Add a time limiter to Dragon Fruit Bombs

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
As the title says, I think for next season, if dragon fruit still exists, that there should be a time limiter on them.
This would help prevent people from using them to troll others in the mines. It would also help the user make more strategic uses of the bombs to get better profits. The users' inventory wouldn't be filled as fast, so they would be more likely to sell the items and not waste them.
Generally, now, the people who use dragon fruit as intended don't use them quickly anyway. To get the best result it takes several seconds to get ready.

I propose a 5-second limit. This time might need to be adjusted, but that should be easy once the system is made.
It would work similarly to how the sva fireworks now where it says "Please wait 10s until you can use it again". Since this system is already in place for the fireworks, I think copying it for dragon fruit should be really simple.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Howdy Howdy SSM!

I have to honestly disagree with this suggestion. My main reasoning behind this is that if I ever need to force reset a mine for player or staff reasons I can just spam a few of my stashed dragon fruit to force a mine reset to happen. I think this is really beneficial and a great way for players to have a nice organized mine after a bunch of messy miners heck it up. I also think this would be an example of over staffing, but that is just me. Sometimes I think if we, the staff team and sever, consistently adding restrictions they can add up and cause more harm then good.

I think the system would be on fireworks is due to their ability to cause lag as well as being able to power elytras. This is just my assumption. I think you suggestion is well hearted and a good one but I just simply think the benefits out weigh the cons. No reason to punish everyone for the actions of a few.

Regarding those who abuse them attempting to troll people while mining, we will always take reports. With physical trolling we do not always punish right away it depends on the severity of what is happened. I am sorry if you have been a victim to people misbehaving with dragon fruit in the miens before. If you would like to make this an offical suggestion please add it to our suggestions website, here is the link for it: https://suggestions.manacube.com/

best, kayla

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
@LiLKayla
Thanks for replying, but uh...
Since season 2, when I started, I've been saying that staff should have a command to reset the mine. Even though it would only be used like, 3 times a season total lol. Maybe this should also be added for s4. It shouldn't be too hard since there is already a command that is run to reset the mine on a timer.
If you're spamming df to get the messy miners to run away, then you are mine trolling...
Not sure how this could be overstaffing? This wasn't meant to be a rule that was enforced, but a mechanic in the game.
The same reason for the time limiter on fireworks for "lag" could be said about dragon fruit. There are more particles when df explode. There are more block updates. More chunk updates. (and when using sv fireworks with elytra you get lagged back and fall. this should also be fixed for s4)

And while I do report the people who mine troll, that whole process could be minimized by adding this limiter. Saving my time, your time, and the reported players' time.

And regarding the suggestions website, no. That website should honestly be deleted at this point. Nothing said there is being taken seriously and there are many issues with it.
https://manacube.com/threads/edit-for-the-suggestions-website.60208/

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
@LiLKayla
Thanks for replying, but uh...
Since season 2, when I started, I've been saying that staff should have a command to reset the mine. Even though it would only be used like, 3 times a season total lol. Maybe this should also be added for s4. It shouldn't be too hard since there is already a command that is run to reset the mine on a timer.
If you're spamming df to get the messy miners to run away, then you are mine trolling...
Not sure how this could be overstaffing? This wasn't meant to be a rule that was enforced, but a mechanic in the game.
The same reason for the time limiter on fireworks for "lag" could be said about dragon fruit. There are more particles when df explode. There are more block updates. More chunk updates. (and when using sv fireworks with elytra you get lagged back and fall. this should also be fixed for s4)

And while I do report the people who mine troll, that whole process could be minimized by adding this limiter. Saving my time, your time, and the reported players' time.

And regarding the suggestions website, no. That website should honestly be deleted at this point. Nothing said there is being taken seriously and there are many issues with it.
https://manacube.com/threads/edit-for-the-suggestions-website.60208/

When I said use dragon fruit to deal with messy miners I was speaking about using it force reset a mine that was messy mined. Not to scary them away. Two very different things.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
I'm gonna agree. When I'm on my crappy laptop every time someone is using DFs I lag out and sometimes crash. I can imagine this happening to others as well. I would love a cooldown on DF :D

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Maybe a 1-2 second timer would be good? In-case you accidentally click multiple times and waste all your dfs. I don't think a long-timer will be necessary tbh, would be kinda annoying when you're tryna get blocks quick.

awesoness

Dedicated Member
ELITE
awesoness
awesoness
ELITE
Ratings
167 8
I personally think that there should be a small timer, I personally haven't experienced issues but clearly others have, and this for the whole Olympus server, not just me, so I think that it would help a lot for the now and future victims of mine trolling.

PapaSchwoop

ELITE
Schwooop
Schwooop
ELITE
Ratings
As the title says, I think for next season, if dragon fruit still exists, that there should be a time limiter on them.
This would help prevent people from using them to troll others in the mines. It would also help the user make more strategic uses of the bombs to get better profits. The users' inventory wouldn't be filled as fast, so they would be more likely to sell the items and not waste them.
Generally, now, the people who use dragon fruit as intended don't use them quickly anyway. To get the best result it takes several seconds to get ready.

I propose a 5-second limit. This time might need to be adjusted, but that should be easy once the system is made.
It would work similarly to how the sva fireworks now where it says "Please wait 10s until you can use it again". Since this system is already in place for the fireworks, I think copying it for dragon fruit should be really simple.
It could be a good idea but would also anger lots of players that rely on dragon fruit for selling and making money and mana

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
It could be a good idea but would also anger lots of players that rely on dragon fruit for selling and making money and mana
I disagree but see what you mean.
I'm not sure that the wait time to use another dragon fruit is something that would really affect the income of players who rely on it (if they exist lol).

Many other prison servers have mine bombs, and all of them that I've seen have a time limiter. Some are 10 seconds, some are minutes. I think since dragon fruit are pretty common that the time limiter should be low, like 2s or 5s.

PapaSchwoop

ELITE
Schwooop
Schwooop
ELITE
Ratings
I disagree but see what you mean.
I'm not sure that the wait time to use another dragon fruit is something that would really affect the income of players who rely on it (if they exist lol).

Many other prison servers have mine bombs, and all of them that I've seen have a time limiter. Some are 10 seconds, some are minutes. I think since dragon fruit are pretty common that the time limiter should be low, like 2s or 5s.
I can agree with that, people constantly dragon fruiting mines can also be very annoying

MyMixtapeOnFire

Dedicated Member
ELITE
mymixtapeonfire
mymixtapeonfire
ELITE
Ratings
143 5
Eh. I think like a 1 or 2 second timer tops if they decide to implement one, and thats just so you don't accidentally throw 2 in the same spot. Dragonfruits and messy mining are part of the game & I'll never understand people getting upset over it. Sure its a bit annoying but at the same time i'd be pretty upset if I got 48 dragonfruit from like a crate or something and could only use one every so often.