menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
Hi! First off, if you're reading this for genuine help, you might be new to Skyblock, so welcome! I've recently seen a lot of people wondering just how to get on with starting on skyblock and earning money. This is going to be a thread with the purpose of showing you the various ways you can go about getting the money. If I missed any means of getting money, then you can add on to the thread as you like. Thank you, guys!

There is a lot of ways to go about it, so I'll start off with just about every method, from easiest to hardest.
  • Keys
As you can probably guess, keys are the easiest methods of going about getting in-game money. As of writing this thread, it is July 11th, 2019, and we have special seasonal keys appearing every now and then, such as the cupids chest, the mystery chest, the freedom chest, the anniversary chest, etc! These event-specific crates only happen every so often, so get them while you can!​

Inside the event crates are, as you guessed, seasonal event items. To list it simply, a lot of these things are things you can't necessarily get on the shop or anything, or if you can, they're not necessarily free in real life. Keys are a gamble, and depending on what you get, you can get a lot of money from them! For example, if you are to win a slayer minion but don't want to keep it for yourself, you can sell it for millions, I'm sure.​

And not just that, you can also win actual money from all of the crates (except for the perk chest.) I will list all of the objects in all of the chests, just so you know what you're gambling for!​
2019-07-11_21.55.59.png
Legendary Chest
You can win 4x Ancient Keys, the Legendary Sword, Axe, or Pickaxe, an Iron Golem spawner, 200 McMMO credits, 3 blaze spawners, the Bold/italic nickname perk, a rank upgrade paper, the [Legendary] title, $300,000, $500,000 and $700,00 in game money, 2 perk keys, 3 100% success dusts, 1750 and 2500 mana.
2019-07-11_21.56.38.png
Ancient Chest
You can win $100,000, $175,000, $225,000 and $300,000 worth of in-game money, the legendary pickaxe or shovel, a blaze spawner, enderman spawner,
and iron golem spawner, 600 or 1,000 mana, 100 McMMO credits, the [Lucky☘] title, and a rank upgrade paper
2019-07-11_21.56.48.png
Explanation Time
To explain everything - If you are to win any of the three titles from the chests, or any other titles, you can enable them via /titles and clicking on them. If you win the chat colors, you can use /color to enable them. Cubits are used, basically, as ManaCube Giftcards - 0.01 cubits is worth 1 cent in real life, and 1.00 is a dollar, and so on. Cubits are translated to USD. Once you have enough cubits, you can use /cubits redeem to get a gift card and once you copy it, you can use it in the store to buy things.
If you are to win the rank upgrade paper, you can either redeem it to rank up as a donator [e.g. if you are MVP, you can upgrade to MVP+ for that season exclusively, and that game mode exclusively], or rank up in terms of the number shown next to your name [e.g. ✪10]. If you are to win an infinity chest, you can place it down and connect hoppers to it - Infinity chests are just chests, that immediately sell everything that goes into it if it is able to be sold to the server.
If you won a builder's wand, you can use it almost like worldedit but for creating pillars of the same type, which I think means it's used to copy and paste things. If you win a collector minion, you can place the minion for it to begin picking up and putting away things within a 16 block radius into a chest. It can pick up ores, mob drops, farm objects, etc. You just need to keep it fed. If you win a slayer minion, it will automatically kill and one shot every mob in front of it, so long as you keep it fed as well.

• Voting
Upon voting while you're still online on the server, you can get 6 vote crates as well as 0.06 cubits for all of the votes together. Aka, voting on one site, you will receive one vote crate and 0.01 cubits. When you get enough cubits, you can, of course, buy things on the server, but it's also very useful in terms of selling - As of writing this, the average price of cubits is 0.01 = 10k, which means 100k for .10, and 1 mil for 1.00. It's very useful, but also difficult if you're struggling with money and want to get cubits for yourself, as prices increase almost daily.
And if you're lucky, objects in the vote crates may be useful as well - All you need to do is place the chest down and it'll automatically spawn objects in your inventory. Depending on what you get, you can get cash from the crate, you can get mana, you can get blocks and minerals, etc. Things that can be useful, and that you can sell.

• Jobs
Almost every good grinding server will involve the jobs plugin. This one happens to. You can use /jobs and select up to three jobs. When you complete tasks that the jobs urge you to do, you can earn money. There is the woodcutter, miner, digger, farmer, hunter, crafter, fisherman, weaponsmith, brewer and enchanter jobs. All of them are pretty self-explanatory. You can use /jobs info [job name] for it to tell you what you can do to earn more money.
Personally, I suggest the fisher and farmer job, as with the fisher job, you can earn money for fishing, and then sell the fish in the /fish shop, and farmer is really easy to earn money on and level up, granted all you need is a large field of wheat and a lot of patience to let it grow as it needs, and then when you're done, just go breaking mad.
Personally, I feel as though I did not go very far into detail with the jobs, however, so if you like, you can take a look at a guide that Skisam made or alternative look into the one that Geshultz and I have worked on together.
2019-07-11_21.36.37.png

• Cactus Farms
One of the easier ways to go, but also difficult if you do not have the amount of money needed for fences, blocks/slabs, sand, cactus, water, and blue ice. They're all very expensive, but with the right island shops, you can get things pretty cheap. I suggest /warp viper, /is warp fifty777, etc. for how to start on getting money (Fifty777 buys raw pork chops for way more than shop does, and has pig spawners next to the chest to sell things. Viper, in general, has a lot of spawners anyway.)
Once you have, enough I would suggest starting a farm that's about the size of a chunk (Press F3 + G in order to show chunk borders)
2019-07-11_21.34.07.png
(Credit to Elise_The_Rose for letting me screenshot her cactus farm for an example.
2019-07-11_21.34.53.png

