Community Designed Crates/Rewards?

Would you like to see community made Crates or Seasonal items?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Depends (Feel free to comment why below)

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Josh - MobDrops

ELITE
MobDrops
MobDrops
ELITE
Ratings
Wouldn't it be cool to see community voted crates in rotation?
It could possibly be implemented in a few ways aaand be pretty beneficial to both the community and team at Manacube...

One possible example of implementation is through hosting it as a competition!:
Players will have a month to design their own style of crates based off of given themes and maybe possibly even the rewards included.(As in the exlusive cosmetics and svas)
Could be completely themeless as well and give another approach to design the entire month's theme from the ground up.

Winner's get either decided by vote from community or staff. Or both :p & Hosted on discord for maximum interaction.

What do you think? Share your thoughts and suggestions by replying!
Also give me a read & vote!

Dooble

Dedicated Member
QA Team
doobix
doobix
QA Team
Ratings
246 9
they tried that

we got the banana crate

it didnt go well

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I think the thing with community voted crates is that unless there's server wide support behind one, you can never fully make everyone happy. There are a lot of awesome crate ideas that I have seen members of the community talk about, so maybe if the new SrMod for crates is inclined to go to the community for feedback on crate ideas, then there is now more potential for community ideas to make it into crates more often.

they tried that

we got the banana crate

it didnt go well
The banana crate is a prime example of you can never fully make everyone happy. A lot of people liked the banana crate (as far as I sensed anyway) and even though it seemed like a silly idea, it had tags etc that were generally aPEELing (hehehe) and the 3D model work in crates is always pretty nice but parkour never gets use of the cool models most of the time, since a lot of people still don't use higher versions...

I don't think we will get another community idea crate anytime soon, but I do like the competition idea. The thing with ManaCube competitions is if they are solely player voted, good ideas by non-donators often get overlooked. It would probably have to be Swrds and other staff selecting what ideas the dev team could work with.

Josh - MobDrops

ELITE
MobDrops
MobDrops
ELITE
Ratings
... I do like the competition idea. The thing with ManaCube competitions is if they are solely player voted, good ideas by non-donators often get overlooked. It would probably have to be Swrds and other staff selecting what ideas the dev team could work with.
I get why that would happen in theory but I have very rarely seen that. In my own experience (outside of Manacube playerbase) Design based competitions are always primary no matter top-player bias. Because majority of your voters will be the "bottom" half of the "popular bunch" if that makes sense. So bias gets flattened to a much smaller percentage than most imagine.
Say you have 500 participants voting amongst 20 designs.
50 of these 500 are really well known/popular people and the rest of the 90% are your average to newbies and ghosts.
Now lets say 70 people out of the 450 "90%ers" vote in favor of bias. This still leaves you with 76% of community that is purely voting on the top design.

Then you throw in your staff and in the end the results are usually as balanced as these community types go.

Swrds

Admin | Content Developer
Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
605 6
so maybe if the new SrMod for crates is inclined to go to the community for feedback on crate ideas
Community feedback and ideas are very important to me. I've been speaking to a lot players in game and via Discord about ideas for crates and many of these have been already been implemented and there are many more to come ;)
My Discord dms are always open if you have suggestions for crate themes or content on any realm. After all, you guys are the ones that buy the crates so you will always have the best insight. I've loved all the suggestions I've received so far :)

Also, a community crate is definitely a possibility for the future!

rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
Wouldn't it be cool to see community voted crates in rotation?
It could possibly be implemented in a few ways aaand be pretty beneficial to both the community and team at Manacube...

One possible example of implementation is through hosting it as a competition!:
Players will have a month to design their own style of crates based off of given themes and maybe possibly even the rewards included.(As in the exlusive cosmetics and svas)
Could be completely themeless as well and give another approach to design the entire month's theme from the ground up.

Winner's get either decided by vote from community or staff. Or both :p & Hosted on discord for maximum interaction.

What do you think? Share your thoughts and suggestions by replying!
Also give me a read & vote!
The banana crate was that and it was awful so dont think so