Bigger plots

WaffleLord47

Ratings
I was just wondering how to get bigger plots for building because I might have an idea for a champion or at least insane map. (It would take at least 2 weeks)

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
I was just wondering how to get bigger plots for building because I might have an idea for a champion or at least insane map. (It would take at least 2 weeks)
I haven’t heard of bigger plots, but I could be wrong? I’m pretty sure there aren’t any bigger accessible plots but if I am wrong I have no doubts that someone will correct me below

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
But how do people make massive maps without larger plots
They build the maps over the course of multiple plots. Once you have Mapper rank (gained by having 3 maps accepted and added), you get 25 plots, and according to Shinx, the current champion maps take up 5-8 plots. That should be enough for 3-5 champion maps, although building that many might be a bit overkill.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
As MCBYT said, with Mapper and donator ranks you get more plots. You can then merge plots using the /plot merge command and make a 2x2 plot.

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
ohhhhhh ok thx. Ig ill need 1 more map accepted before I start this project
Best of luck on both this gigantic map and receiving mapper rank!

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Sadly you can't merge more than 4 plots so making champion maps is pretty much impossible in map making world
You can use two merged plots and, if accepted, world edit them together. Don't think it'd be too hard.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
There's nothing that says a champion map has to be all in one plot. They're in a totally separate world and there's no real limit there, it just has to be built.. could be built in 20 1x1 plots if you wanted to

WaffleLord47

Ratings
But then how would you get from plot to plot during the parkour? Have a super high ice jump on one plot lead to a low slime block on the other?

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
But then how would you get from plot to plot during the parkour? Have a super high ice jump on one plot lead to a low slime block on the other?
When the map would be accepted, they would move the builds to a separate world larger than a plot, then use worldedit to merge them. While being reviewed, you would have to simply fly to the next plot, do a massive jump as you said, or end that part of the map with a teleporter and checkpoint (there's quite a few of these in Winter Wonderland, not sure about the others as I've played HM once and AA never)

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
not really sure what you mean. There is never parkour in the plot world.