Brand new to Skyblock, lots to learn!

Ratings
I'm excited to have just joined ManaCube and Skyblock in general today!
This will be my first Skyblock journey and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all there is to learn.

I'm not even that good at Minecraft in general so I'll be watching lots of tutorials.

My main goal I guess is just going to be building a cute little island even though I know they get reset.
I'm not even going to attempt competing in any competitive way because I'd get crushed.

Hoping to learn how farming works and basic generators as resources seem to be a big part of this game.
Any general tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

IGN: Skeletons (yes, really)

Feel free to add me in-game if you want to help or just talk. I'm on the Aztec skyblock server on manacube

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Dude, you have such a legendary name! That's awesome!
Welcome to manacube and the skyblock! Which relm do you play on? I play oasis, although I've kind of drifted back to my first home of Olympus prisons.
I am pretty well off in the game and I know mostly everything to do, so if you have ant specific questions, just message me!
Some tips I have would be to make huge pumpkin farms. This was my first source of money and they worked pretty well. You load chunks 5x5 around you, so keep that in mind for farms.
Good luck!

Ratings
Dude, you have such a legendary name! That's awesome!
Welcome to manacube and the skyblock! Which relm do you play on? I play oasis, although I've kind of drifted back to my first home of Olympus prisons.
I am pretty well off in the game and I know mostly everything to do, so if you have ant specific questions, just message me!
Some tips I have would be to make huge pumpkin farms. This was my first source of money and they worked pretty well. You load chunks 5x5 around you, so keep that in mind for farms.
Good luck!
Thank you for the welcome, I'm on the Aztec Skyblock server

Icebarge

ELITE
Icebarge
Icebarge
ELITE
Ratings
Hey, and welcome to Manacube and the Aztec Skyblock server!

I can give you a couple of server specific tips for getting started, but I think it's super cool that you're more or less just looking to build a cool little island! I can understand why newer players are a little intimidated by the competitive aspect, however there's plenty of other things going on as well so I'm glad that you're still eager to play and have a good time. That being said of course, if you change your mind then I wish you the best of luck!

On Aztec as it stands, there are a couple of good ways to get started and earn yourself some in game money. You'll probably be wanting quite a bit of money to buy blocks for your build (in /shop) rather that growing trees, mining, etc. Any who from my experience these are the best ways to earn money when getting started:

- Selling mob head drops from [/warp pubg] --> At [/warp pubg] there's a bunch of spawners where you can grind and kill the mobs there. Mobs have a 10% to drop a mob head upon death, so if you kill a bunch of mobs you can get a lot of mob heads. 1 stack of mob heads sells for about 15 million, so that's a pretty great way of earning money.

- Slayer Regions --> Sort of branching off of above, if you don't intend to sell the mob heads, you can put them to use by exchanging them for souls under [/kilton] . Souls can purchase things in the soul shop under [/kilton] as well, however my recommendation would be to use them for /slayer . There are currently 3 slayer regions open to the public (with a 4th coming at some point), and in these regions you can kill special mobs. These special mobs drop a range of cool drops and also give a lot of mana. Mana currently sells for about 20 million per 1000 mana, so this is also a way of getting money really fast!

Note for the strategies above, the prices are gave are subjective since you'll be buying/trading with other players on the server, so it's up to you and the person you're trading with to settle on a price. I just gave my recommendations for prices that I've seen. Also these prices are specific to Aztec, however the same strategies do work on Oasis, just the prices will be a little different.

Another thing you'll probably want to look into is the island quest system. If you do /quests and work your way to the island quest GUI, you'll see a bunch of quests with rewards tiers. Each tier you complete increases your island size. This is pretty important for building since you don't want to be limited in size so I would definitely look into those too!

There's a bunch of other stuff to explore as well, but I'll leave you with that for now since it's also fun to discover things on your own! I look forward to seeing you around on the server,

- Icebarge

Ratings
Hey, and welcome to Manacube and the Aztec Skyblock server!

I can give you a couple of server specific tips for getting started, but I think it's super cool that you're more or less just looking to build a cool little island! I can understand why newer players are a little intimidated by the competitive aspect, however there's plenty of other things going on as well so I'm glad that you're still eager to play and have a good time. That being said of course, if you change your mind then I wish you the best of luck!

