Chat Cooldown

HiddenPixelz

MVP+
HiddenPixelz
HiddenPixelz
MVP+
Ratings
As a fan of Manacube, the one thing that gets under my skin is spammers, advertisers, and people/bots that post suspicious links such as the common "bitly" spam that plagues the community today. I hardly see anything proactive done to combat this problem. Yes, the mods do a fantastic job at taking action, but what if there was a way to slow, or inconvenience the offender(s)?

That's why I'm proposing a chat cooldown system. But a cooldown system for players who have under one hour of playtime on the server universally. The system isn't made to stop the spam, but it's there to possibly slowdown and inconvenience the offender(s). With this system in place, it is my hope that it'll give the real players a better chance at notifying staff about the problem and disrupt the flooding/death of the chat. With most offenders being new with zero hours on the server. I think this will help a bit. At least more then what's being done right now, that I know of.

Let me know what you think about the cooldown system, and possible ideas to be added onto what I currently have.

Ratings
I think It's a pretty good idea actually, however It doesn't seem to be the highest priority, since those kind of bots maybe happen once every 4-7 days, which is pretty uncommon. Still a great idea in my opinion!

Ratings
This sounds like a great idea! I agree that these offenders don't come very often, but a system like this would really help the chat when they do!

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
I really like this idea, I think it would do great with preventing trolls and/or bots.
I recommend adding this onto the official suggestion page here so that it can be reviewed faster!