Banner Pattern Availability

DerUnterhaendler

ELITE
DerUnterhaendler
DerUnterhaendler
ELITE
Ratings
I just want to point out some banner patterns are unobtainable right now.
I know banners are a niche of minecraft content but I have the plan to run a banner shop in season 7, so patterns not being obtainable results in me not being able to craft and offer some real cool banners, I'll post an example of one in the attachments.

It would be nice to have a way to gain the remaining banner patterns. I'll list here all the patterns which can't be obtained currently and all the reasons why. At the end I'll give a few solution ideas for each pattern.

The snout pattern is unobtainable bc nether structures are turned off, thus the bastions and the chests where it can spawn don't get generated. (I don't actually care about this pattern, it's quite useless, I haven't seen a good banner design which uses it yet.)

The creeper pattern is unobtainable, bc heads on manacube are modified to firstly have a chance to drop when killing a mob randomly but also to be a player head with the mob's skin. This makes the game not let you craft a creeper pattern with a creeper head you gained from killing creepers, because it's not considered to be a creeper's head.
You can easily see this when activating advanced tooltips with F3 + H and checking a creeper head, on the bottom the id is shown as "player head". The purpose of this modification is for the heads to be able to be used up by kilton and the soul system. (This is actually not the case for wither skeleton heads for some reason, or at least wasn't in the previous seasons).

The skull pattern is also unobtainable, because wither skeletons can't spawn without fortresses, there is no way to get a wither skeleton spawner or core yet and you don't have permission to spawn wither skeletons with the /spawnmob command.

An ultimate solution for all patterns would be to just offer them in the shop, maybe in Misc. A way for the heads to obtainable would be to add to kilton that you could buy heads with the normal id for souls (The problem with this is that it would make every head equally worth because you can exchange any head to any other head).
For the snout pattern, the only solutions I see is to either activate nether structures again or add it to crates like ancient crates.
For the creeper pattern, you could modify the game to allow to craft the pattern with the modified creeper head, or modify the head to have the id of a normal creeper head and make kilton be able to use it.
For the skull pattern, solutions would be to allow players to spawn wither skeletons with /spawnmob, which could cost money or create a way to get a wither skeleton spawner, maybe by adding a chance to get a wither skeleton core to the mystery spawners or by adding the spawner to a crate.

Small things like this are what makes the experience of a server's survival mode crumble. Please don't ignore this just because nobody gives a damn about banners.

If my info is not correct or a way to get creeper or skull patterns gets created, please notify me by pinging @Der Unterhändler in the mana discord.

Attachments

Last edited: