An (Unfinished) Overhaul to Hades Underworld.

Simply

PATRON
Simplly
Simplly
Patron
Ratings
112 7
This whole post has been hastily put together, so don't expect the quality to be anything special.

For awhile I wanted to basically remake the entirety of Hades Underworld, but I lost motivation. I had some pretty cool plans, such as new mobs, existing mob reworks, new items and features, and in general just a complete overhaul.

With the announcement of Season 5 coming within this next week, I figured I might as well just dump this here since I've been holding onto it for so long, with nothing being done.

SS Dump:

Soul Helmet
Screenshot_44.png
1634085177974.png

Bounty Board (nice way to influence more pvp)
1634085489409.png

Basic Magma Info + Quickwarp so you don't have to manually run to each biome
1634085549212.png

Unfinished Outpost where you would be able to sell magma & buy unique items from the Magma Merchant, such as leg drop multipliers, soul multipliers, and maybe some other fancy items/weapons.

work in progress mage

Ashen Isles + Skeleton Hound

1634086569111.png

Obsidian Golem (Miniboss) | Would spawn on an event timer, probably once or twice a day, guaranteed special leg drop, stronger and slightly larger version of Lava Golem.
1634086817841.png

Unfinished Hades UI
1634087465614.png

Warped Wilds or something idk im not good with names (Combination of Layers 2 + 3)

Burning Lands (Layer 1)

Never got to finish the 4th biome, you can see it on the unfinished UI for Hades shown above, but it would consist of Dragons and perhaps some other very dangerous monsters that would actually pose a threat to all players, full SVA Implants III or not.

Anyways, that's about it. Wish I had motivation to finish it all and add everything I had planned. Hope Season 5 is impressive though.

And I'm not sure if I can get in trouble for reusing ManaLab assets without permission, but this has been entirely a personal project for the fun of it, and I take no credibility for the creation of anything seen in this post. I simply reused assets from ManaCube and put them together in better ways. I own nothing.

Thank you to everyone who gave feedback along the way while this was being worked on, I appreciate it :)

Rodii

PATRON+
Rodii
Rodii
Patron+
Ratings
7 6
Overall love your remake of the Hades underworld but I'd like to give feedback on 2 things.

With the state pvp is currently at, adding a helmet like the soul helmet will only make pvp more unbalanced. Currently as you are aware too, the implants enchantment is still not balanced and still causes difficulties when trying to kill someone who is using it. By adding a helmet that gives thorns 3 and perm absorption 2 is only gonna make players more unkillable due to the regen from implants, extra hearts from absorption and the thorns. Furthermore, if there is no void for the hades underworld, that's going to eliminate pretty much the only way to kill someone that has decent gear and by adding soul helmets will only worsen pvp.

Secondly, I don't really see how a bounty board will work. Yes it will encourage more players to pvp but it will ultimately end with the top players killing those weaker. I can only see this board as a way for top players to gain a high bounty for themselves and then letting their friends kill them to get the reward and then split it between each other. Although I love the idea, I can only see this as a way for top players to boost and get free mana or whatever the reward is.

But yeah as i said love the remake and hope most of these stuff do get implemented for next season!

Simply

PATRON
Simplly
Simplly
Patron
Ratings
112 7
Overall love your remake of the Hades underworld but I'd like to give feedback on 2 things.

With the state pvp is currently at, adding a helmet like the soul helmet will only make pvp more unbalanced. Currently as you are aware too, the implants enchantment is still not balanced and still causes difficulties when trying to kill someone who is using it. By adding a helmet that gives thorns 3 and perm absorption 2 is only gonna make players more unkillable due to the regen from implants, extra hearts from absorption and the thorns. Furthermore, if there is no void for the hades underworld, that's going to eliminate pretty much the only way to kill someone that has decent gear and by adding soul helmets will only worsen pvp.

Secondly, I don't really see how a bounty board will work. Yes it will encourage more players to pvp but it will ultimately end with the top players killing those weaker. I can only see this board as a way for top players to gain a high bounty for themselves and then letting their friends kill them to get the reward and then split it between each other. Although I love the idea, I can only see this as a way for top players to boost and get free mana or whatever the reward is.

But yeah as i said love the remake and hope most of these stuff do get implemented for next season!
yeah, i can't stand the way pvp is right now with hit reg being such an issue, along with players being nearly unkillable. I would much prefer 1.8 pvp along with a heavy implants nerf, but most likely 1.8 pvp isn't coming back. Though, an implants nerf seems very likely to come given how common full unbreakable armor is becoming.

As for the bounty board I did consider that at one point, but I didn't want to scrap the idea completely, maybe there would be a way to counter that sort of behavior, even if it's changing/removing the reward completely

Rodii

PATRON+
Rodii
Rodii
Patron+
Ratings
7 6
yeah, i can't stand the way pvp is right now with hit reg being such an issue, along with players being nearly unkillable. I would much prefer 1.8 pvp along with a heavy implants nerf, but most likely 1.8 pvp isn't coming back. Though, an implants nerf seems very likely to come given how common full unbreakable armor is becoming.

As for the bounty board I did consider that at one point, but I didn't want to scrap the idea completely, maybe there would be a way to counter that sort of behavior, even if it's changing/removing the reward completely
Not sure if there would ever be a way to counter that sort of behaviour tbh. Removing or changing the rewards to the point where it won't be rewarding won't give players incentive to pvp but then if the rewards are rewarding idk how it would be dealt with so players don't boost. But if there is a way then yea sounds like a great idea.

As for the helmet, I still think some enchants like thorns 3 and especially absorption 2 is quite op for an item thats not even an sva. I can for sure see an item like this being in a crate but as a reward from hades, it seems a little too op. If we get another nerf on implants then this item won't be as op but that's assuming a nerf does take place, if it doesn't, it's just gonna cause pvp to be more unbalanced. I think by replacing absorption 2 with an effect that's going to have less of an impact on pvp would make more sense with the state pvp is currently at and remove thorns 3 cause thorns is just annoying when pvping xD. But yeah other than that the enchants are perfectly fine and love the idea of the 2x soul multiplier effect.

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
343 38
Round of applause for the effort put into this. Have to agree with Rodii on the issues brought up but I think the quality of everything presented is outstanding. I'll make sure this gets seen and hopefully commented on.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I’m honestly mind-blown, this is insanely good!! The detail put into this is nothing short of extraordinary. I strongly think you should have entered this in the showcase sub-forum. Genuinely, I don’t think I can pick one single favourite aspect of this post.

I absolutely love the UI, and the skeletal hounds?? Somehow - still adorable. And seriously, what has a girl got to do to get her hands on that soul helmet?!

My one and only criticism, as an arachnophobe … was keeping the Styx necessary o_O

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can do ./warp and then the level you want to go to. However, the command is disabled when combat tagged.
I think that there would still be an incentive for players to go to hades if not to mine magma to complete a few of the rebirth challenges such as the mob kills one. I don't know if bosses were ever properly released on here, if not I feel it should definitely be included in season 5. A lot of people mentioned implants, but I don't know if anyone really mentioned overload- sure extra hearts aren't very useful if you can't regen them but it still gives you a slight advantage if you have more HP than the other player. I like the idea of the bounty board- would mobkills still be kept as a trackable leaderboard stat? Assuming payouts will be removed, but either way, some players might want to compete for it anyways.

gay

Dedicated Member
PATRON
ooggay
ooggay
Patron
Ratings
130 5
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can do ./warp and then the level you want to go to. However, the command is disabled when combat tagged.
I think that there would still be an incentive for players to go to hades if not to mine magma to complete a few of the rebirth challenges such as the mob kills one. I don't know if bosses were ever properly released on here, if not I feel it should definitely be included in season 5. A lot of people mentioned implants, but I don't know if anyone really mentioned overload- sure extra hearts aren't very useful if you can't regen them but it still gives you a slight advantage if you have more HP than the other player. I like the idea of the bounty board- would mobkills still be kept as a trackable leaderboard stat? Assuming payouts will be removed, but either way, some players might want to compete for it anyways.
what?

gay

Dedicated Member
PATRON
ooggay
ooggay
Patron
Ratings
130 5
what does this have to do with anything?

I think that there would still be an incentive for players to go to hades if not to mine magma to complete a few of the rebirth challenges such as the mob kills one.
this season proves this wrong, no one is gonna go in hades if everyone already done all their rebirths and olympus doesnt get new players.

A lot of people mentioned implants, but I don't know if anyone really mentioned overload- sure extra hearts aren't very useful if you can't regen them but it still gives you a slight advantage if you have more HP than the other player.
overload isnt a problem unless implants gets nerfed. with implants you regain health instantly, literally.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
what does this have to do with anything?

this season proves this wrong, no one is gonna go in hades if everyone already done all their rebirths and olympus doesnt get new players.

overload isnt a problem unless implants gets nerfed. with implants you regain health instantly, literally.
1. I believe simply was referring to the lack of a quick warp to the different isles, but I might be wrong...
2. that's true, at the same time I don't think anyone will go in hades if they just keep getting jumped, we all know how this will end... people will complain about getting murdered and start spamming chat lmao.
3. perhaps, but wouldn't it make sense to give both of them a nerf?

Simply

PATRON
Simplly
Simplly
Patron
Ratings
112 7
1. I believe simply was referring to the lack of a quick warp to the different isles, but I might be wrong...
2. that's true, at the same time I don't think anyone will go in hades if they just keep getting jumped, we all know how this will end... people will complain about getting murdered and start spamming chat lmao.
3. perhaps, but wouldn't it make sense to give both of them a nerf?
1. i was referring to how it's incredibly easy for players to warp around hades, it needs to be hard nerfed
2. hades deserves to be a high risk, high reward. there needs to be more things players would want to go there for. i believe it worked well in season 3 and could work even better if the right conditions were met
3. i don't think overload needs a nerf, i've never even seen it as a problem