BluePottwal

Dedicated Member
ELITE
BluePottwal
BluePottwal
ELITE
Ratings
163 12
Hi, after a long time i have decided to build a map again.
Creators: BluePottwal, smg_fabianyt, smg_jairoyt
Map name: CityBus
Difficulty: Hard ( 64 Jumps 6 Checkpoints)
Plot: BluePottwal 5 (/plot v BluePottwal 5 for everyone who doesnt know the command)
2020-07-02_21.06.30.png
2020-07-02_20.59.35.png
2020-07-02_21.00.12.png

Hope u enjoy it!:D And let me know ur feedback!

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
Hey blue o/

As promised here's what I think after testing your map. Again, sorry for not telling you this right away. Regarding the build, it's ok. You definitely could have detailed it a little better both outside and inside but the most important thing for me at least is that I can tell what it is (in this case a bus). Right now it just seems like a bunch of squares making a bigger picture together. As for the parkour, I am pretty sure it doesn't match the hard difficulty. This is, in my opinion, expert material with some jumps reaching the insane difficulty. (Those 2 trapdoors I told you about). Furthermore, it felt like at times it was getting too annoying to do the parkour. There were a few jumps here and there (like that fence jump I showed you) that were frustrating to do. I suggest nerfing some of them to make the parkour more enjoyable. Another great way to make a parkour map more fun is by adding slime jumps. I believe I only saw one or two slime jumps. Add some more! Other than that the variety was also ok, the only time it felt a bit repetitive was when I was parkouring around the seats and that's because the only way to get past them was either by the side or by jumping on that greyish clay in between the yellow parts. Nonetheless, very nice effort! Good job :)

Note that the map judge might not have the same opinion as me so make sure you get more feedback

Good luck :D

BluePottwal

Dedicated Member
ELITE
BluePottwal
BluePottwal
ELITE
Ratings
163 12
Hey blue o/

As promised here's what I think after testing your map. Again, sorry for not telling you this right away. Regarding the build, it's ok. You definitely could have detailed it a little better both outside and inside but the most important thing for me at least is that I can tell what it is (in this case a bus). Right now it just seems like a bunch of squares making a bigger picture together. As for the parkour, I am pretty sure it doesn't match the hard difficulty. This is, in my opinion, expert material with some jumps reaching the insane difficulty. (Those 2 trapdoors I told you about). Furthermore, it felt like at times it was getting too annoying to do the parkour. There were a few jumps here and there (like that fence jump I showed you) that were frustrating to do. I suggest nerfing some of them to make the parkour more enjoyable. Another great way to make a parkour map more fun is by adding slime jumps. I believe I only saw one or two slime jumps. Add some more! Other than that the variety was also ok, the only time it felt a bit repetitive was when I was parkouring around the seats and that's because the only way to get past them was either by the side or by jumping on that greyish clay in between the yellow parts. Nonetheless, very nice effort! Good job :)

Note that the map judge might not have the same opinion as me so make sure you get more feedback

Good luck :D
Thank u George! I already nerfed the fence jump earlier... Removed the trapdoors and nerfed a few jumps (Like the 1 from the Ladder to the wall at the entrance of the bus. There are still a few hard jumps for a hard map, but i want it to be a "harder" hard map! also made the path go under the seats as well... (Wont change much, but i dont see an other chanche of changing the parkour path. ) Also added 2 more slime jumps:D But pay attention: They arent as easy as u may think:D Nonetheless i have set the Checkpoints before the "hard" jumps. With detailed more the outside u mean using different blocks? Cause i dont know if it would look good having multiple colors on the sides. Anyway Thanks for the feedback!:D

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello BluePottwal, smg_fabianyt, and smg_jairoyt,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is a bit unoriginal, as we currently already have a few bus maps that are similar in build (BattleBus, KnightBus, BattleBusPK.)
The build is decently accurate to what you were going for. However, it could be improved with some more details, as it seems a bit plain on both the inside and outside.
The parkour is the main concern. There is a
decent amount of variety throughout, so good job on that. I understand that your intention was for this to be a "harder hard map." However, it is too hard for the hard difficulty, and too short to be turned into an expert, so I recommend nerfing some jumps throughout (I will label some particularly tricky ones below)
1593884951459.png

1593885156811.png

1593885263971.png

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.