Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
I don't know how to say it with words but here is the plan:

Without this, you will get this scenario: *guy comes on spams n word gets banned*

WITH THIS NEW IDEA you will get this: *guy comes on, either gives up or takes the time to rank up and only then does he spam the n word*
honestly I think this is genius and you guys should employ me as head staff or whatever is the highest thing

Should mention that the threshold should in no case be above skilled.

trashthetic

ELITE
trashthetic
trashthetic
ELITE
Ratings
81 6
andrew this is a genius idea ngl like.. make noob ranks complete a minimum of however many courses or make them rank up so they can talk in chat and it can solve bot swarming problems and stuff

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
This is a pretty good idea! I do think if you prestige and go back to noob you still should be able to chat

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
This is a pretty good idea! I do think if you prestige and go back to noob you still should be able to chat
if you prestige, you probably wont be noob for very long, so it wont really matter.

i know this idea has been thrown around before, and people say "but what if they need help and need to ask a mod?" then its difficult, because any chat channel that is not restricted will get spammed when that-other-server goes down and the server is flooded. idk if trolls spam /helpop or /msg staff, but they would a lot more if they couldnt talk in main chat.

if this idea is implemented, then there would need to be a tutorial section of spawn clearly marked where people can easily read anything they need to know until they get skilled rank, or whatever the threshold is. the most common questions people ask are "how to hide other players?, how to hide chat?, why cant i do adventure maps? (because people apparently cant read), and how to rank up?". if there was a thing at the bottom of the screen (where it currently says 'you are playing on manacube.net) or in tab that if people need help they can go to the tutorial with /tutorial or smth, then it could work.

tl;dr: people will still need help to start, so build a tutorial.
(but i do really like the idea. noobs spamming is annoying af)

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
if you prestige, you probably wont be noob for very long, so it wont really matter.

i know this idea has been thrown around before, and people say "but what if they need help and need to ask a mod?" then its difficult, because any chat channel that is not restricted will get spammed when that-other-server goes down and the server is flooded. idk if trolls spam /helpop or /msg staff, but they would a lot more if they couldnt talk in main chat.

if this idea is implemented, then there would need to be a tutorial section of spawn clearly marked where people can easily read anything they need to know until they get skilled rank, or whatever the threshold is. the most common questions people ask are "how to hide other players?, how to hide chat?, why cant i do adventure maps? (because people apparently cant read), and how to rank up?". if there was a thing at the bottom of the screen (where it currently says 'you are playing on manacube.net) or in tab that if people need help they can go to the tutorial with /tutorial or smth, then it could work.

True! Reading this made me rethink this whole idea.

terryZ_

SrMod | Coordinator
Senior Mod
terryZ_
terryZ_
Senior Mod
Ratings
185 11
i like the idea to prevent people just spamming chat in parkour - alternatives would be things like:

-amount of playtime before being able to chat
-instead of completely disabling chat just slow down no of messages (e.g 1 message per 3-5 seconds for noobs)
-x amount of jumps before allowing to chat (would be obvious if there were bots/people just jumping just to chat)

Once_Upon_A_Mine

VIP
Once_Upon_A_Mine
Once_Upon_A_Mine
VIP
Ratings
49 3
i like the idea to prevent people just spamming chat in parkour - alternatives would be things like:

-amount of playtime before being able to chat
-instead of completely disabling chat just slow down no of messages (e.g 1 message per 3-5 seconds for noobs)
-x amount of jumps before allowing to chat (would be obvious if there were bots/people just jumping just to chat)
I agree with terry's suggestion. It seems so much better because for some people it can be a lot harder to rank up from noob to rookie whereas a set amount of playtime means less trolls while allowing those people who still may find it difficult to rank up still have a chance.

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7

(but i do really like the idea. noobs spamming is annoying af)
When they try to speak in chat it could give a warning that says they can’t speak until they rank up for safety reasons and if they have any concerns or questions they can either use /helpop or join the discord etc.

terryZ_

SrMod | Coordinator
Senior Mod
terryZ_
terryZ_
Senior Mod
Ratings
185 11
i really don't think not permitting noobs to chat is a good idea - i haven't heard of a server where they don't allow new players to chat just to prevent spam...

another alternative would be to let linked discord accounts chat or accounts that have voted but i strongly disagree against completely preventing new players to not have the ability to chat

plus i think sil is a noob on parkour (unless she rankedup recently) so i guess she can't chat if this goes thru LOL

Emee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Emeenem
Emeenem
ELITE
Ratings
Permanent slowmode for lower ranked players perhaps? Let only higher rank and donators talk freely? (also 4 seconds is not enough imo for slowmode to actually be useful)

Another solution would be a secondary chat for donators only but lets face it. We've begged for that before and its never come to fruition.

Ratings

Without this, you will get this scenario: *guy comes on spams n word gets banned*

WITH THIS NEW IDEA you will get this: *guy comes on, either gives up or takes the time to rank up and only then does he spam the n word*
honestly I think this is genius and you guys should employ me as head staff or whatever is the highest thing

absolutely ingenious, it makes total sense, I hope this happens soon :>

terryZ_

SrMod | Coordinator
Senior Mod
terryZ_
terryZ_
Senior Mod
Ratings
185 11
Permanent slowmode for lower ranked players perhaps? Let only higher rank and donators talk freely? (also 4 seconds is not enough imo for slowmode to actually be useful)

Another solution would be a secondary chat for donators only but lets face it. We've begged for that before and its never come to fruition.
discord donators vc is always an option but adding a chat for that aswell for both discord + ig would be nice

Ratings

I 100% agree with this! Too often do I look in chat and see people come in the server and immediately spam random characters/offensive things.

Emee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Emeenem
Emeenem
ELITE
Ratings
discord donators vc is always an option but adding a chat for that aswell for both discord + ig would be nice
not everyone who is donator on the server has discord, let alone microphones to speak in vc

terryZ_

SrMod | Coordinator
Senior Mod
terryZ_
terryZ_
Senior Mod
Ratings
185 11
not everyone who is donator on the server has discord, let alone microphones to speak in vc
yeah agreed - if they do add the idea of a donator ig chat wonder what command they'd use, something like /channel [channel name] e.g. all, donors or something along those lines? would be neat if they implemented that

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
patrons get a global chat channel, why not a local donator one too?

Juandacun

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Juandacun
Juandacun
ELITE
Ratings
79 9
I honestly dont feel it should be meassured OR unlocked the privilege of chatting by the game rank, as you all may know, rank doesnt matter.
In my case ive seen people get to SKILLED rank without even having a single point of score, and which i also noticed, was simply a person BEGGING for mana.

What i recommend for FIXING this idea (which is great, not going to lie) is unlocking the chat in base of the HOURS played in the individual PARKOUR server.

This will allow to make the chat less propense to be spammed but also try to "avoid" the usage of alts or group spams.

Now, for the limit of hours until an user could unlock the chat, i'd recommend it being 5 HOURS, as at least 2 hours (or less) is the average new player in the server (or thats what ive seen so far) in 2 days (if its a new active player) you should get the chat unlocked, and for less often players they would be able to get the access at least in 1 week.

Now, 1 more detail, this method could also allow mods to have more control on the chat when situations like what we see daily and control it by not having to be worried about new accounts logging in to spam or bots being SUMMONED to raid the server.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Or we could just have some smartass coder make it so noobs can still chat but they'll be in a separate chat channel for a certain amount of hours or until they rank up then they will get access to all chat Rookie-champion/donator ranks chat. Noobs with donator ranks don't need access to the "Noob chat" the only people that would get access is Mod's at all times.