First Name
Nicolas

Country or Timezone
vancouver (PST)

Discord username
ssChicken#3274

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
I want to become staff because I love the people on manacube they're like a second family for me. I want to make the experience the new player and the old player the best I can. I love helping people out by example from the age of 12-17 I work myself to help people that needed help by doing charity work every 2 weekends I would go outside of a grocery store and ask people to help or organize event for hours and I even donated my own money to try to give other kids that don't have money or sick a chance of life and the experience of exploring the world or have fun (if you want to know the charity Dm me on discord). now I want to help the people that gave me a place to play and have fun.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
i played manacube for around 7 month (played island for 230h) and play skyblock for 900h

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
i will dedicate 15-20 h a week to the in game and for the discord and forum i will dedicate 8-10 h a week

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
Knowledge:I know all the rule, I have read multiple times . after that with all my time on islands and skyblock I have gain a lot of knowledge to help the people with the commands (/msg,/pay,/cubit pay,/tf, and more) or by example the nether is disable on Skyblock and the best way to get lava bucket is with /kit starter that give 1 lava bucket or you can right click a obsidian block with a bucket in you're hand.
Maturity: my maturity is not perfect but i can tell you when things become serious i will focus and stop all jokes and become serious and concentrate and finish the task ahead.
Social: I’m a guy that is easy to talk to. What I mean by that is when someone disagrees with me, I will try to understand his/her point to point of view before making a decision or saying I’m right. I love talking on the manacube discord just go ask how people are doing or try to help people.
Leadership: as a leader, you need to be able to make the right decision and explain your decision and why you took that decision. To make understand them what the goal (to make the server a better place for everyone). I created a family (clan) on Aztec and the purpose of that family was to reward the people I saw in chat that was nice to make everyone help each other and be nice with one another. I would scout them out for 2 days and try to bring them into the big family. Patience: I can explain something to someone that doesn’t understand, I will go into more detail and explain every little thing to get him/her to understand better.
Adaptability: The ability to pivot between assignment and carry out multiple tasks to work long or to work on a Project with even with people.
Positive attitude: I am always happy. I always see the better of things. Willingness to learn: no matter my age I’m always down to learn a new skill or technique.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
I know how to work under pressure: I work in a kitchen where there was a lot of stress and in those situations, you need to be calm and you need to concentrate on the task ahead.
I know how to deal with young and old people: I have in a summer camp where I had 11 kids to take care of and to prepare something that all of them would enjoy.
I always put others before me: what I mean by putting people before me is I never talk about myself and I will try to help the people that need help by example people that are not feeling good like a depression or something like a breakup or a bad day I will have a private conversation with them and I will try to make them feel better.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
Cheerful: I’m always happy and I try to bring joy to everyone I see. I see the positive in people and try to bring out the best in people.
Helpful and generous: when I see a new player come to islands I say welcome and I ask him/her if she/him need help with understanding the gamemode or if they have any question and tell him/her that if she has question in the future to ask me and I will be happy to answer with the best of my knowledge. Like I said before I created my clan on skyblock and now I have created a new groupe of friends and I started to buy some of them ranks and gave the people with no rank or VIP tf (time fly) so they would an easier time to build or to help the other members of island or the gamemode.
Patient and understanding: like I said I work with kids and it took a lot of patients because kids would get angry or sad and I needed to understand why they’re mad or sad and I got a lot of reasons (didn’t want their parents to go, other kids were being mean to them, didn’t like the game that I choose or the kids voted for, etc) and you need to put yourself in their shoe meaning putting yourself in their place to understand how it feels.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
I believe the role of a being staff is to make the server a place where everyone can enjoy playing the gamemode . And to make that happen the staff are there to warn the people that don't follow rule and they also have to help the people with questions about the server. The last thing is to set a example for other players.

Are you able to use recording software?
yes i'm using nvidia and if you have one better i will be willing to use it

Anything else we should know?
First thing first I want to apologies for the mistakes. I just want to let you know that I’m dyslexic (this word means I have trouble reading, that I mix up the letter in a word and then that means I read a different word) and Dysorthographia (this word means that I have trouble to write). I’m bilingual my first language is French for Canada (Quebec) and my second language is English. I am very active in the manacube discord (level 42). one of the I didn’t mention this on any off the question, but I would help the server by helping the people and enforce the rules and record any evidence against a hacker, chat spammer, someone dodging the chat filter.
thanks for reading my staff application.
Have a great days

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

You are aware that if you are accepted, you will be required to use a microphone for some sections of staff training to talk with the senior staff member leading your initial and future training sessions:
Yes

Chally

Ratings
23 3
+1
Your application is detailed and outstands from the rest of the applications.
You're always helpful and respectful to people. You help people when they need it/ask for it. You would make a great staff member, keep up the good work and let's hope you get promoted :)

- Chally

Last edited:

Sonic_Raptor

MVP+
MVP
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
MVP+
Ratings
382 11
Yes, Yes, Yes
@AT0MICCHIk3N is kind, considerate and is a stand out player within the Manacube community. He is active, helpful in chat and kind to all. Genuinely needs to be considered for staff, Islands is often screaming out for staff other then Gapplegal and Self. Chicken was and is the player for this he knows the gamemode better then any other and is kind and respected by the player base. My only advice and it's advice to any and all staff applications is to make sure you continue to help in chat I see too many Mods who become staff and never help in chat anymore.
Best of luck Chicken!!!
- Raptor

TheRealAzzA

ELITE
MVP+
MVP
TheRealAzzA
TheRealAzzA
ELITE
Ratings
Hello,
I feel like since I've had over 2000 hours over Season 4 and Season 5 of Islands that I'd be alright to comment on this application.

I didn't know Chicken before he came to Islands in the new season just over a month ago. Since then I've seen him be the center of a lot of arguments and problems on the server and I have witnessed the way he has dealt with them by being immature, arrogant and his behavior generally being very big-headed.

Everyone is saying that he is a very helpful individual and knows Islands very well and I've been sitting here genuinely thinking about when I have seen him in the Islands chat helping someone else and I can't think of a single time. He only has 1 month of experience on Islands so I would have to disagree that he does know Islands better than anyone else, he is probably one of the people that knows Islands and the community (that it has recently been losing because of players like himself) the least considering how I've seen him behave in the Islands chat and towards other players since he joined in the new season.

I would hope that after GreenPestoPastas application got denied that this application would too considering how much more experience on Islands she has, is known by the players of Islands and is more known for helping people.

I'm posting this to show my experience of being part of the Islands community and it's players for 5 months and having built up 2000+ hours in that time which have generally not been afk but this season talking in party chat instead because of the toxicity that has come with the new players like Chicken and not wanting to get caught up in it. I did not write this to be rude or to start any arguments, it is just what I have seen in the time I have been a part of Islands and the experiences I have had with Chicken since he started playing Islands a month ago.

Because of this, I'm going to have to give a -1 to this application.

AzzA

Last edited:

Sonic_Raptor

MVP+
MVP
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
MVP+
Ratings
382 11
Hello,
I feel like since I've had over 2000 hours over Season 4 and Season 5 of Islands that I'd be alright to comment on this application.

I didn't know Chicken before he came to Islands in the new season just over a month ago. Since then I've seen him be the center of a lot of arguments and problems on the server and I have witnessed the way he has dealt with them by being immature, arrogant and his behavior generally being very big-headed.

Everyone is saying that he is a very helpful individual and knows Islands very well and I've been sitting here genuinely thinking about when I have seen him in the Islands chat helping someone else and I can't think of a single time. He only has 1 month of experience on Islands so I would have to disagree that he does know Islands better than anyone else, he is probably one of the people that knows Islands and the community (that it has recently been losing because of players like himself) the least considering how I've seen him behave in the Islands chat and towards other players since he joined in the new season.

I would hope that after GreenPestoPastas application got denied that this application would too considering how much more experience on Islands she has, is known by the players of Islands and is more known for helping people.

I'm posting this to show my experience of being part of the Islands community and it's players for 5 months and having built up 2000+ hours in that time which have generally not been afk but this season talking in party chat instead because of the toxicity that has come with the new players like Chicken and not wanting to get caught up in it. I did not write this to be rude or to start any arguments, it is just what I have seen in the time I have been a part of Islands and the experiences I have had with Chicken since he started playing Islands a month ago.

Because of this, I'm going to have to give a -1 to this application.

AzzA
I'm not disagreeing nor making a judgement but are you trying to say Chicken is responsible for the toxicity of other players on Skyblock? I think the bump in player base is great for islands and needs new staff to help police the chat and help out.

TheRealAzzA

ELITE
MVP+
MVP
TheRealAzzA
TheRealAzzA
ELITE
Ratings
I'm not disagreeing nor making a judgment but are you trying to say Chicken is responsible for the toxicity of other players on Skyblock? I think the bump in the player base is great for islands and needs new staff to help police the chat and help out.
Hello Sonic_Raptor,

I don't know if you mean Skyblock or Islands. I would say Chicken is partly to blame for the toxicity that has come to islands along with other players that have started because of the new season. I don't know anything about the toxicity on Skyblock or how Chicken acts on there.

I agree that the bump in players on Islands has in some ways been good for Manacube but not for the Islands community which has been torn to pieces as a result.

An example of the toxic behavior that Chicken has brought to Islands would be when he tried to boost one of his alts to being in one of the top 3 island level positions along with his main account so that he could claim the $100 winnings as well as have the $75 for coming in second place. Thankfully a rule was released to stop people from being greedy and doing this. For me it's not all about the winnings it's about the Islands community, all of us playing Minecraft, helping each other out and having fun. Ever since he has joined Islands, I've only ever seen Chicken be competitive and not care about the Islands community. We lost a lot of long-standing, well-known members because of this type of behavior that was brought to Islands.

I just want to say that I didn't bring that up to start any trouble or for an argument about what happened with that situation, I am purely using it as an example as to why I feel that Chicken isn't ready to be brought on as a staff member.

AzzA

Sonic_Raptor

MVP+
MVP
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
MVP+
Ratings
382 11
Hello Sonic_Raptor,

I don't know if you mean Skyblock or Islands. I would say Chicken is partly to blame for the toxicity that has come to islands along with other players that have started because of the new season. I don't know anything about the toxicity on Skyblock or how Chicken acts on there.

I agree that the bump in players on Islands has in some ways been good for Manacube but not for the Islands community which has been torn to pieces as a result.

An example of the toxic behavior that Chicken has brought to Islands would be when he tried to boost one of his alts to being in one of the top 3 island level positions along with his main account so that he could claim the $100 winnings as well as have the $75 for coming in second place. Thankfully a rule was released to stop people from being greedy and doing this. For me it's not all about the winnings it's about the Islands community, all of us playing Minecraft, helping each other out and having fun. Ever since he has joined Islands, I've only ever seen Chicken be competitive and not care about the Islands community. We lost a lot of long-standing, well-known members because of this type of behavior that was brought to Islands.

I just want to say that I didn't bring that up to start any trouble or for an argument about what happened with that situation, I am purely using it as an example as to why I feel that Chicken isn't ready to be brought on as a staff member.

AzzA
I totally understand what your are saying and would feel much the same if 100 more players started playing Islands. However I respectfully disagree with that assessment of Chicken. I believe the rule you're referencing is boosting islands by outside help? Also I whilst I am not as well versed of the islands community but I think its still unfair to characterise chicken for the behaviour of others. I also think categorising the ambition of someone's love for the game and a chance to get something out wholly unfair. There is payouts now change was coming. However I empathise with you. I think if we are to discuss this further lets do this in discord dm's, my discord is Sonic_Raptor#4349

I'll say one last thing and that I empathise with you about the community as I played roughly 10 hours last season and I observed the wonderful community you guys had. However I think it unfair to lump in Chicken with others for their behaviour or how you perceive it.

