Auto craft chests for Iron Golem farms. (Redstone Help needed)

18emcclellan

ELITE
18emcclellan
18emcclellan
ELITE
Ratings
I have been trying to setup a system for an auto craft chest and storage system for my iron farm but item filters don't work. I only want to move the iron blocks since everything moves in stacks, and the ingots move as well and mess up the storage system and sell chests. Filling them with a mix of blocks and ingots instead of just blocks. I use sell wands on the sell chests after I block everything and thought an auto craft chest would be good investment saving me time but... I can't figure a way to just get the blocks in a chest without the ingots getting mixed in :/ I tried a clock and block filter but neither work properly with the hoppers.

cult

Dedicated Member
ELITE
gaycult
gaycult
ELITE
Ratings
54 1
It is to my knowledge that autocraft chests may be broken atm.

Vinstage

ELITE
Vinstage
Vinstage
ELITE
Ratings
25 3
Autocraft chests not autocrafting? That's totally correct to our server owner xBacon I see xD

Redstoning is complicated on the server since it moves item per stack here's a simple way to make yourself a item blocker
autocraft chest crafts items automatically for 1-2 seconds roughly so you need a redstone preventing hopper sucking it out early
2020-08-14_16.35.33.png

8x redstone dust 1x comparator 1x redstone torch 2x hopper 1x reg, autocraft, inf/inf+ chest

Comparator detects stack per items on the chest on this contraption 8x redstone wire dust translates to 15 items only inside the chest before it drains out the 1st item in the chest when a 16th item comes (if you add another dust it will be 17 items only. If you reduce the dust it will become 13 items before it drains out the 1st slot
2020-08-14_16.44.13.png
I use wooden logs cause I'm poor but imagine it as a iron before converted to iron blocks (which goes in the first available slot on the chest)
2020-08-14_16.46.56.png
Hope it helps!
Copy it as is with chest and hopper above the auto crafter and your inf chest below enjoy mate
Feel free to pm me or mail in game if you have any issues!

Last edited:

18emcclellan

ELITE
18emcclellan
18emcclellan
ELITE
Ratings
Thanks DewyPie, I have a this setup and it seems to be working very well. I also have a second auto craft chest now that I installed below to act as a buffer of sorts to catch anything. Hopefully this works long term or until they get some sort of filter upgrade.