Chunks not Loading.

JavaElite

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JavaElite
JavaElite
ELITE
Ratings
I recently joined Hyrule, which if you don't know is a massive beautiful town filled with spectacular builds and details. I'm making this thread today not only for myself but for others who are experiencing the same issue. (I'm assuming there are others)

I cant experience the beauty of Hyrule due to me being able to only load a set amount of chunks, no matter what I do to change my render distance in settings.

I believe the feature is in place to prevent mass spawner loading, and lag, but I was curious if there was a fix out there for this. By fix I mean visual only not spawner performance.

No rush, just a minor inconvenience and a question.

Thanks for taking the time,

-Java

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Hello,

I’ve noticed this being brought up a lot, so I will definitely make a point to report this to the admins in hopes it can be looked into. However, to reload your chunks, press F3 + A, and that should help you see them properly.

Hope this helps!
Have a nice day/night.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Hello,
I know that the server does have a set render distance to reduce lag. Although this used to be 8 chunks, I think it was upped recently. I don't know what it is right now, but I do believe its about 16.

If you're referring to the weird glitch thing where chunks appear to be huge empty black holes, try switching your version. I was playing on 1.14.4 and had this issue, but once I switched to 1.12.2 it was fixed. I believe it has to do with the updated chunk rendering methods in newer Minecraft versions, and how they don't exactly match the older 1.12 methods.
Hope this makes sense and gives a short term fix to this recent problem.

SSM

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
how does one manually load in a chunk?
Walk around so they load. The chunk loading limit is 16 I'm pretty sure if you walk around you will be able to load in Hyrule and as long as you don't tpa away it will stay loaded in.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
You could always make a world download and explore the base in single player
I really need to get a wld of IslaNublar but mods are annoying on IOS devices or at least they have for me

Ratings
Raptor, I'm noting on /wild walkabouts that manually loaded chunks seem to go as far as the eye can see (a ridiculous distance) as I look back behind me.
I was always under the impression that on MP/Server setups, total drawdistance would be clipped at 16(?) chunks, no matter what client is set to. Is this correct? Or am I drinking cactus juice?

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Raptor, I'm noting on /wild walkabouts that manually loaded chunks seem to go as far as the eye can see (a ridiculous distance) as I look back behind me.
I was always under the impression that on MP/Server setups, total drawdistance would be clipped at 16(?) chunks, no matter what client is set to. Is this correct? Or am I drinking cactus juice?
You are correct the render distance is clipped at 16 blocks however chunks can be seen but aren't "loaded" so mobs will not spawn you will not be able to see players in those previously rendered chunks outside 18 chunks. So yeah you're right! Hope what I said makes sense!

Ratings
totally makes sense!!
Yes, beyond "technical drawdistance", update-ables won't be updated...

Just amazing to me I can see junk 20+ chunks away when I'm exploring....