Appealing For an Unban

Ratings
Hiya,

I got banned on Manacube server for 6 days, I followed to the link to imgur]a /NY3XsYf that was given.

I and my friend I found a base that was unclaimed, so we took what we needed. I thought that is what you do in survival in unclaimed bases? What I am trying to say is yes we raided the base, but many people have done that on the survival server? I have seen users talking about it in chat and telling their parties they round a base to raid?

So I do not understand why I was banned for this action when most players have been doing so?

So my appeal for being unbanned is that of the following above, I thought it was the way of the survival server, we came across the base via a boat, from there we took turns tping back to base and back to one another. If you're not allowed to raid on the survival server please tell me so, so I can prevent within the future, if I get the coordinates for the place I will travel back with my friends and return such items.

I only just joined the server a few days ago and finally found a good one, so I wish to be unbanned so I can continue playing with my friends on the server. I see no harm in raiding a base when others on the survival server have been doing so too, so I hope you can understand my confusion.

Many Thanks
FizzBlue.

Attachments

Last edited:

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
That's tough.

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
All alright love <3

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
ALSO important to note that if you want to see your appeal's status you must ask staff for the link. (For some reason you don't get notifications when staff respond)

Ratings
ALSO important to note that if you want to see your appeal's status you must ask staff for the link. (For some reason you don't get notifications when staff respond)
Oh, alright! I don't know any staff to get the appeal link I posted

Ratings
This topic then begs the question:
*what* exactly *IS* proper etiquette concerning unclaimed resources?
when I'm /wild and I see a heavily trashed camp, and I use /inspect, I discover it's been 3000+ hours (!!) since someone placed or removed a block or a chest item... I would think that's fair game, no?
I would think that that would be considered Harvesting, not Griefing, or theft.
Also, what is the activity timeline? How long does one need be inactive for their claim to expire?
Is it then acceptible for one to claim an unclaimed base already built up with resources?

These are basic questions I'm sure every newbie is eager to understand (as am I, being rather new here too :p ).

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
This topic then begs the question:
*what* exactly *IS* proper etiquette concerning unclaimed resources?
when I'm /wild and I see a heavily trashed camp, and I use /inspect, I discover it's been 3000+ hours (!!) since someone placed or removed a block or a chest item... I would think that's fair game, no?
I would think that that would be considered Harvesting, not Griefing, or theft.
Also, what is the activity timeline? How long does one need be inactive for their claim to expire?
Is it then acceptible for one to claim an unclaimed base already built up with resources?

These are basic questions I'm sure every newbie is eager to understand (as am I, being rather new here too :p ).
Yes it is acceptable. It takes 60 days since the last member of a party is active the party will disband. At that point anything and everything that was once claimed is fair game and that includes claiming it for yourself. Also welcome to the forums I hope you get to learn heaps more about Mana's best game mode!

- Raptor

ctrless

Dedicated Member
ELITE
gorekiss
gorekiss
ELITE
Ratings
185 12
As Raptor said above, the 60 day inactivity period disbands the party and removes their claims making it completely fair game. But some parties don't set up their permissions correctly, leaving anyone to break/steal from their claims which is NOT allowed. We try our best to help these players fix these, but we can't get to all of them. :eek:

Welcome to the forums as well! Glad to see you here and asking questions. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask here or you can shoot me a message on here or discord. :D

Madison

Ratings
Thanks for the informative response! :D

...some parties don't set up their permissions correctly, leaving anyone to break/steal from their claims which is NOT allowed.
I've also stumbled across one or two claimed builds that were overlapped slightly on an unclaimed chunk, leaving chests and furnaces vulnerable.
Neat trivia I discovered; if a double chest is half on a claimed chunk, and and half on an unclaimed chunk, the ENTIRE contents are accessible from the unprotected side! WATCH YOUR BUILDS!! :p

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Thanks for the informative response! :D

I've also stumbled across one or two claimed builds that were overlapped slightly on an unclaimed chunk, leaving chests and furnaces vulnerable.
Neat trivia I discovered; if a double chest is half on a claimed chunk, and and half on an unclaimed chunk, the ENTIRE contents are accessible from the unprotected side! WATCH YOUR BUILDS!! :p
Just to add to this you can't border claim (claiming right next to the claim and also I'm not 100% sure but anything that is claimed is better left alone as you can be banned for theft although that is a very interesting grey area. I think a chest being half claimed means that you should take from it but like I said I'm not certain on that maybe @ctrless can tell us?

- Raptor

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I feel like if it was unclaimed and abandoned it should be fair game to raid. Thats just me. Now ima listen to lil nas x sing about his sandwich again bye.

Ratings
Hi, I am back on the server now.

I noticed they took the stuff back, however they took stuff that I didn't take? That counts as stealing right? I am not sure what command to use to see transactions and stuff, but they had taken things I never took, e.g I had coal already like maybe a stack or so I earned myself and they took it all. As well as other things.