Chat Moderation Ideas

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
If you don't know, I'm not staff, so I don't know if these things exist for sure, but there are sparse things that I don't know about existing on Mana. So here are some things that I don't think exist but would be helpful if they did.

Especially now with Olympus being on 1.16 while game modes like Kitpvp are on 1.8, I think something like /chatchannel (gamemdoe) that switches the staffs chat to the game mode would be helpful. Although unlikely for this situation to happen where no staff can get on that server, I don't see why to not have this.

Some kind of /nickoff that disables all nicknames in chat for the viewer. I guess this would be helpful for players too, but that would kind of take away from the perk of having /nick. This would make it much more clear of who is saying what for the user.

I know chat logs for conversations and such have been a trouble in multiple occasions, so some kind of log that tracks all chat messages and commands run by every on a game mode. Without going into detail, I know that the logs my alts produce are better at solving many issues than what staff currently use. From my very little experience running a server, I've learned that there are server logs that do this, but that also has many other things that are in it. And I'm sure that's not necessarily something all staff need to see.
The chat logs that I have now are set up to look like "[date] [time] [chat] [name] [message]" or for example "2021-03-25 21:27:30 Chat SSM_GOD: Hi sexies"
The feature would show everything that happened in chronological order on that game mode, so it may look like "2021-03-25 21:27:30 message SSM_GOD to SSM_GODDESS: Hi sexy".
I imagine this being on a database accessible on a website and maybe in-game too.
I guess this one is hard to explain if you're not staff, but oh well, you're not staff ;D

JASO0ON

Forum Legend
ELITE
JASO0ON
JASO0ON
ELITE
Ratings
344 101
Hey! I find your post interesting. The first idea is good as it would be way easier without switching versions. I think the second idea shouldn't be implemented accept from mods as it ruins the nick.

Best wishes,
Jason