Ability to leave messages/hints for others on parkour maps

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
I've been playing some dark souls recently. While this is mainly a singleplayer game, players can leave messages for others to read. These messages are helpful a lot of the time, and occasionally have some silly things too. This would be a cool feature, especially on longer/harder maps to encourage people to continue or make it less lonely.
1611047602246.png

An item could be bought or found in vote chests that allows a player to leave a message. The message must be short. Dark souls only allows people to create messages from a list of some pre-chosen words. I like that system more than allowing people to write anything they want, but either way works. Players can vote up a message they find, and any message that hasn't gotten any recent votes up will vanish to clear up the map. The time it takes for a message to vanish should depend on how often other messages are placed, how low the difficulty of the map is, and how long the message has existed. I'm not really sure how the messages will be represented when placed down, but maybe they can just be a couple particles popping out of the ground?