GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
I completely forgot to make changes to the map, my apologies. I will test this again later and give my review :)

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Sacred!

I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and that my opinion doesn't affect whether the map gets accepted or not. That being said if the Map Judges disagree with what I think, they will go by what they think.

Firstly the THEME of your map. I'm not sure if the theme is original, so I won't comment here. The aesthetic appearance is quite similar to some other maps, but I'm not sure if this camping theme has been done before.

Secondly the BUILD of your map. I think it's pretty good, looks really like a campsite, which I assume you were going for! The only small flaw I personally think is that the parkour does get a little bit in the build's way. It isn't a big issue however!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. Most importantly I found it to be pretty fun! Your parkour had great variation, that made it interesting and not boring at any part. Your map is also fitting in length for a Hard map, and has an alright amount of checkpoints. Good job on those aspects! What I would however improve, is the Parkour Balance. Your map has lots of parts that are really easy compared to others, and really Hard compared to others. Your map feels like it is a mix of different difficulty parts, some parts being Expert, some Hard and some Medium. Having a balanced difficulty is important when making a map. There's also some quite annoying parts that feel more like a chore rather than fun, here's an example
2020-12-15_20.56.32.png

Right now I'm giving your map a +0.5. Good luck! :)

ILeftTheGame_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
ELITE
Ratings
379 3
Hello Sacred!

I am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and that my opinion doesn't affect whether the map gets accepted or not. That being said if the Map Judges disagree with what I think, they will go by what they think.

Firstly the THEME of your map. I'm not sure if the theme is original, so I won't comment here. The aesthetic appearance is quite similar to some other maps, but I'm not sure if this camping theme has been done before.

Secondly the BUILD of your map. I think it's pretty good, looks really like a campsite, which I assume you were going for! The only small flaw I personally think is that the parkour does get a little bit in the build's way. It isn't a big issue however!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. Most importantly I found it to be pretty fun! Your parkour had great variation, that made it interesting and not boring at any part. Your map is also fitting in length for a Hard map, and has an alright amount of checkpoints. Good job on those aspects! What I would however improve, is the Parkour Balance. Your map has lots of parts that are really easy compared to others, and really Hard compared to others. Your map feels like it is a mix of different difficulty parts, some parts being Expert, some Hard and some Medium. Having a balanced difficulty is important when making a map. There's also some quite annoying parts that feel more like a chore rather than fun, here's an example
View attachment 40908

Right now I'm giving your map a +0.5. Good luck! :)
Don't you dare say bad things about my incredible luck vines.
All jokes aside, thank you for the feedback!

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

I will now be moving your map into the ONGOING stage. This means that I have given your map an initial review and decided that it is fit to go up for opinions for the map judge team. Do remember that this is a process, so patience is necessary - you should hear the result in the coming days.

Have a great day!

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

After reviewing your map with the rest of the Map Judge team, I have decided to put your map in REVIEWING. This means that while the map has its strong points, there are some weak sides to it that need fixing before this map can be accepted. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is pretty original - we have camping themed maps but none that reflect camping the same way as your execution, which makes it unique. Nice job!

Build: The build is accurate to the theme and overall is pretty nice. One issue I had with the build was the platform it is build on - the colors of the dirt and sand do not work well together and detract from the overall look of the build. Changing up the platform a bit will elevate the visual experience quite a bit.

Parkour: The parkour was both good and bad. It's on the shorter side for a HARD map but not too short to be unacceptable. Some of the blocks look very out of place (for example the half bed in one of your provided screenshots), and some blocks were not utilized well, such as the use of a piston head as a regular block before the luck vines (which are also pretty annoying). The various barriers around the map need to be labeled better and some of the jumps need directional signs or more specific directions as the layout of the parkour is messy and confusing. Finally, if you can move the 4th checkpoint a few jumps back that will both make the long CP3 shorter and the short CP4 longer.

You have a month to complete these changes before the map will be REJECTED and will need a resubmission. I will unlock this thread so you can comment on it again - please let me know when you are finished with the above changes or feel free to ask me any questions either on this thread or over Discord (PyroTortilla#0553).

Have a great day!

ILeftTheGame_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
ELITE
Ratings
379 3
I believe I have changed everything you wanted me to change except for my incredible luck vines, and I kept the dirt and sand combination in the caves only. Hope you like my changes and have a blessed day! :)

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

I've looked over the changes to your map submission and there are still some things that should be worked on - here's a short list:

1) The parkour makes the build look pretty cluttered, so maybe re-mapping it or making some blocks blend in better would be an improvement over the current state with all the floatiness
2) I like the changes you've done with the ground of the build, no additional comments there
3) Several spots of the parkour are still either confusing or annoying. For example, the enchantment table -> slime -> gray glass pane needs to specify that the pane is on the fire as it is difficult to spot from the enchantment table. I would also list that jump as one that is quite annoying, and the luck vines are still not it chief.

Same thing goes for the last reviewing message, let me know when you have made additional changes and I'll look at it again. Have a great day!

ILeftTheGame_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
ELITE
Ratings
379 3
So first you said that the parkour was messy and it should blend in better. I tried to make less floating jumps. Lastly, you said that the parkour was quite annoying and confusing sometimes. I completely changed the enchantment table slime jump, and I slightly changed my incredible luck vines. I also added a few more signs of where to go to make it less confusing. I hope I didn't miss anything but if I did I will be happy to change anything else. Have a blessed day! :)

ILeftTheGame_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
xX_SacredPvp_Xx
ELITE
Ratings
379 3
Its been 13 days since I made the changes needed. Can someone please review my map. PyroTortilla was suppose too but they haven't been on in 12 days. D-:

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Its been 13 days since I made the changes needed. Can someone please review my map. PyroTortilla was suppose too but they haven't been on in 12 days. D-:
@Parkour staff on discord might find you a reviewer! :)

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

After this most recent round of changes, I have decided to ACCEPT your map submission. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is sort of original - we have some camping maps but yours is executed differently enough to be accepted.
Build: The platform change made the build a lot more visually pleasing. It is accurate to the theme and features most of what I believe symbolizes camping. There is a good amount of detail and the build overall is good. Nice job!
Parkour: The parkour was problematic but after the rounds of changes and nerfs/re-mapping, it is fun and fitting for a HARD map. Pat made two changes to the parkour (moved a checkpoint and switched up two jumps), and after that it is good enough to be accepted.

Apologies for the long wait, and congratulations on getting your map accepted. I hope to see more submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.