COINKYDINK ??? i think not !

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
im worried tbhonest
im scared that when oylmpus resets that there wont be no one to play cause where are the players ? where did they go? why arent there new ppl?
i decided to do the math.
by no means is this me saying MANACUBE IS DYING. blah blah blah its not. just some statistics and correlation, and likely causation.
this post in sponsored by Big Numbers
to me it appears that voting is responsible for the loss of peak players
made at, on, or around, june 2021 voting and /gary were removed and replaced with /cow
let alone cow not giving as much rewards, it reduces player traffic to the server
why was voting good?
-it advertised the server.
-new players had a chance at the game (joining any time after a few months into a season makes it nearly impossible to catch up. getting vote rewards gave new players just enough of a bump to get going.)
-it strengthened the cubit eco (new players had a chance to get cubits. others gained a change to buy those cubits and put them to work. current eco is starved and it ruins the mana eco and drives players away. evi: current oly)

1669319974904.png

https://activeplayer.io/minecraft/
manacube monthly peak player count is from every monthly post since jan 2019 found in announcements
cow update
this graph took a long time to make
the blue line represents the peak player count on manacube in each month. orange is peak minecraft users online at once times 1000 (cause a lot of extra typing). you really jus need to look at the ratios between the lines here. the grey shading shows the time after voting was removed.
as disaplyed beautifuly in the graph above, as soon as voting is removed, peak player count drops by a thousand. it rebounds but then drops more than a thousand. it then stays low and struggles to climb. Meanwhile... you can see peak minecraft player count continues to increase. minecraft continued to climb higher than ever in history while manacube declined.
people often claims manacubes player count has decreased since end of 2021 because "people went back to their lives after covid " but you can clearly see that they didnt. they only left manacube.

based on google trengs:
1669269312205.png minecraft
1669269351812.png popular minecraft server
1669269384086.png manacube
(graphs customized date range: 1/1/19 - 11/1/22)
well firstly, the manacube trends graph is wonky due to how google tracks search frequency, google trends is based on relativity of frequency of a search to another search. but jus look carefully at the general trend bit by bit.
based on the trends seen in the graph, for the first 4/5 of the time you can see that all trends display the same search frequency. however, once it gets to the last 1/5 you can see manacube differs in that it does not have the up same spike. this means that people are not searching for manacube as frequently as theyre searching for other networks. the next question is why is that? i believe players aren't being informed of the network. not enough advertising. not enough voting.

dont, but if you were to search for "popular minecraft networks" youll likely would find a list of the servers rated and voted and ranked by popularity. manacube used to be on the first page!! just a bit ago when i checked it barely made the second. nobody scrolls to the second page unless theyre specificly looking for something- and that is to see where their server lands.

i suggests we bring back voting.

ty for reading ssm's manacube science mega blog again

skydude1234

Dedicated Member
MVP
skydude1234
skydude1234
MVP
Ratings
52 25
The problem is that most people are afk so you never know if a realm is really dead, and there's like 9 realms and 1 infinity/anarchy, and so the distribution of players between them is always kinda weird, so one day there could be 60 players on for example islands, and then the next day 30 players, because the players moved to another realm, of which right now is apparently earth. The problem with people moving between realms, is that for example if you are dedicated to islands and love playing there with other players, when suddenly there's no one there anymore and most people moved to another realm, of which you don't play in and then makes you leave the server because no one is on the only realm that you play on.

