Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Hmmm...

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Ratings
12 2
So hey there, I'm pretty new to this community, in fact I've only been on it for 4 days cause I've been on the search for a Ranked Creative server after the original one I was on shut down. Although I've not had that long on the server, I would like to suggest some ideas for the Creative Server in general. For one of them I don't know how possible it would be, but I think it would definitely be worth the thought.

:mc_1-5: -=- Roleplay VS Building -=- :mc_1-5:

So for this idea, which is the idea that maybe a slight stretch would be to incorporate a new section of creative dedicated to Roleplay's, Pixel Art and those who would rather build for fun than to get graded. Having a mini-hub for Creative to separate the two sections would be a fun added extra for this. For the builders who are looking to build for grades on the server, there would be a section named: "Ranked Build" and for those who would as mentioned before use plots for entertainment, such as Roleplays would be given the server: "Free Build." This allows for both communities to have designated areas for their plots, and would mean that the staff would easily be able to focus on reviewing plots on the Ranked Build and moderating as normal on the Free Build server.

Pros:
  1. Firstly, both communities would be given individual areas, reducing conflict of interest between the groups.
  2. Secondly, build team members would be able to focus on the Ranked Build server for reviews, and the moderators would be able to focus on the Free Build server as per usual.
  3. Thirdly, this would likely avoid some problems that have already been shown, which are those people who take up a large majority of the plots next to other builders, stopping them from being able to merge plots into a larger plot size.

Cons:
  1. Since they would be separate areas of the server, they would require an extra node to be able to produce a separate server for the Free Build players.

:mc_63-0: -=- Reviewing Information -=- :mc_63-0:

This section is less of a new idea, more of a suggestion for the staff team. Although I know that there are many people wanting to have their plots reviewed on the server, I feel that giving each person specific critiques allows for them to develop their building skills according to what the build team would see as beneficial, and would overall give a target for players looking to progress further through the ranks. This would be done best with a personal Book and Quill, given to the player, with their designated grade, What they liked, and what could be improved/added.

:mc_116-0: -=- Requirements for Ranks -=- :mc_116-0:

As a new player on the server, I feel that this is definitely relevant to those who have only just joined the server, and are looking to get a graded plot. Using /gradehelp on the server only gives a generic overview of what is required from the builder to achieve each rank. For example, to achieve Rank B, this is the information given: "Skilled Builder. Only for the Talented." This really gives no indication of what the team are looking for, especially since people could be amazingly talented in only specific areas rather than generally. Does this mean that players only have to excel in a specific area or that they have to display general building capabilities in each area? More direction given for the players would definitely be beneficial.

These are just a few of my current ideas, although I have to say this server has a great Creative community.
Thanks,
The Only Gay in the Village,
MyGingerLife

jkljoshh

Forum Expert
MVP+
jkljoshh
jkljoshh
MVP+
Ratings
192 43
For this idea:
"So for this idea, which is the idea that maybe a slight stretch would be to incorporate a new section of creative dedicated to Roleplay's, Pixel Art and those who would rather build for fun than to get graded. Having a mini-hub for Creative to separate the two sections would be a fun added extra for this. For the builders who are looking to build for grades on the server, there would be a section named: "Ranked Build" and for those who would as mentioned before use plots for entertainment, such as Roleplays would be given the server: "Free Build." This allows for both communities to have designated areas for their plots, and would mean that the staff would easily be able to focus on reviewing plots on the Ranked Build and moderating as normal on the Free Build server. "
It may seem like a cool idea or well thought out, yet as a roleplayer and a person who builds for grades, I prefer to communicate with everyone. As Creative already doesnt get more than 40 players (Only on Build Comp Days or Update days) I think it would make creative look dead, as the two creatives would be divided like 10 players on one, and 20 on the other.
just my opinion.

Ryanminty123

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
110 3
Hey!

Overall I think you've made a well written post, however, there's a lot in this post that I disagree with

Firstly:

So for this idea, which is the idea that maybe a slight stretch would be to incorporate a new section of creative dedicated to Roleplay's, Pixel Art and those who would rather build for fun than to get graded.
I don't believe that segregating the community in this way would be beneficial to anyone, all it would do is cause trouble and people wouldn't listen to these rules and go into the other section either way, along with this, division isn't what our Creative server is about, whilst we do have a grading system in place the ManaCube creative server isn't just made for builders, so having the community all be whole is important! Along with your issues of roleplays, the reason we have the /plot chat feature is so that people who are doing roleplays are able to do so without spamming up the chat, so in reality they cause little to no harm to the creative server as a whole.

