Adventure Map Times

senatvs

PATRON
Senatvs
Senatvs
Patron
Ratings
22 2
Anyone else notice theres a 5-12 second difference in the time on the clock when you actually finish an adventure in the mushroom room, and the time it announces in chat? Anyone know why this happens? Which one is more accurate to consider for PB?

Sproutified

MVP
Sproutified
Sproutified
MVP
Ratings
Well, I haven’t understood if you say it’s server lag or you waiting in the mushroom room,but either way,you can countdown your time however you’d like to,by using another software.Or maybe it’s you lagging,never gotten this before.Try going one step in front once in mushroom room.Hope this helped!

KoalaIs

ELITE
KoalaIs
KoalaIs
ELITE
Ratings
23 2
I think the time it announces in chat is better. I've always assumed (haven't ever checked) that the server saves your starting time (with a Unix timestamp or something) and subtracts it from your ending time. This is not a perfect measurement because there might be random lag spikes that make TP pads take an extra second or two, but it's the best we have.

The timer you see at the bottom of your screen shows you the time assuming that the server runs at 20 TPS, so it will be off by 5 to 10 seconds after 10 minutes. You shouldn't use this to keep your PBs because it is dependent on the server TPS.

On a side note, there seems to be some kind of correction mechanism built into the timer (it speeds up after lag spikes), but I don't really know how it works.

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
I think the time it announces in chat is better. I've always assumed (haven't ever checked) that the server saves your starting time (with a Unix timestamp or something) and subtracts it from your ending time. This is not a perfect measurement because there might be random lag spikes that make TP pads take an extra second or two, but it's the best we have.

The timer you see at the bottom of your screen shows you the time assuming that the server runs at 20 TPS, so it will be off by 5 to 10 seconds after 10 minutes. You shouldn't use this to keep your PBs because it is dependent on the server TPS.

On a side note, there seems to be some kind of correction mechanism built into the timer (it speeds up after lag spikes), but I don't really know how it works.
when hypixel went down back in june and loads of players flooded mana, you probably remember how the excess of players caused challenge mode to break, because the timer was based on TPS. Dacon said that they changed that, so i assume that the change applies to champ map times as well. Whether they really did make the change to using real time rather than tps, i dont know, because ive seen challenge mode times be bugged occasionally since, but if you want you can test it with a reliable stopwatch to see what happens.