An idea on how to partially fix Parkour chat

Ratings
I don't know if this has been said before, but I think to try and stop the immense amount of chaos (politics, racism, homophobia, etc.) from Parkour chat, Noob rank shouldn't be able to chat, or at least have a very high chat cooldown. I think this would kind of stop the influx of random players jumping inside and saying offensive things, as I really only ever see those players send 1 or 2 messages then completely disappear. This way, you'd have to be invested and active in the server before you could really send that much.

This could also be a temporary change, as the current state of Parkour chat is probably due to things like quarantine and election day.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I don't see this as being very fair. This just seems bias towards lower ranks. Plenty of noob rank people are friendly and don't do that stuff.

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
343 38
This topic has for sure come up and we've discussed it quite a bit. I can't share plans because that's confidential until release but we're for sure looking into it, no worries. Thanks for the ideas. Personally I would like to see a cooldown on low rank chat messages. Many players just join to troll and it makes our job a lot harder than it has to be

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
The thing is, people who prestige...

Cursiver

VIP
Cursiver
Cursiver
VIP
Ratings
41 14
The stans are cute :) though :(

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Gonna confirm, there is a slowmode being worked on.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
Yep agree. I want there to be a cooldown. There’s only so much we can do as staff :( Newer players should be able to chat tho maybe with some restriction though to prevent troll/bot chatters

Babalee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Babalee
Babalee
ELITE
Ratings
90 4
I think a cooldown would be a good idea. I feel like at least once a day a bunch of people start talking about things that don't need to be talked about, and it just makes you not want to be there. But what rank would you have to be to bypass the cooldown?

Ratings
I think a cooldown would be a good idea. I feel like at least once a day a bunch of people start talking about things that don't need to be talked about, and it just makes you not want to be there. But what rank would you have to be to bypass the cooldown?
The cooldown could gradually decrease the higher rank you get. To completely bypass the cooldown, I'd say Good rank.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
The cooldown could gradually decrease the higher rank you get. To completely bypass the cooldown, I'd say Good rank.
That's a good idea. What about the prestiges?

Ratings
16 2
i agree with what isaacyoshimario was saying. I think that skilled rank and below should have some sort of cooldown, like 5 seconds for noob, 2 seconds for good, etc. because most of the chat issues come from skilled or below

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
a slowmode was added.