Changes to Hades

Simply

PATRON
Simplly
Simplly
Patron
Ratings
112 7
I've heard lots of mixed feelings about Hades Underworld, so I'm hear to propose some new ideas & fundamental changes that (I think) would appeal to the players, including myself, that spend a lot of time in the underworld.

1. Remove the Void
Since the whole idea of Hades is being "The Underworld," it doesn't make sense to have a bottomless pit there, at least in my eyes. It's also a very easy way for players to escape a fight, which players tend to do very often. So, I propose the idea of replacing the void with lava.
The lava would effectively make it so yes, if you don't have flame guard you'll die, (I'll tell you why you wouldn't want to do that later). But, for the players who do have flame guard or who unintentionally fall into the void, it serves has a chance to get back up and continue fighting, rather than ending a fight earlier than anticipated because you messed up a jump. Plus it makes it feel more like the underworld! :)

Concept: https://prnt.sc/10wz9hr
hades1.png
So.. how does this solve people running from fights?

2. Enable Drops on Kill
This was a controversial change that arrived with the Hades overhaul when Season 4 released. There are people who like it, and many who don't. People have said it "ruins hades" and that there's "no point to it anymore," and I can see why they feel like that. There really is no incentive to kill players anymore, unless you care about your k/d and kill count. Hades has almost become a "high reward, no risk" zone, especially for players who don't have higher tier armor. Along with player drops being re enabled, the players should have the opportunity to get back into a safe zone after jumping from the pad.
With drops being re-enabled and a way to reach safety without teleporting, removing the ability to warp while outside of the safe zone only makes sense. If a player wanders into Hades and see's you running towards them with the intent to fight, a lot of the time they'll just type /spawn before you get a chance to combat tag them. Also, this would restore the usefulness of Holy White Scrolls, since they're pretty useless at this moment.

Concept: https://prnt.sc/10wzgaf
hades2.png

3. Increase Magma Sell Price + Magma Merchant
In season 4, magma's sell price got reduced significantly, which made it almost useless. With restoring the high risk factor in Hades by re-enabling drops, it also feels appropriate to bump up the price of magma, since you will risk losing if you decide to go mining for some.
Now, I haven't fully thought out this concept, but I think it would still be neat. On the opposite side of the entrance, there is a merchant who will sell you better items for high prices of course (Thanks for the idea @SSM_GOD :)). I was thinking for items to be bought in a unique type of currency, but Olympus already has money, mana, cubits, and souls, a fifth currency seems unnecessary. Below is a loose idea of what could be sold here (the price is irrelevant).

Concept: https://prnt.sc/10x09f0, https://prnt.sc/10x06bc
hades3.png
hades4.png

4. Descending Layers
Lots of the time, players will "tease" other players who camp, and will jump down and run into the portal to descend into the next layer as quickly as they can. And a lot of the time, if you are quick enough, you can't swing at them and combat tag them, since there is an issue with hits not registering from running players. My solution? Well you saw earlier how I changed the spawn pad to a certain side of Hades, I think the portal to descend should remain in the middle, so players have to run to it. After all, it's supposed to be more dangerous the deeper you go.

Concept: https://prnt.sc/10x0h50
hades5.png

5. Other Small Additions/Tweaks + Video
1. A leaderboard in the safe zone to track /kills top
2. A way to sell magma & monster drops without exiting Hades entirely
3. Rare chance to receive a Hades monster head which can be worn as a hat or a placeable item
4. Fix Arrows & Ender Pearls from despawning mid air
5. Fix hits not registering when swinging at running players
6. Addition of bones (for aesthetic purposes, similar to Hades' Volcano) I built some, but they aren't great
7. New set of armor that increases drop percentages of uncommons, rares, and legendaries (Possible mob drop or sold from Magma Merchant)

Video:

Hopefully, there are at least a few things you can agree with on here. But, if any of these changes do make it through it'd be great. Thanks for reading!

(Just incase anybody is curious, I'm running this off of a self-hosted server & using a client sided version of the Manacube resource pack.)

Last edited:

gay

Dedicated Member
PATRON
ooggay
ooggay
Patron
Ratings
130 5
A timer before you can teleport should be implemented too, where you have to be idle to teleport out of hades. A timer of 3-5 seconds seems pretty reasonable.

simplylowry

PATRON+
SimplyLowry
SimplyLowry
Patron+
Ratings
38 1
i will say if drops are ever enabled in hades more then half the players wont go in im sorry like there is maybe 3 or 4 people who want drops enabled so they can ruin kids days and throw their shit in lava its terrible everything else i could agree with but drops being enabled will just cause the community to hate hades even more then we do now

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Thanks for the acknowledgment:)
I'm very impressed with the hades interpretation.
I agree there should be no void. It's the same issue as on kitpvp and I don't know how after this much complaining it seemed like a good idea. I think lava would be great, and a bit out into the pool some kind of barrier blocks border.
The only thing I don't really agree with is player drops. The majority of players prefer to keep their items, which is why I proposed an area where people drop items. But it's really a challenge to find a good in-between and I was never bothered by dropping items.

I wish staff with the ability to make changes were active enough to realize the problems and fix them. I hope that at some point these issues will be addressed.
If you ever feel inspired, it'd be pretty awesome to see what you could make for other hades layers *Nudge nudge*

gay

Dedicated Member
PATRON
ooggay
ooggay
Patron
Ratings
130 5
The only thing I don't really agree with is player drops. The majority of players prefer to keep their items, which is why I proposed an area where people drop items. But it's really a challenge to find a good in-between and I was never bothered by dropping items.
Making a new pvp area isn’t going to be the same as turn off keepinv. LITERALLY no one on atlas is gonna go to the pvp warp

Simply

PATRON
Simplly
Simplly
Patron
Ratings
112 7
Thanks for the acknowledgment:)
I'm very impressed with the hades interpretation.
I agree there should be no void. It's the same issue as on kitpvp and I don't know how after this much complaining it seemed like a good idea. I think lava would be great, and a bit out into the pool some kind of barrier blocks border.

I wish staff with the ability to make changes were active enough to realize the problems and fix them. I hope that at some point these issues will be addressed.
If you ever feel inspired, it'd be pretty awesome to see what you could make for other hades layers *Nudge nudge*
I've been thinking about making more layers ;)

but as for keep inventory being enabled, it really is a "high reward, no risk" sort of deal. perhaps holy white scrolls could be obtained another way rather than buying w/ souls? if keep inventory is something staff aren't willing to disable, i feel there needs to be some sort of punishment for dying.

gay

Dedicated Member
PATRON
ooggay
ooggay
Patron
Ratings
130 5
atlas has like 10 players....
i dont think this new pvp area would work on aether either. only people in lucky are gonna pull up and these lucky armor fights last for hours. everyone is gonna find out that it's pointless to fight there and the warp is gonna die in a day

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
343 38
I love the interpretations used, fits very well with the theme :D

1. Love it. Makes perfect sense, looks great, +1
2. I agree with this if it's only magma and mob loot that drops, I do not agree with SVA's dropping. I like the safe platform a lot better than what we have now and your build of it looks great, Overall +0.5
3. You explained it really well and given that #2 is added, +1
4. Also love it. Makes perfect sense again and would look really cool, +1
5. Agree with all except the only comment I'll make is perhaps the sell safe zone could be the safe platform in #2

I hope to see these considered in the future, probably won't be anytime soon since this would be a big update to Hades but I love it :D