On Aztec as it stands, there are a couple of good ways to get started and earn yourself some in game money. You'll probably be wanting quite a bit of money to buy blocks for your build (in /shop) rather that growing trees, mining, etc. Any who from my experience these are the best ways to earn money when getting started:

- Selling mob head drops from [/warp pubg] --> At [/warp pubg] there's a bunch of spawners where you can grind and kill the mobs there. Mobs have a 10% to drop a mob head upon death, so if you kill a bunch of mobs you can get a lot of mob heads. 1 stack of mob heads sells for about 15 million, so that's a pretty great way of earning money.

- Slayer Regions --> Sort of branching off of above, if you don't intend to sell the mob heads, you can put them to use by exchanging them for souls under [/kilton] . Souls can purchase things in the soul shop under [/kilton] as well, however my recommendation would be to use them for /slayer . There are currently 3 slayer regions open to the public (with a 4th coming at some point), and in these regions you can kill special mobs. These special mobs drop a range of cool drops and also give a lot of mana. Mana currently sells for about 20 million per 1000 mana, so this is also a way of getting money really fast!

Note for the strategies above, the prices are gave are subjective since you'll be buying/trading with other players on the server, so it's up to you and the person you're trading with to settle on a price. I just gave my recommendations for prices that I've seen. Also these prices are specific to Aztec, however the same strategies do work on Oasis, just the prices will be a little different.

Another thing you'll probably want to look into is the island quest system. If you do /quests and work your way to the island quest GUI, you'll see a bunch of quests with rewards tiers. Each tier you complete increases your island size. This is pretty important for building since you don't want to be limited in size so I would definitely look into those too!

There's a bunch of other stuff to explore as well, but I'll leave you with that for now since it's also fun to discover things on your own! I look forward to seeing you around on the server,

- Icebarge
I appreciate the detailed response, I will for sure use these tips :)
So far I've gotten about 1000 mana, done almost 2 quests, gotten 7M balance, and got some diamond armor and a very very simple wheat farm that I have to 100% manually grow and harvest each time (not sure how to automate it).

Just having fun but am feeling lost at times. As a new comer I was extremely disappointed to see how underdeveloped the /warp tutorial area was. Didn't really teach me anything at all which is maybe something the owners can work to improve. I feel like the server is great for people that already know what to do, but for a newb like me it seems like not much attention was put into the new player experience.

However, players have been very nice and helpful. I look forward to growing on Manacube as I learn new things.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I appreciate the detailed response, I will for sure use these tips :)
So far I've gotten about 1000 mana, done almost 2 quests, gotten 7M balance, and got some diamond armor and a very very simple wheat farm that I have to 100% manually grow and harvest each time (not sure how to automate it).

Just having fun but am feeling lost at times. As a new comer I was extremely disappointed to see how underdeveloped the /warp tutorial area was. Didn't really teach me anything at all which is maybe something the owners can work to improve. I feel like the server is great for people that already know what to do, but for a newb like me it seems like not much attention was put into the new player experience.

However, players have been very nice and helpful. I look forward to growing on Manacube as I learn new things.
For an official server resource on the Skyblock game mode you should check out the wiki here.

To an extent at least my experience on Manacube as a newcomer the community tends to bridge the gap with a lot of questions that newer players have in the game like you mentioned. In saying that I agree with you that either putting more effort into a /warp tutorial or more realistically displaying the wiki more promptly would be good. I'm glad your enjoying Skyblock its an amazing game mode and I had a blast playing it too.

Nicksfish

ELITE
Nicksfish
Nicksfish
ELITE
Ratings
I play on oasis, so we probably won’t be seeing each other much. But it’s a fun server, so good luck out there!

I'm excited to have just joined ManaCube and Skyblock in general today!
This will be my first Skyblock journey and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all there is to learn.

I'm not even that good at Minecraft in general so I'll be watching lots of tutorials.

My main goal I guess is just going to be building a cute little island even though I know they get reset.
I'm not even going to attempt competing in any competitive way because I'd get crushed.

Hoping to learn how farming works and basic generators as resources seem to be a big part of this game.
Any general tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

IGN: Skeletons (yes, really)

Feel free to add me in-game if you want to help or just talk. I'm on the Aztec skyblock server on manacube
Skyblock is one of my favorite as it develops non-stop, as a result you can always find a lot to learn. I think it's awesome! Once I was so into Skyblock that I forgot to make my school essay on time. Oh, what a stress I had. But I found edu birdie writing help and I was sure everything work out well https://edubirdie.org/can-you-get-caught-using-edubirdie/ . And as I though nobody noticed as their writers deliver perfect work. I could be calm regarding my results and I didn't regret at all that I was so into Skyblock that forgot about everything.