- Raptor

TheRealAzzA

ELITE
MVP+
MVP
TheRealAzzA
TheRealAzzA
ELITE
Ratings
Hello Sonic_Raptor,

In your initial reply to me, you said "I'm not disagreeing nor making a judgement" but in this latest comment, it seems that you are. I'm entitled to post a comment explaining why I feel that he is not ready to be part of the staff on Islands just like you were entitled to post a supportive comment explaining how you feel that he is.

I think it's okay that we have different opinions and I feel that we don't need to discuss it further, especially in private over discord DMs.

I'm glad that you were able to see what a great community we had last season which is why I would love to see more community focused players as staff instead.

AzzA

Sonic_Raptor

MVP+
MVP
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
MVP+
Ratings
382 11
Hello Sonic_Raptor,

In your initial reply to me, you said "I'm not disagreeing nor making a judgement" but in this latest comment, it seems that you are. I'm entitled to post a comment explaining why I feel that he is not ready to be part of the staff on Islands just like you were entitled to post a supportive comment explaining how you feel that he is.

I think it's okay that we have different opinions and I feel that we don't need to discuss it further, especially in private over discord DMs.

I'm glad that you were able to see what a great community we had last season which is why I would love to see more community focused players as staff instead.

AzzA
Of course you are sorry if I obstructed it anyway was not my intention nor what I wanted to convey.

oof_itschey

Ratings
14 5
Nobody should be denied by his past, you have to focus on the present. The past has happened, it's how he behaves now.
I agree, how i know chicken the past month he helped me with a lot of things like with my spawners and witb my house, i always knew him like a nice person, bans are past why getting it up here now? I agree with chally and raptor, i also agree with them bc ive seen proof of some people on purpose hating on chicken on islands
I give this apply a +1

Ratings
22 1
Nobody should be denied by his past, you have to focus on the present. The past has happened, it's how he behaves now.
I agree, how i know chicken the past month he helped me with a lot of things like with my spawners and witb my house, i always knew him like a nice person, bans are past why getting it up here now? I agree with chally and raptor, i also agree with them bc ive seen proof of some people on purpose hating on chicken on islands
I give this apply a +1
I think you should go read the app info before commenting.
''Never been permanently banned or muted on the network ''

oof_itschey

Ratings
14 5
Why are people arguing on here? Or teasing him? Like they do in public mana chat, he didnt cause the toxic community a lot of the players did i mean some people were nice to him when he is online but talking behind his back on the server and bad abou thim, have something to say? Say hit to himself not behind his back! People can change and he is one of them

Fluiditia

ELITE
VIP
YouTuber
Fluiditia
Fluiditia
ELITE
Ratings
Hiya,
In my opinion, I haven’t had the best experiences with chicken and the examples he has given in his application do not match up to what I have seen. Despite this being on atlas rather than islands, I don’t believe this matters due to it still being a maturity and respect issue.

First off, I haven’t seen a level of maturity that is standard to other helpers or staff. When incidents of a serious level begins to occur, he will typically talk as if it has no importance, will laugh about it, or has a few times tried to turn the conversation to something else like something he wants to complain about.

In regards to respect, before I fully got to understand my opinion on chicken, I helped him out early on within the new season of Olympus by letting him use my plot for a rebirth he needed rather than telling him to make his own, in return we were mining out a valuable mine and would call me rude and mean for clearing “his” mine when all I would do is treat him with respect. This happened a few times. It was this that hit the nail on the head for my opinion on him.
I now have him ignored in atlas so that anything I see doesn’t cause any additional upset to me, and I can vouch that some other people in my clan aren’t particularly fond of him too.

Lastly, I also know chicken has had a history of mutes and bans, some being less than 6 months ago. I understand that “people change” but from what I’ve seen, it just doesn’t correlate for me.

I understand that some of you have had a positive outlook on chicken however i would just like to put my point of view on the situation.

It’s for these reasons that I’ll be giving chicken a -1.

Thank you for your time.
- Meg