ELITE
Samara__
Samara__
ELITE
Ratings
77 5
Creative Crates and Upgrades

An Idea We've Been Waiting For
Manacube Creative has been left in the dust for a while when it comes to bugfixes, crates, and upgrades. The Creative players have spoken and are done with worldedit bugs and glitches. And so, I have a solution; have Manacube Creative generate money so it is a priority for bug fixes. Meaning that time spent debugging is not a waste of money. Here are my ideas:
Crates
Crates in Creative would spice up chat by introducing new tags and chat colors and tempt non-ranks to buy these to become noticed.
Tags that you can achieve with mana such as [$Rich$] by reaching 1k mana, and [Nation] for claiming 50 plots (which cost mana). Tags that can be won in crates such as [XFailing], [Overachiever] and [Average] (which allude to grades). Chat colors may be rewarded in these crates as the basic colors besides orange since A+ is rewarded that. The crate chat colors may include rarer mixed chats such as White/Grey (This is an example), Orange/Yellow (This is an example), and Blue/Purple (This is an example). As to not make chat too colorful, these can be omitted.

Another addition to these crates would be mana prizes and plot prizes. Similar to claim and money prizes in other gamemodes. Depending on the price of the key, the amount of mana given might vary. The same can be said with the amount of plots since they also depend on mana.

To add on to that crates can also give commands for players to use as well. Examples might include perm /vanish, World Edit, Voxel Sniper, ArtMap, and /nc. These should be rare as if they were too common, they would take away the purpose of having grades.

Some extra things to include: Unlocking pets and disguises, temp commands, and temp join messages.

Upgrades and Fixes
Upgrades people! Upgrades! Creative has been upgraded, but a lot of things either broke or were missing. Here's a few suggestions.
Remove build battle completely. New members tend to ask about it. Its forgotten about and we need to either revamp it or toss it. On the same note about new members, every single one asks how to get a plot. If you take a look, the information when you /spawn is RIGHT ABOVE YOU. I must say it is very bad placement as no one can see it.
Concerning commands that people should be able to do, people should be able to mute shouts by /mshout or any other command. People should also get a warning message by the console when they try to /mana pay to a person that doesn't exist.

This is where we go down the list...
World Edit - The brushes are always off center. You must fly around and not move your mouse instead of staying still and moving your mouse to paint something. This goes for all brushes across all mods

Reactions - The scrambler says 1 mana, most of the time it doesn't even give you that. The wiki says its a feature; its not. Also, the featherboard (the thing on the right) does not count your scramblers.

/plot download - PEOPLE WANT TO SAVE THEIR PLOTS. It has been a long issue. People want their plots to be rendered also. Please please please fix this.

People lagging - This takes some explanation. People are reportedly using /clipboard to cause server wide lag.

The Portals at Spawn - The grade portals at spawn don't work.

Shop - When you hover your mouse over the plots option in /shop, it says you can buy as many plots as you wish. When you click the option into the interface, it says you can own 150 plots.

/lore - it says that VIP+ and up can /lore an item. As it turns it it says "Sorry you don't have permission for that material" for every block and item. Also, there is a comma between Sorry and you.

/Banner - It used to work, but now the command does nothing. No error message or anything

/rules - It is outdated. If you hover over the repeater in the UI, it redirects to http://minevast.com. That is outdated.

/Gadgets - Does nothing; no error message.

/glow - On the store it says I can. The command does nothing and the error is "Unknown command. Type "/help" for help.

/balloons - On the store it says I can. The command does nothing and the error is "Unknown command. Type "/help" for help.

All Vehicles - You can open up the UI to select from cars, brooms, ect but you cannot summon them.

Conclusion
In the end, people have been begging for Creative's bugs to be fixed. If a reason is given for why to bug fix Creative, (ie crates), then the server wouldn't be a waste to have a dev work on it. If you have any more suggestions, please reply below.

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
yes yes yes, bring back /lore, so i can lore all my items for my crates <3

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
The brushes are always off center. You must fly around and not move your mouse instead of staying still and moving your mouse to paint something. This goes for all brushes across all mods
This is due to the version Creative is in. W/E on 1.13.2 is a bit unreliable.
The scrambler says 1 mana, most of the time it doesn't even give you that. The wiki says its a feature; its not. Also, the featherboard (the thing on the right) does not count your scramblers.
There's a 50% chance to win mana, it says this in the scrambler as well.

I agree with the rest.

ShiftyWifty

VIP+
ShiftyWhifty
ShiftyWhifty
VIP+
Ratings
21 1
I love all the suggestions, but if I had to stress two points. It would be a worldedit/brush fix and a /plot download addition.
These two points will vastly improve the state of creative, and would either bring back a lot of good builders or attract a lot of new ones too.

I'm still surprised that so many years of creative existing, these two issues still exist. One can argue that these are fundamental parts of a creative server. Yet ManaCube makes no move to either acknowledge these issues, or do anything about them.

ShiftyWifty

VIP+
ShiftyWhifty
ShiftyWhifty
VIP+
Ratings
21 1
This is due to the version Creative is in. W/E on 1.13.2 is a bit unreliable.

I agree with the rest.
Apologies in advance, don't know the rule regarding double posting if there is one. Is there anything stopping a version upgrade for creative? 1.16 variants have W/E and all other plugins working normally.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Apologies in advance, don't know the rule regarding double posting if there is one. Is there anything stopping a version upgrade for creative? 1.16 variants have W/E and all other plugins working normally.
I'm not sure, you'll have to ask an admin. The w/e fix for 1.16 would be so useful.

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Concerning commands that people should be able to do, people should be able to mute shouts by /mshout or any other command.
Not going to touch on the other things as kxe did that above - the issue with this is that the ELITE rank is expensive, and having the ability for all players to mute shouts realistically makes the shout perk worthless, which is unfair to those who have purchased the ELITE rank.

femboys

Dedicated Member
ELITE
femboys
femboys
ELITE
Ratings
222 11
Too bad the admins and owner are too lazy to fix these issues
It's not that they are lazy, the admins and owner are far from lazy. They are constantly fixing bugs and other higher priority issues on the gamemodes that need them the most. That's not saying creative doesn't need help, it obviously does. With the amount of things always popping up on the other servers, our issues are pushed back because it's not as high of a priority. I'm sure things will get fixed, will just take longer compared to the rest of the server.

Nah, it doesn't say that there's a 50% chance to win it.
javaw_MrRUjW4fHn.png
javaw_COMl4iT7wU.png

Last edited:

Weed_Enthusiast

ELITE
Weed_Enthusiast
Weed_Enthusiast
ELITE
Ratings
13 20
It's not that they are lazy, the admins and owner are far from lazy. They are constantly fixing bugs and other higher priority issues on the gamemodes that need them the most. That's not saying creative doesn't need help, it obviously does. With the amount of things always popping up on the other servers, our issues are pushed back because it's not as high of a priority. I'm sure things will get fixed, will just take longer compared to the rest of the server.

Nah, it doesn't say that there's a 50% chance to win it. View attachment 40448 View attachment 40449
I still think they're lazy because some of the issues can be fixed with little to no effort and with the admins knowing about some of these issues for a while, they STILL haven't done anything to fix it.

Samara__

ELITE
Samara__
Samara__
ELITE
Ratings
77 5
I still think they're lazy because some of the issues can be fixed with little to no effort and with the admins knowing about some of these issues for a while, they STILL haven't done anything to fix it.
Even then, they might look easy to fix, but in reality they may not be. Yes It looks like a simple problem, but we have to take into account the many other servers Manacube as a whole have. If you think it is easy, you are welcome to apply to become a developer at any time.

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Also fix /coinflip's amount calculator, and leaderboards :)

Samara__

ELITE
Samara__
Samara__
ELITE
Ratings
77 5
I saw something,
Progress.PNG

This is it. This was originally outdated saying the old website, but its updated now. Many people doubt Creative being fixed, but here is proof that at least some things have been fixed. Also not too long ago, CullanP has fixed Creative randomly crashing.

Thank you for the progress towards Creative's issues!