Secondly

This section is less of a new idea, more of a suggestion for the staff team. Although I know that there are many people wanting to have their plots reviewed on the server, I feel that giving each person specific critiques allows for them to develop their building skills according to what the build team would see as beneficial
There's a few things wrong with this, the first being that we do give people individual feedback after they've submitted a plot, however they need to see it in /grades, the second thing is that you mention what the Build Team wants. Whilst the Build Team is an important part of the creative server and are respected players, however, they are not part of the staffing team that judge and grade plots, they're an entirely separate group and run by _Drakey_ if you have any inquiries about this then I'm sure he wouldn't mind you contacting him in game or on discord via george#0001

The BuildTeam do not have a say in what grade a plot gets, however, if any plot is thought to be an A or above then one of the admins (CrazyPeacock) must give permission for it to be graded an A as he's the only member of the staff team with an A+ rank, if you have any other inquiries about the grading system then please feel free to contact me at Ryanminty123#1441 on discord, or if you see me in game then feel free to ask questions.

Last but certainly not least!

And finally the third part of your post where you ask for the /gradehelp to be updated I wholeheartedly agree with.

This plugin hasn't been updated in a long time and a lot has changed, hopefully we can get this updated soon but I can give no dates or any guarantees on when or if it will be updated.

If you're struggling with what we expect from you in certain ranks then you can do /warp D, /warp C, /warp B, /warp A and all of their + variants if you want to see what's expected for certain grades, you can also see alternate versions by doing /warp D2 /warp C2 etc etc.

If you need any other information then feel free to talk to me or any of the other creative staff members in game, or you can find us all on the community discord here

jkljoshh

Forum Expert
MVP+
jkljoshh
jkljoshh
MVP+
Ratings
192 43
Hey!

Overall I think you've made a well written post, however, there's a lot in this post that I disagree with

Firstly:

I don't believe that segregating the community in this way would be beneficial to anyone, all it would do is cause trouble and people wouldn't listen to these rules and go into the other section either way, along with this, division isn't what our Creative server is about, whilst we do have a grading system in place the ManaCube creative server isn't just made for builders, so having the community all be whole is important! Along with your issues of roleplays, the reason we have the /plot chat feature is so that people who are doing roleplays are able to do so without spamming up the chat, so in reality they cause little to no harm to the creative server as a whole.

Secondly

There's a few things wrong with this, the first being that we do give people individual feedback after they've submitted a plot, however they need to see it in /grades, the second thing is that you mention what the Build Team wants. Whilst the Build Team is an important part of the creative server and are respected players, however, they are not part of the staffing team that judge and grade plots, they're an entirely separate group and run by _Drakey_ if you have any inquiries about this then I'm sure he wouldn't mind you contacting him in game or on discord via george#0001

The BuildTeam do not have a say in what grade a plot gets, however, if any plot is thought to be an A or above then one of the admins (CrazyPeacock) must give permission for it to be graded an A as he's the only member of the staff team with an A+ rank, if you have any other inquiries about the grading system then please feel free to contact me at Ryanminty123#1441 on discord, or if you see me in game then feel free to ask questions.

Last but certainly not least!

And finally the third part of your post where you ask for the /gradehelp to be updated I wholeheartedly agree with.

This plugin hasn't been updated in a long time and a lot has changed, hopefully we can get this updated soon but I can give no dates or any guarantees on when or if it will be updated.

If you're struggling with what we expect from you in certain ranks then you can do /warp D, /warp C, /warp B, /warp A and all of their + variants if you want to see what's expected for certain grades, you can also see alternate versions by doing /warp D2 /warp C2 etc etc.

If you need any other information then feel free to talk to me or any of the other creative staff members in game, or you can find us all on the community discord here
Definetely agreed with the /gradehelp thing, yeah.
Sometimes when I'm trying to get a grade I'm not 100% sure what they are asking for.