• NPC objects/villager objects
Trading with villagers and getting objects via NPCs can be really helpful. Rare objects are gained by completing quests, turning to the ancient trials or Kilton, etc- Selling the custom enchants from the /ce page [or the Enchanter NPC at spawn], things from Kilton, things from the Ancient Trials and etc. are really good ways to start earning money too.
2019-07-11_21.57.08.png
2019-07-11_22.01.10.png

• Grinders
This is probably the most obvious of them all, next to crop farms. You can buy a dozen different spawners, and even get some special ones in event-specific crates like the Freedom Chest. There's a chicken, pig, sheep, cow, wolf, zombie, spider, skeleton, creeper, mushroom cow, villager, blaze, zombie pigman and iron golem spawner. Iron golems are the most valuable, and creepers, skeletons, and zombies are good ways to go while you're trying to get iron golems and want grinders.​
2019-07-11_22.10.46.png
And that's it! As far as I'm aware...

These are the best ways to make money on Skyblock, and I hope these are of use to you guys. Good luck, and start kicking ass and taking names, you knowledgeable badasses!

Attachments

Last edited:

skisam

skisam
skisam
Ratings
Thank you for the information!

Edit: Farming job doesn't seem to be the most heavily money wise job.
- I suggest:
Mining - For cobble gens,
Fishing - Very op, probably the best job
Hunter - Get money when killing mobs, this is very useful for blaze grinders

Last edited:

Maaawc

MVP
pizzapancakes
pizzapancakes
MVP
Ratings
77 1
I'm not sure but when I tried the farming wheat with the farmer job it wasn't counting it, only harvesting pumpkins worked..
But I made a lot of money really fast to get my island bigger with the Woodcutter job! just punching leaves help leveling up so it's very EZ :p

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
Thank you for the information!

Edit: Farming job doesn't seem to be the most heavily money wise job.
- I suggest:
Mining - For cobble gens,
Fishing - Very op, probably the best job
Hunter - Get money when killing mobs, this is very useful for blaze grinders
I'm not sure but when I tried the farming wheat with the farmer job it wasn't counting it, only harvesting pumpkins worked..
But I made a lot of money really fast to get my island bigger with the Woodcutter job! just punching leaves help leveling up so it's very EZ :p
The later into the seasons you get, the more automatic tuat cobble gene become solely because people start using pistons to push them. Once you start using pistons, it doesn't count as a naturally generated mineral anymore, and when you place stone (last I checked,) it takes progress away from the mining job. Farming may have bugged, because last time I played, I was earning money from farming. Or maybe you didn't work far enough into the job, because I dont think it starts paying you until you reach about level 5 in the farmer job, and it's easy to level up as long as you have the patience to make all of the grounds you'd need to be an awesome farmer.

Fishing was one of the suggested jobs, because fishing not only gives you money for catching the fish, but you can still sell them in /fish shop, very useful.

And finally, Hunter, I did include that one as well. Its especially useful if you intend to go for the /rankup, solely because it asks you to kill about 100k mobs to 1 million, if I remember correctly. I was level 25 or so in season 7 just because of how much mob killing I had to do. It was really useful.

Woodcutting is also a very useful job, as all you really need is to be able to buy saplings and use a little truck that I found to make the saplings grow bigger with some bonemeal. Just place the sapling, and place two glass blocks directly on top of the sapling, then place the glass on all four sides of the top block, then break the middle glass blocks and bonemeal away! Make sure it has natural light or it won't grow, and that it's not too close to another sapling (within 5 blocks)

Thank you both for your feedback! I can't attach anymore images to the original post but I will do an addition to it to better explain the jobs system, I just need to get out of bed

skisam

skisam
skisam
Ratings
Thank you! I am currently writing a job information post, you may check that out too! I will edit this post as soon as it's done!

Last edited:

gapplegal

SrMod | Wiki Manager
Senior Mod
gapplegal
gapplegal
Senior Mod
Ratings
298 11
Hi Novae!! Just wanna say thank you for making this. A lot of people just starting out on this new season have absolutely no idea what the best method to getting money is, myself included so thank you <3
You going into detail about possible ways to get money really helps. Just wanna say thank you again for taking time out of your day to help others <3

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
Hi Novae!! Just wanna say thank you for making this. A lot of people just starting out on this new season have absolutely no idea what the best method to getting money is, myself included so thank you <3
You going into detail about possible ways to get money really helps. Just wanna say thank you again for taking time out of your day to help others <3
Thank you very much! I thought it was a helpful idea to share the best methods of getting money, granted it's fairly hard. Personally, I got most of my money via my monthly keys [don't tell anybody!] but all these other methods help out a lot. I'm glad to be of any help to the community!

This is very useful! Thank you for sharing, and I'll add this link under the jobs section, so thank you!

Just stumbled upon this thread and gotta say, awesome initiative! Skyblock can be a bit overwhelming at first. I remember when I started, I was clueless! Your breakdown of money-making methods is super helpful, however, sometimes it's better to consult with a professional (like Mortgage Broker Leeds). Btw, I scored big with a rare Slayer minion once – sold it for a sweet fortune! Anyway, thanks for sharing your wisdom!

Last edited: