SpiroTech

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
SpiroTech
SpiroTech
Patron+
Ratings
Hey,

Unfortunately, your map is unlikely to get accepted, as maps that are made up of floating blocks are not accepted anymore. A main build is required. Additionally, there has to be a theme that is original. Good luck on future maps though!

-Spiro

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey mutleyboy99,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: You didn't really pick out a theme for your map/none is really portrayed through it given what was built. I recommend that in the future when you submit maps that you pick out a valid theme first and then work from there. If you need help or have to double-check that your theme hasn't been taken, utilize this guide/list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ceq24iMH_3Ax3revUO3yzO0a6YkCEDuMWxCbIj6Mg2Q/edit#gid=0 .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build was executed very well as I see no real build. It's all just parkour. Parkour can't carry your map singe-handily, we need a central build as well. A build is what really portrays your theme and brings in the player, not the parkour. The parkour is the aspect of entertainment within your map. You can't have one without the other, that's how it works on here. So, remember to make a central build and integrate your parkour into it.
  • Parkour: The parkour was both easy enough and long enough for the easy difficulty, good job there. But, I found it to be very linear and exploitable. Regarding the former, you basically used the same glass block jump throughout your map with some differences here and there. Overall, it was very repetitive. We don't want that, we want you to use all of the jumps/blocks you can come up with for your parkour. Make it fresh and exciting! And, regarding the exploitability, you can easily skip sections in your map as you didn't use barriers.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.