rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
I am here to talk about the color codes available on Olympus.

I understand why they have become restricted this season but I believe a second chance is only fair. There was some abuse with the unlimited characters with renaming items but that was also because of donors being able to [item] x8 per message every mintue which has now been taken care of. Even myself was muted for iteming the pieces of evidence :^) . Now to my knowledge Skyblock, Islands, and Survival have access to all color codes including bold, italics, underline, and &k (the squiggly letters and numbers). I am pretty sure all color codes were enabled at the beginning of the season or some players put named items into the reset vault so some players do have bolded items, none of the spam ones <33

All I am saying is that Olympus is a prison server and not being able to rename your pickaxe, or anything really, to a badass name is kinda boring. 30 characters with color codes can not come up with something interesting, I can not even rainbowtize my ign! So I am hoping this forums post can either change the mind of the staff to allow us to have unlimited characters and all color codes again or to be told why that will just not happen again.

I am not saying to change the rules of nicknames, I may complain but I fully understand why nicknames are kept to a limit.

Thank you,
rangedhealer77

If I said something off or would like to discuss in more detail message my discord: @ranged#5396

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
All that’s really changed about the colour codes is that you can no longer use bold, italics, underline (which technically is not allowed anywhere in nicknames at least), and the fancy moving font.

In all honesty, the fact this was removed makes the holiday pickaxes/items and the items brought over from season one with bold and fancy names even more rare, as you mentioned.

While I completely understand the frustration, in season one there was many opportunities for players to stop abusing the use of [item] and the name limit(s), even switching the punishment from getting warnings, to just straight mutes didn’t seem to stop it happening. Ultimately I don’t believe this is why there are restrictions with the formats you can use, but I do believe it played a part in it.

The character limit for nicknames has always been the same length, but it can become relatively floody if the player has an unnecessarily long nicknames, and same goes for item names. These are perks which players pay for yes, and are very much entitled to use - but this doesn’t mean they can be abused, as some players from season one will remember, someone who decided to abuse their perks, ended up getting them revoked.

Of course! Have fun, name your items what you wish as long as they’re appropriate!... but I personally don’t see the need in having a pickaxe with a novel for a name.

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
All that’s really changed about the colour codes is that you can no longer use bold, italics, underline (which technically is not allowed anywhere in nicknames at least), and the fancy moving font.

In all honesty, the fact this was removed makes the holiday pickaxes/items and the items brought over from season one with bold and fancy names even more rare, as you mentioned.

While I completely understand the frustration, in season one there was many opportunities for players to stop abusing the use of [item] and the name limit(s), even switching the punishment from getting warnings, to just straight mutes didn’t seem to stop it happening. Ultimately I don’t believe this is why there are restrictions with the formats you can use, but I do believe it played a part in it.

The character limit for nicknames has always been the same length, but it can become relatively floody if the player has an unnecessarily long nicknames, and same goes for item names. These are perks which players pay for yes, and are very much entitled to use - but this doesn’t mean they can be abused, as some players from season one will remember, someone who decided to abuse their perks, ended up getting them revoked.

Of course! Have fun, name your items what you wish as long as they’re appropriate!... but I personally don’t see the need in having a pickaxe with a novel for a name.
I do understand all that has been stated, just as the way S2 is going the new players are highly outweighing the old players and I want the new players go be able to experience all the features! If only one perk could be granted it be getting permission for all color codes the limit, even being 30 characters along with color codes, I do understand and can learn to deal with.

Thank you for the feedback hallows, master mod <3

Last edited: