4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
I've been trying to this parkour map that has a couple neo jumps, but they're really frustrating to do. Right now I can do single neo jumps about 1 in 8 times, and I've only done a double neo jump once ever. Do you have any tips of what to do? Thanks!

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
When I saw the title of the thread, my immediate thought was "do the jump" so I don't think I'd be descriptive enough xD
I just try not to bump the block I'm jumping around, if that helps at all :p

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
What I like to do is hug the wall of the neo and shift to the edge of the block and then I would simply jam. Jamming is when you press your sprint key and the space bar at the same time. In this case, w + ctrl + space bar.
But this technique only really works in 1.8.9 and for z facing neos. You can check the facing of a jump by pressing f3!
For x facing neos on the other hand, it would be best to also hug the wall and shift to the edge of the block, but then go back a few times so that you are not too close to the wall, and then jam once again.

For versions other than 1.8.9, I would go in the middle and shift to the edge and then I would jam and turn my mouse. The only thing that stays the same for doing neos is jamming. Rember, practice makes perfect!! Goodluck :D

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
remember to strafe! ;) That's how I do my neos. Works 90% of the time! (for me anyway)
I usually jump to the right and strafe left. This is as my sprit key is 'f' can't really strafe to the right xD
---
Shift to the edge, until you can slightly see the side of the block. Then jump and strafe! Don't spin your mouse a lot, try to keep it still and only move it slightly.
---
hope this helps you! If you would like a video, pm me on discord -kxequeen#2965-
-kxe :D

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Jamming is when you press your sprint key and the space bar at the same time. In this case, w + ctrl + space bar.
This explanation was really usefulQ But I have one question, what do you have your ctrl button bound to? Is it bound as your sprint key?

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
This explanation was really usefulQ But I have one question, what do you have your ctrl button bound to? Is it bound as your sprint key?
Thank you! I hope the things I said can be helpful. I personally use my sprint key as ctrl. Most people use z or q or other keys, but I just use ctrl and w.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Thank you! I hope the things I said can be helpful. I personally use my sprint key as ctrl. Most people use z or q or other keys, but I just use ctrl and w.
what finger do you use to press ctrl? Wouldn't that be very uncomfortable?

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
what finger do you use to press ctrl? Wouldn't that be very uncomfortable?
I use my pinky finger for ctrl. What key did you set sprint to?

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
I use my pinky finger for ctrl. What key did you set sprint to?
I use 'f' and use my index finger. How do you hit ctrl with your pinky? Isn't ctrl below the 'w' key?

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
I use 'f' and use my index finger. How do you hit ctrl with your pinky? Isn't ctrl below the 'w' key?
Well I don't really know lol. I used to press the shift key with my thumb! xD
But now I also use my pinky finger. I have to move my whole hand though so I can hit ctrl, but not when I hit shift.
And why did you set the sprint key to f? Shouldn't it be a key close to w for easier access?

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Well I don't really know lol. I used to press the shift key with my thumb! xD
But now I also use my pinky finger. I have to move my whole hand though so I can hit ctrl, but not when I hit shift.
And why did you set the sprint key to f? Shouldn't it be a key close to w for easier access?
I usually press 'w' with my middle finger and 'f' with my index and it feels pretty comfortable and only about 2 keys away from each other so I haven't changed it since.
I actually took this from a Youtuber I used to watch but I don't really watch them anymore.