Rejected Crystals (1&2) - By Danicker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
This is a dual submission of two maps in the same series. If these maps get accepted I may continue the series with a hard, expert and insane map exploring pane jumps, neo jumps and other more difficult jumps. All feedback is welcome.

Warp: /plot h Danicker
Screenshots:
Crystals 1
Difficulty: Easy
Jumps: 30
Creator: Danicker
Colours: White and Blue

Crystals 2
Difficulty: Medium
Jumps: 34
Creator: Danicker
Colours: Yellow and Gray

Thank you for your consideration :)

BlueRaspberries

VIP+
BlueRaspberrie3
BlueRaspberrie3
VIP+
Ratings
88 1
Hello Danicker, I will be giving you a -1 for the following reasons: The theme seems to be original, so good job on that. Unfortunately the build on the other hand is very messy and is not focused on one specific build. Try making a main build to focus the parkour on. The parkour is not varied at all. The parkour should be fun and varied with different blocks. Good luck!

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I commend your effort to make a series of maps based around the exact same thing. However that is the problem: having multiple maps with the same theme is not original and would get old fast. The builds are far too similar to each other to be considered unique.

If you want inspiration for a series of connected maps, I've done it with, g two Insanes, Ciel-Blanc and Psymphoire and my expert, More.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
As said above, map series aren't necessarily a bad thing, and I have a few of them planned myself. However, you need to make the maps substantially different from each other, at least in build (ideally in parkour as well). Changing the colors will not be enough, you'll need to completely change the implementation of crystals in your map. Perhaps you could do a cave with glowing crystals like stalactites and stalagmites? It's still not amazingly original, but if the build is done very well, I could definitely see that getting accepted.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Danicker,
Unfortunately I will be Rejecting these maps.
The theme is original, and I do like the concept, however submitting multiple maps that are pretty much the same theme and build is not original. The build is nice, but does look a bit messy.
The parkour doesn't have any variety, it's all single block jumps. I would recommend experimenting with a wider variety of blocks and items when building jumps, it makes the map more enjoyable to complete.
The difficulty and length were good for the easy map, but the medium map was too short and too easy to fit a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.