Cactus Chunk Behavior/Growing Rates

Ratings
Hey y'all!

So I had heard that cactus grows faster when you're in the chunk which I wasn't too sure about, but I figured I would try it to find out.

Turns out that is in fact true, so i tested the theory that standing at the intersection of 4 chunks to see if it would grow faster if you stand at as close to the exact point where they intersect.

Unfortunately that is not how it works as shown by the picture below.

yyyip stood on top of a sand block and then moved until he was as close to the exact point where the 4 chunks intersect and then flew straight up just to get out of the way of me building, meaning that at least his hitbox was in all 4 chunks but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Just thought I would post this for y'all in case you were wondering.

Have a great day!!

Attachments

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
Hey y'all!

So I had heard that cactus grows faster when you're in the chunk which I wasn't too sure about, but I figured I would try it to find out.

Turns out that is in fact true, so i tested the theory that standing at the intersection of 4 chunks to see if it would grow faster if you stand at as close to the exact point where they intersect.

Unfortunately that is not how it works as shown by the picture below.

yyyip stood on top of a sand block and then moved until he was as close to the exact point where the 4 chunks intersect and then flew straight up just to get out of the way of me building, meaning that at least his hitbox was in all 4 chunks but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Just thought I would post this for y'all in case you were wondering.

Have a great day!!
Good job at finding this out.

elpurp

PATRON
Amaranthion
Amaranthion
Patron
Ratings
The major difference to note here is that since cactus is a plant, it needs someone in the same chunk. Spawners, however, work on a radius basis. If you are within 16 blocks of a spawner, including vertical distance, it will function at full capacity.