Forum Expert
ELITE
uhhabbie
uhhabbie
ELITE
Ratings
285 11
hihi,

i’m kinda of just curious on how school is looking for you guys this year?

have you already gone back? is it online or in person? is anything super different? what classes do you guys have this year/ semester?

personally, my school is going back tomorrow, all in person, and the only difference is that we have to wear masks in the hallways.

also my classes are ap bio, chemistry, and psych 20

okay cool, bye.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
I've been going to school since January ;w;
Month break in May (should be June but pushed forward due to covid)
June - Online classes
End of June/July - starting IRL classes
Now - still IRL classes ;w;
Masks are hot and the school uniform makes it worse, now we have to wear our ties again on Mondays and a lot of people have been complaining. Our 30+ degree weather makes it all worse D; (celsius)

Incompleteekoala

Dedicated Member
ELITE
InCompleteeKoala
InCompleteeKoala
ELITE
Ratings
I start school tomorrow which is unfortunate however it is online which means I can talk to people. YAY!
Although I will be doing in-person in October.
I have the main classes being History, Maths, Science, English.
I am also taking Accounting and 2 gym classes (because they are easy).

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I started 7th grade. It's inperson but unless we are given permission, we have to wear our masks all the time except lunch and gym when were on school grounds. We don't get lockers so we have to carry our backpacks around. We also have to sanitize our desks and use this watery hand sanitizer that gets everywhere.

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
School started back a few weeks ago, yay! They allowed us to pick online or “regular” but ended up doing all online. In aboht 2 weeks they are letting some people go back (I’m online till January) to test it etc. I love this tho because we still have sports, extracurriculars, activities, pep rally’s, etc just without boring school. My friends xome ocer 3 times a week to work on scjool, than I have games on Fridays, and cheer Tuesday and thursdays so corona hasn’t really stopped the fun part of scjool just more the boring!

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
Our school starts on September every year, so that means school started yesterday. We are having lessons on Zoom atm, but will continue IRL school in October.
I really don't want to go to school coz I'm scared my classmates won't accept me and bully me >_< but I'll try and be optimistic :>
My parents said that I need to focus on my studies, so they tried to stop me completely from Manacube, but I guarantee I will at least be on an hour every day to talk to people I miss.
I hope this year of school goes successfully, and I hope I'll have more free time to come online with you all <3

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I started to do cross country this year at my school

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I will be starting my senior year of my undergraduate degree tomorrow. The structure of classes are decided by each department, so some of my classes are hybrid (partially in-person, partially online meetings), and some are entirely online. Surprisingly, I'm still able to work at the library a lot in-person, running textbook deliveries to people who have to wait outside, which is kinda crazy! I thought I'd be doing online work or cataloging, things like that.

My classes are going to be pretty different compared to everyone else here since I'm a college student in my more major specific classes (Psychology and Sociology) but I'm taking:
Psychology Research Methods and Statistics 2
Cognitive Psychology
Sociological Theory
Organizations in Society - Understanding Nonprofits and Corporations

If you're curious about what any of those things mean, do message me on Discord, I love talking about it :)

Katie

MVP+
Kqtie
Kqtie
MVP+
Ratings
I'm in high school right now in America, and we're gonna be having online classes through the whole semester. My french teacher almost started crying on the second day of school, and she says that 'this is the hardest thing she's ever had to do.' which I get, because it must be difficult as a teacher. She also said that she might take this year off so french might be pretty bad this year.

Etring

MVP
Ratings
28 1
We started school 17th of august, after being home for 5 months of online school. Waking up early is harder than it used to be, but not too bad. Since the cases of Covid are not that many, we don't use masks, but each grade is a group, and all groups are divided, while we also make sure to clean the classroom 3 times each day. Next year I will be applying for college, so i'll make sure to work extra hard this year!

Bxrryy

Bxrryy
Bxrryy
Ratings
59 2
I'm in my last year of school and it's pretty boring, our last year field trip obviously got cancelled (our second last year did too due to some issue), online classes have been really boring, getting into the productive mood is tough, it doesn't feel normal, we don't have real school because the parents don't feel comfortable sending their kids back and we might be stuck with online school for few more unfortunate months

SpecialOffer

Dedicated Member
VIP+
SpecialOffer
SpecialOffer
Ratings
75 3
I'm joining university next week!

The rules the management have set are fairly disappointing as I will not be able to experience the conventional "freshers week".

All my lectures are to be done through zoom, and websites which makes me question where abouts my £9,000 is going!

Icebarge

ELITE
Icebarge
Icebarge
ELITE
Ratings
Heyo!

Interesting reading about everyone's start to school again. Regardless of whether you're taking online classes, in person classes, or not even taking classes, hopefully everyone is able to stay safe while still being able to enjoy themselves!

For me, I'm in university and all my lectures / labs are being conducted over zoom. My school also has an online website or program they use to upload assignments and such, and this was already used for courses in the past, however a full swap to the system has caused quite a few issues. Hopefully they're able to get the system fully working soon because it can be frustrating to not be able to access school at all, especially if I were to need to hand in assignment before a due date or such. I already took a round of courses over the summer term though so I'm used to the new studying environment, however adjusting did take my a while. Next semester I'm going to be taking a pretty specialized course that only has 6 people enrolled which is definitely going to be a unique experience, so I hope that I'll be able to do that class in person if not all of them.

I do have to say I miss going to school. Despite people hating school for the homework and such, I think most of us can still agree that seeing friends and having fun at school outside class is a really unique experience. Hopefully schools are still able to hold events online or in a manner that are safe for everyone to attend, since some of the things that schools do are really one of a kind!

Thanks for reading, and wish you a great semester,

- Icebarge

Samanthaa_x

Forum Expert
ELITE
Samanthaa_x
Samanthaa_x
ELITE
Ratings
231 5
I’m actually homeschooled and have been for a couple of years, when I was in high school it just sucked for me lol, I would have been in grade 12 if I stayed in school!

Homeschooling for me has been amazing, I’m constantly learning new things that I’m ACTUALLY interested in and at my own pace :). I also have 4 dogs to look at thru the day whenever I’m feeling low haha! I do sometimes wish I was still in school just for the social aspect of it, though.

School is a great time when you are not burdened with the worries of adulthood, and the only task of the majority is to study and prepare for entering universities. The pandemic is over, so this academic year, it seems there will no longer be a transition to distance learning. Therefore everyone needs to make the most of their efforts in preparing for exams. When I graduated from university and wanted to earn a bachelor's degree, the time management and discipline skills I got at school came in handy. You have very little time left to decide what you want from life, therefore, good luck to everyone in the new academic year.

Last edited:

gabby(turt)

Forum Master
ELITE
gabbyyxo
gabbyyxo
ELITE
Ratings
169 7
I rly hate school i rly do and it starts the 23rd which is 2 days before my bday sobbing crying throwingup which menas i cant drive myself to school on the first day becuSe i wont be 16 wtf i hate school ok bye lovdu

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I started on thursday