Mapper
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
MVP+
Ratings
79 12
Your Username: caseyclosed

Date when locked: 7/3/19

Why you were locked: Used an exploit on Skull Cove 171 times.

Have you been banned/locked on Manacube before?
Yes.

--------------------------------------------------

Why should your account be unlocked?
I've given some thought to this matter over the last few months and I've accepted that I was in the wrong. I realize now that I should've reported the exploit after a few times, because it had the potential to completely break the economy of the server. My vision was obscured with the promise of massive amounts of mana and I let that goal skew my judgement. I only really come on the server every month to beat the new insanes and experts and mana has lost all monetary value to me. This is the one few times I've used an exploit on a map, and the repercussions that came with my greed have only led me to regret.

I don't feel like a normal player because i'm greeted with questions about my LOCKED tag and how I got it. The LOCKED tag is supposed to make the player feel guilty and I truly understand the weight of it now. It gives a bad impression to the players and I don't want to strive for that. I miss the rush from completing insane maps over and over without exploits. I miss the champion maps and my attempts to get a world record on aquatic adventure. All I can really say is that I'm sorry. I can't undo my actions but I can make sure that they do not repeat themselves. I've reported a few skips before (don't exactly remember what maps) and I typically report broken maps. I've had my ups and downs on Manacube and I feel that I've matured just a little bit. I may swear like a drunken sailor but that shouldn't reflect my type of character. I'm a relatively nice person and usually help people in chat if they need it. I'm a legit and honest player and I think I deserve a second chance. I will never exploit another map again.

To be precise, I used two exploits on Skull Cove to complete it 171 times in one night. This earned me approximately 68,400 mana. The key point here is that it all happened within one night. It was a few hours of grinding and its not like I kept exploiting over a long period of time. I know this doesn't change the fact that I exploited to a very large extent, but I think it's important to note that I only did it within the span of a few hours. The next morning, Shinx questioned me and I cooperated with him. The map skip was patched and I took the blame for a few others who exploited as well but not to the magnitude that I did. I accepted my punishment

The true downside to being locked is the inability to progress through the ranks which makes beating the maps utterly pointless. I really enjoy the parkour on this server and have made some good friends on here. I know I've been extremely inactive for sometime now but can you blame me? There's nothing I can really do except beat the new maps or make maps. I would just love to be able to progress and prestige and extend my 527 hour playtime.

Just to summarize, I exploited a map, it was a huge mistake that will forever be associated with regret, and I will strive to be a way better person to improve the Manacube parkour community. Again, I'm sorry for exploiting and I can promise you that it will never happen again. I've learned my lesson.

Thank you for your time and I appreciate you reviewing my appeal.

- Casey

Any evidence to support your appeal:
No.

--------------------------------------------------

noctqrns

Mod+
Moderator+
ELITE
Mapper
Map Judge
noctqrns
noctqrns
Mod+
Ratings
171 6
Hello caseyclosed,

I will now be putting your appeal in Reviewing. During this time, myself and other parkour staff will look over your appeal, and decide whether your account will be unlocked or not.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss this further, feel free to message me on the forums, or contact me on discord - madi#5198

Thanks!
- Madi

noctqrns

Mod+
Moderator+
ELITE
Mapper
Map Judge
noctqrns
noctqrns
Mod+
Ratings
171 6
Hello caseyclosed,

Unfortunately, your appeal is being Rejected.
Exploiting on parkour, especially ones that are severe as yours, are not tolerated on Manacube, please read over and familiarise yourself with the rules here https://manacube.com/threads/manacube-network-official-rules.6943/
After discussing with other parkour staff, we feel that because of the severity, and since it has only been a few months since you were locked, that it is best your account stays locked for the time being.
Please wait at least one month to appeal again. Any appeals opened before this date (December 30th) will be automatically rejected.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss this further, feel free to message me on the forums, or contact me on discord - madi#5198

Thanks!
- Madi

Status
Not open for further replies.