Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
Looks like a pixel art -1
where does it "look like a pixel art" ? I can change it.

EDIT: Not all Bathtub's are oval shaped (this one is based off of the bath tub I have.

WICKEDMagma

Dedicated Member
Mapper
WICKEDMagma
WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
I'm going to give this a -1.

Theme is slightly unoriginal. A map themed around a bathroom exists and contains a bathtub.

Build: The build is the main problem. The backdrop/walls are pretty bland. It seems like you were attempting to make it look like tiles, but it gives me a more awkward checker-like feel. The bathtub is strange. It's far too boxy and the shape doesn't have the curves that a real bathtub has. The legs of the bathtub look very unstable. The proportions (mainly length) is a bit ehh. I would suggest rebuilding the tub so it looks more rounded. The palette could use some improvement. The smoothness that a real-life bathtub has is not very well replicated in this palette.
1601793047560.png

The size of the "room" in proportion to the bathtub makes the build look a bit cramped. I'd suggest making the room bigger so it doesn't feel too crowded

The parkour was fun to do and fits the difficulty, however, I found a few issues.
Parkour issues:

Attachments

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
My suggestion, for the tiles, is to give them some depth in terms of light, so one corner say which is a bit shinier than the rest. make sure to keep the light source's effect on the tiles consistent as well.
the tap itself although grey doesnt feel metallic, perhaps search around for a more polished looking grey material to better suit that aspect.
The floor itself is wooden, which although you have attempted some texture is quite bland, expecially considering most timbers provide a unique and varied pattern of browns. my inclination though would to not to a wooden floor as firstly it isnt normal for a bathtub to be on a wooden floor but also because creating them is a nightmare to get right. maybe experiment with differenttly sized, coloured and orientated tiles for the floor. Pro tip, create one tile to uour liking, select it using the wand tool, create a brush using //brush sphere #copy 5. then make your current floor one surface using any block and apply a mask for whatever block you have used. then go along the floor with the brush and hopefully it should start applying it to your surface. :) this can also be used to help with your walls.

Good luck with your submission.

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Theme is unoriginal because we have so many bathroom/furniture maps -1

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, Noah
Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
Theme: For your theme, unfortunately, I'm going to classify this as an unoriginal theme. This is basically due to ManaCube already having plenty of parkour maps that have bathtubs and or involve bathrooms/large-scaled furniture.

Build: Your build is quite large but basic, a lot of your build is chunky and doesn't really have a smooth look like large-scaled furniture/builds should have so that it looks neat and tidy, this makes your map seem boring/bland.

Parkour: For your parkour, it's alright nothing really that special about it, and looks like the common type of blocks that are used in parkour map submissions. No other interesting types of jumps/blocks that are incorporated into your map submission/design.

Thanks for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.