sparkypi

MVP+
sparkypi
sparkypi
MVP+
Ratings
I keep hearing that AFK mining is not allowed, yet it is not in /rules or the rules and punishment guidelines given to staff applicants. This is made even more confusing since people constantly "afk" their spawners and cactus farms, which is apparently completely fine.

This is an especially large question in my mind because I have been to several Skyblock servers, and every single one except this one uses cobblestone and cobble generators as the main source of income and success on the server. If this server is one of the few breaking that norm, we should know about it upon joining the server. It should be in /rules for everyone to see, not just an implied rule that most people follow.

Personally, I see no difference between afk mining and afk'ing a spawner, and would like to know if this is a rule or if it's just a principle. If it is a rule, may I suggest making afk mining available to donors who bypass afk kicks?

gumleaf

ELITE
gumleaf
gumleaf
ELITE
Ratings
66 5
I think the reason they don't allow people to AFK mine is that diamond/emeralds gained from it can be used to insanely boost your /is level.

sparkypi

MVP+
sparkypi
sparkypi
MVP+
Ratings
Polaris, thank you, but I already linked the rules in my own post. It says nothing about afk mining, and I did not say that I was using auto-clicker. I simply put a stapler on my left mouse button and let it do the work - no mods required. The part about the /is level I understand, gumleaf, but if a solo island like mine is to compete with the /is top who have 30000 levels, I'm gonna need the advantage of being able to obtain that many minerals on my own, and I don't really feel like sitting at a computer holding down LMB for hours on end.

But other than that, this is a staple of Skyblock, used, allowed, and even a necessity on almost every SB server. If there is a rule against it on this specific server, which is very strange, it should be stated in /rules or /is help where everyone can see it so they don't make the mistake of breaking the rule like I did for the first few hours I played. As of now, it is unstated anywhere that I can find. If I'm searching and can't find it, then how much less likely is it that someone who's new will see it in passing? I'm starting to believe it's not even an actual rule at this point. If I'm wrong about that, there is no solid evidence so far to refute it.

Another thing before someone mentions it: In my experience, I have found no evidence that afk mining bypasses the afk kicker (I've been afk kicked several times before I learned of this rule pre-donation). If it does, please post proof here. Thank you.

PolarisStar

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
94 7
Okay, now I fully understand what you are saying. I will have to say that I am not a skyblock, but a survival person.
I presume that holding down the break block key and going afk is against the rules, as it is in survival.
So for this reason I will have an @moderator help you on this.

ntc

Forum Expert
ELITE
ntc
ntc
ELITE
Ratings
249 13
Currently it does not say in the rules that afk mining is not allowed.
I am assuming it is not allowed as there is an afk timer. If you are afk for 10 minutes you get kicked to the hub
Do not trust me on this though as I am not a staff member so I do not have the final say.

@Purple4me what's the final word?

Last edited:

ronanashmancer

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
102 2
As said multiple times. I am not a skyblock player, but, I can tell you that for afk mining in survival, it isn't that we do not allow it, but we do not allow the part of afk. Going afk is fine, but intentionally making it so the afk timer is cancelled due to something triggering it is against our policies. This will go the same with afk mining, not actually mining, and going afk is both a no no situation. We hope you understand these criteria, and hope it is understood. Thanks very much for playing on Manacube, and have a wonderful rest of your day!

sparkypi

MVP+
sparkypi
sparkypi
MVP+
Ratings
So VIP+ would technically be able to afk mine legally, then, since they currently bypass afk kicks on Skyblock?

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
what if its not a auto clicker, you can just simply tape your mouse down
The problem with taping your mouse down, is that if a staff sees you and you are unreactive to them, it will be assumed you are using an autoclicker therefore resulting in a ban.

ntc

Forum Expert
ELITE
ntc
ntc
ELITE
Ratings
249 13
The problem with taping your mouse down, is that if a staff sees you and you are unreactive to them, it will be assumed you are using an autoclicker therefore resulting in a ban.
If you tape down your left click and you dig all the blocks out in front of you until you cannot reach anymore you stop hitting even though it is held down.
If you have an autoclicker you continue hitting when there are no blocks in front of you.

Just tp people that are afking mining onto a block with no blocks in front of them and see if they continue hitting or not.

sparkypi

MVP+
sparkypi
sparkypi
MVP+
Ratings
If just knowing if they're using auto-clicker is the problem, I believe there are some good anti auto-clicker plugins you can use such as this one. Not saying this one is the one or if anti auto-clickers are the way to go, but it shows they're out there. If it works properly, then it should take out those with auto-clickers and leave those with something holding their mouse down. If it doesn't work properly, it'll kick anybody afk mining, but that's fine too, I guess. There's also always the chance it'll randomly kick people, but that's a possibility with many plugins. This way you don't have to go checking anyone who's afk to see what they're up to. If you find a good anti auto-clicker, I'd be happy to test it out by just sitting in an open area with my stapler on my mouse for 15 mins to an hour. I don't have an auto-clicker, though, so I can't help with that. I can only test if it'll kick anybody afk mining.

Ratings
I don't believe it is, I mean if you tape your mouse it's not considered an auto clicker. But that's my opinion it might be against the rules

Rainbow_firefly

Dedicated Member
Ratings
211 11