Adding mini games?

axonic

MVP+
unflexed
unflexed
MVP+
Ratings
33 2
As most of us play manacube often and for hours on end. I think it would be a wonderful idea to add more mini games like Skywars or Survival games to draw in more people. Both of these games are very popular and I feel would be a great addition to the games already present on the server.

Educator

ELITE
Educator
Educator
ELITE
Ratings
As most of us play Manacube often and for hours on end. I think it would be a wonderful idea to add more mini games like Skywars or Survival games to draw in more people. Both of these games are very popular and I feel would be a great addition to the games already present on the server.
As much as i'd love to see it, these type of minigames wouldn't really work well with the playerbase as a permanent or long-term gamemode. It would split the playerbase and after the hype dies down a little, the servers will be empty. This server has basically based it's foundations off Core gamemodes like SMP, Skyblock, Creative Parkour etc. I just don't see it being popular among players for too long.

Although saying that, i'd love to see it as a temporary event to keep things fresh. ;o

Jelly

Dedicated Member
PATRON
IceJellyIce
IceJellyIce
Patron
Ratings
110 1
We do have events, almost every Saturday @ 2pm EST (Announced on our discord), that are similar to mini-games, look out for that!

I personally don’t think having mini games on ManaCube would be a good idea. After awhile, players will get bored of the mini game and leave.

Grieks

PATRON
Grieks
Grieks
Patron
Ratings
68 2
I don't remember who but a staff member commented on a post similar to this before and said that ManaCube is more focused on community-driven game modes so that players become engaged and a part of the server so that they stay longer. Similar to what Jelly said we don't want high turnover necessarily

Chris (づ˘ ³˘)づ

Forum Expert
ELITE
luela
luela
ELITE
Ratings
186 2
A while before there actually was a SkyWars gamemode. But after lack of interest, it was closed. I really don’t think that minigames are going to be added anytime soon as there are already many servers being added at the moment, such as Factions and the Unnannounced Gamemode.