out on spawns due to being clogged by these mobs until they despawn.
b. Spider jockey can cause a huge amount of spam for players that are leveling up their slayer when going from Spider to Zombie, as they have not unlocked killing Skeletons yet, it fills their chat with "You are not high enough level to kill this mob". Which can be frustrating for players.

That is all the QOL Fixes that I could think of for the moment but feel free to respond with any suggestions or ideas of your own as I would love to hear them. This post will also be cross posted onto the suggestion website so feel free to upvote it there if you agree :)

Thanks for reading,
-ShayminBoi