Banknotes for Towny

Do you think that Banknotes should be added to Towny?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheFlagen430297

TheFlagen430297
TheFlagen430297
Ratings
Hello!
I've played Towny for a few days, and while I have a lot of feedback (that I won't go into in this post) I do have a cool feature idea

Banknotes are where you run /banknote (Amount of Money) and it gives you a piece of paper (Which given the TexturePack of the server, you could make it look like money) Which then can be redeemed later by right-clicking.

Here are some good reasons why this would be a good addition to the server
For players that are not a part of a town, this will allow them to store their money in Ender Chests which would help them not lose money due to dying by players.
(I am under the impression that when you get killed you lose money and that money goes to the killer? I killed my friend and it said like "You have received $0", but he was broke at the time)

For players that are in towns, it will help them manage money a bit easier.
let's say that a player has $3,457 and wants to deposit $3,400 to the town, and wants to keep the remaining $57 to save for later, well if he keeps it in his bank he will gain more money and that $57 will be included in the new total. Now let's say that he has $4,228, he can't just give $4,200 because he will lose money. So he'll need to take $4,228 - $57 = $4,171 He will now know that he needs to pay $4,100 and he gets to keep $71 this will get old because he'll have to keep doing harder math as the amount grows.
Now, instead of needing to do math every time, he can take the remaining money, put it in a chest, and when that chest gets full, he can claim all those Banknotes, put that money back into a banknote and then repeat the process.

For Towns that are at war, if they win the land, and find a chest full of Banknotes, this is a very nice score.

For the Developing side of it
Most Banknote plugins are really easy to set up and simple to use.
I recommend This Banknote Plugin as it has a lot of customizability and you can even have automated processes give out banknotes (Like a giveaway)

SkyDieGame

Earth Mod+ | Skyblock Mod | Islands Mod
Moderator+
SkyDieGame
SkyDieGame
Mod+
Ratings
125 5
Hey, thanks for your suggestion.

You only lose 1$ when you die, wich aint much. Its also not allowed to kill players thats been on the realm for less than 72 hours. So i dont really see this as an issue.

You can do /t deposit (amount) to deposit money to the town bank, so i dont really see this as an issue either.

Regarding sieges, the winning part cant do anything in the town, wich means they cant raid any chest anyways. The winning part can place a chest to claim the warchest money wich is about 25$ per chunk claimed.

I belive that this would make scamming much easier, and would cause alot of issues regarding that.

Last edited:

TheFlagen430297

TheFlagen430297
TheFlagen430297
Ratings
Hey, thanks for your suggestion.

You only lose 1$ when you die, wich aint much. Its also not allowed to kill players thats been on the realm for less than 72 hours. So i dont really see this as an issue.

You can do /t deposit (amount) to deposit money to the town bank, so i dont really see this as an issue either.

Regarding sieges, the winning part cant do anything in the town, wich means they cant raid any chest anyways. The winning part can place a chest to claim the warchest money wich is about 25$ per chunk claimed.

I belive that this would make scamming much easier, and would cause alot of issues regarding that.
Alrighty then.

Though I still feel like it would be good for personal money management.
But in any regard Thank You for your response.