• Map name: Castle In The Clouds
  • Photos of your Parkour: below
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot visit francishaber
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane): easy
  • Number of jumps (Optional): 38
  • Checkpoints: 3

Attachments

Ratings
I am not a map official, just stating my opinion.

First of all, the theme isn't original, there are many cloud-based and castle maps out there.

And I get the idea of clouds floating, but it still doesn't seem very unified at all, just seems like floating pieces of glass and a castle.

Speaking of, the castle just isn't detailed. It looks rushed and poorly made.

This is just my opinion, but I'd suggest taking it into consideration. Best of luck,

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey francishaber,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of sky/castle-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build was executed very well. I believe this due to how mediocre the things that compose the build are. The clouds are really plain and effortless, they barely look like clouds. You can definitely try to make them out of blocks that make them pop out more and/or shape them better so they look how they should. And, then you have a castle which is so small and unimportant that it makes you doubt whether it's even the main focus of the build. You really have to work better on executing your theme and making the things that matter look good.
  • Parkour: The parkour did fit the easy difficulty in both length and difficulty, there are no issues there. But, I did find the parkour to be quite linear and boring as you utilized the same glass block jumps for the entire cloud section, and then the same stone jumps once you made it to the castle. That's just not enjoyable to do. Make your parkour something fresh and creative, don't stick to the same thing. Utilize the wide array of blocks/jumps you have at your disposal!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.