Crates on Olympus

Ancastal

ELITE
Ancastal
Ancastal
ELITE
Ratings
6 1
The revamp of non-monthly crates (Legendary Crate, Ancient Crate, Perk Crate, Elite Crate) on Olympus was not needed and not appreciated by many players. The new rewards are not worth anything and they are clearly not thought to be added to the Olympus gamemode.
I will explain myself further, keeping in mind that every crate key costs 5 USD:
  1. Spawners are not worth anything in Olympus and this is the reason why common spawners were never included as crate rewards before the change. After the change, spawners have been added to all the crates and they fill 25% of the ancient crate, thus making it worthless. In some crates, spawners are tagged as "legendary drops" but they shouldn't even be common drops, according to anyone who has ever played Olympus.

2. Some items have different names. Dragon Fruits included in the crates are labeled as "Magic Bombs". Infinity Chests are labeled as "Sell Chests". They no longer have a bold name and Sell Chest does not even have a description. Dragon Fruit's new description does not clearly describe its use. In short, some new rewards have been added with no attention to aesthetics (description, bold name, colour) and no attention to the actual name of the items in the Olympus gamemode. They should be replaced with the items that Olympus players are used to have.

3. Most of the new rewards included in the Perk Crate are not perks. The few actual perks included in the crate no longer have a "You can only win this once" description. Please, specify if they can be won once or more than once. If they can be won more than once, make them only winnable once.

4. Dragon Fruits should not be legendary drops in the crates. We are used to give them away for free or sell them for basically nothing because they are worthless. Replace them with something else. For reference, it's common to see a stack of Dragon Fruits in /ah for 10k-20k mana, making them worth 150 mana each. Thus, the value of the legendary drop (12 Dragon Fruits) is 1800 mana or 3600 mana. This amount of mana can be gained in one or two minutes of mining.

5. Dragon Fruits are displayed as an enchanted Gold Block in the Ancient Chest. They should be displayed as Dragon Fruits.

Olympus.png

Last edited:

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
It's come to my attention and brought forth to the table, proceedingly discusses by high-class members of the ManaCube Olympus committee, and concluded in the determination that the Olympus game mode, including both Aether and Atlas, on ManaCube has become the testing and bug dump for the other game modes on the server.
I've not seen one positive comment directed at the new crate system. There was already a big enough disruption in the community after the "new system" was released.
And now, there is another change to the crates. Legendary and Ancient crates used to have worth in the economy. Richer players who had them were able to sell them to newer players who would have a bigger reward from them. With no way to trade crates, this further strains the economy. This is nearly the same thing as the Soviet Union post WW2, and following history, it collapsed. Olympus is already in a terrifyingly fragile state as it is. Olympus used to be the top funding server, but because of the endless list of bugs, lack of care and attention, disregard for new bugs, continued and increased strain on resources, and economy, it has resulted in the game modes having, at times, 0 players online.
Promotional crates should not ever reward perk crates. An easy fix would be to give a 'random crate key' with possible ancient, legendary, vote, or promotional key(s).
The Perk crate should not have items in it. Things like night vision, rename, and perm flight should not be both perk crate rewards and rank rewards. And what the hell is a transmog scroll?????
I think the rewards from the legendary chest are okay-ish. It's better if the Legendary title and some chat colors are obtainable for free to play players.
The Ancient crate is also, okay-ish. I do like how trench tools have been added and are a decent rarity.
I think that perk, leg, and ancient crates should have their items be better classified with their % chance, and rarity. Suggestion: *red lights and sirens* ask active, interactive, experienced, and knowledgeable members to create a detailed list of better reward rates.

I do not like how there are diamond and gold harvester hoes now. I do not like how some harvester hoes come default at 3000 or 10000 when all us players have known is 20000 uses.
I do not like how there is no way to give players crates. You literally can not even gift them from the webstore. I suggest at least having some kind of crate withdrawal or something like /crate give (player) (type) (amount).

Thanks for reading another one of my ManaCube essays.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Thanks for your feedback. The crates have been reverted.
hello, i dont want to create a thing where crates become an issue, but i was under the impression that this thread was for fixing the rarity and drop chance of an item. I prefer the larger variety in the ancient and leg crates. i just wasnt too much a fan of those perk crates having items in it. most of my concern was from /crates and non physical keys as there is no way to sell them or give them away.
from my pov, it'd have been a better fix if only the rarity and drop rate were changed, and keys were reverted to physical or another way to give away / sell crates was added.

idk about them others tho

i do really appreciate the interactivity and work youve done and are doing. its really refreshing :')