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
The problem is that most people are afk so you never know if a realm is really dead, and there's like 9 realms and 1 infinity/anarchy, and so the distribution of players between them is always kinda weird, so one day there could be 60 players on for example islands, and then the next day 30 players, because the players moved to another realm, of which right now is apparently earth. The problem with people moving between realms, is that for example if you are dedicated to islands and love playing there with other players, when suddenly there's no one there anymore and most people moved to another realm, of which you don't play in and then makes you leave the server because no one is on the only realm that you play on.
Honestly I completely agree with this. This was literally Earth last season as a result of the other realms getting attention and Earth not getting enough, and now the same thing is probably going to happen to Islands for the same reasons

skydude1234

Dedicated Member
MVP
skydude1234
skydude1234
MVP
Ratings
52 25
Honestly I completely agree with this. This was literally Earth last season as a result of the other realms getting attention and Earth not getting enough, and now the same thing is probably going to happen to Islands for the same reasons
:) finally someone agrees with me

skydude1234

Dedicated Member
MVP
skydude1234
skydude1234
MVP
Ratings
52 25
Also anyone know wtf is happening with factions? 1 day it was dead, the next it had 60 players and now its dead again

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,718 83
We buy ads/sponsored listings on the big vote sites every month, so there’s no point in having voting too, we wouldn’t get any additional joins. (Sponsored listings get 10x more joins than a regular top 5 listing from votes)

Minecraft multiplayer had a resurgence in late 2019 and then another boom in 2020/2021 mainly due to covid, WFH, lockdowns.
The activeplayer.io website data is first of all made up, but also unrelated to java multiplayer. Hypickle has been a good representation of java popularity for the last 7 years, if you compare manas player count trend to that, they look very similar

pctrend.png

I do agree with points you made though.

Part of removing voting was to slow down cubits entering circulation, since it was doubling every year. I’m not an economist but that doesn’t seem healthy long term. After the changes we did in 2021 cubits in circulation only rose 18% over 1 year. This does seems too strict, especially considering inactive cubits. I think adding streak bonuses to cash cow would be a good start.

We also haven’t had any major resets besides Earth since summertime. No excuse here can definitely be doing better, however lot of improvements and groundwork still have been made behind the scenes for future content and growth during this time.
Some nice updates (and advertising outside of vote sites) coming December :)

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,176 288
We buy ads/sponsored listings on the big vote sites every month, so there’s no point in having voting too, we wouldn’t get any additional joins. (Sponsored listings get 10x more joins than a regular top 5 listing from votes)

Minecraft multiplayer had a resurgence in late 2019 and then another boom in 2020/2021 mainly due to covid, WFH, lockdowns.
The activeplayer.io website data is first of all made up, but also unrelated to java multiplayer. Hypickle has been a good representation of java popularity for the last 7 years, if you compare manas player count trend to that, they look very similar

View attachment 64413

Part of removing voting was to slow down cubits entering circulation, since it was doubling every year. I’m not an economist but that doesn’t seem healthy long term. After the changes we did in 2021 cubits in circulation only rose 18% over 1 year. This does seems too strict, especially considering inactive cubits. I think adding streak bonuses to cash cow would be a good start.

We also haven’t had any major resets besides Earth since summertime. No excuse here can definitely be doing better, however lot of improvements and groundwork still have been made behind the scenes for future content and growth during this time.
omg im your biggest fan

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,176 288

View attachment 64413

but pls dont filter evade by using that name and promoting other servers

skydude1234

Dedicated Member
MVP
skydude1234
skydude1234
MVP
Ratings
52 25
wow.
we managed to get xDacon to reply to this
Also we all call hypixel hypickle :)
"Some nice updates (and advertising outside of vote sites) coming December :)"
Is islands update finally coming?
Is mana finally gonna do SOMETHING with islands
How bout infinity/anarchy?
Kitpvp reset kinda already got leaked, but still
Also PLEASE JUST FIX KING BENNY ITS LITERALLY RIGGED PLZ FIX IT

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,176 288

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47

View attachment 64413

ty for reply. informational, useful, and helpful
i didnt know about activeplayer.io being fictional but it makes sense now. i desperately miss my 25$ monthly voucher from vote top

a streak bonus, separate from manalevel, would be nice. But additionally perhaps you can increase the rewards gotten from cow crates? i made a post about the rewards here: https://manacube.com/threads/didnt-ask-but-i-tell-you-about-cubits.77398/