awesomeboy__

Forum Expert
PATRON
awesomeboy__
awesomeboy__
Patron
Ratings
241 9
Alright this was ok before, but this is getting pretty out of hand. What I'm talking about here is the rapidly increasing cubit prices. Its gone up 15m in 3 days and that's crazy af. I've been here for quite a bit of seasons and know this isn't normal. I'm asking here for ideas on what can be done as a community nothing has to be done at all. This is just a thread that I hope people will look at and consider before raising prices by 5m everyday.

My POV on this: I was actually one of the first ones to inflate cubit prices from 2m to 6m. I thought that it was fine because I had enough money but I received a lot of hate about it so I decided to rethink it. I realized that even though I was not doing anything wrong, I was still pissing off the people who wanted to buy cubits and wasn't able to afford it. What I'm saying here is that you can raise cubit prices all you want, 30m, 50m, 100m. It's fine for it to go up over time, that's how inflation and economy works. Just think about the whole community before you do it. This isn't me being greedy in any way because I can definitely afford to buy cubits at the current prices right now.

We as a community can now choose. We either continue this or try to slow it down. Comment what your thoughts are on this, I really wanna know (idc if you disagree). Thanks for reading and have a good day.

Kevvv_Plays

MVP+
Kevvv_Plays
Kevvv_Plays
MVP+
Ratings
11 1
My thought on the situation is, There is no market value consistent with the price of cubits. People want to sell inf+ chests for 1b when it only costs 16 cubits which even bought at 20m/cubit is 320m...makes no sense! If we had an economy tracking system such as sales history and graphs that show over-time prices then it may help, but point is. As long as its p2w, people will always be able to purchase cubits off the website and easily sell to someone who inflates the prices. In some situations people get super impatient with all the money they bought through p2w, that they are now splurging on cubits at high prices to buy up asap. Out all of that long jibberish, what im trying to say is...it probably wont do much good to complain sadly lol.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I mean last season we had a lot of discussions about cubit prices and basically the result of that last season was that the price stayed at 1 million per 0.01. We as a community definitely control the price but its about all the power players in the economy playing ball. If the price is roughly agreeable its just who sniffs out the cubits the best in my opinion. Cool post 100% agree with the sentiment!

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
My thought on the situation is, There is no market value consistent with the price of cubits. People want to sell inf+ chests for 1b when it only costs 16 cubits which even bought at 20m/cubit is 320m...makes no sense! If we had an economy tracking system such as sales history and graphs that show over-time prices then it may help, but point is. As long as its p2w, people will always be able to purchase cubits off the website and easily sell to someone who inflates the prices. In some situations people get super impatient with all the money they bought through p2w, that they are now splurging on cubits at high prices to buy up asap. Out all of that long jibberish, what im trying to say is...it probably wont do much good to complain sadly lol.
Part of the reason infinity chests always cost more then the cubit price is the relative pay off over time as you aren't just buying it for its value but the value of all the cubits you will buy or the relative cash amount to that, that you earn after you've bought the chest.

Kevvv_Plays

MVP+
Kevvv_Plays
Kevvv_Plays
MVP+
Ratings
11 1
Part of the reason infinity chests always cost more then the cubit price is the relative pay off over time as you aren't just buying it for its value but the value of all the cubits you will buy or the relative cash amount to that, that you earn after you've bought the chest.
I get that concept, but my point was if you plan to buy a inf+ chest, simply buy the cubits its 3x cheaper....i understand that inf+ is high because of its over-time value but as long as cubits translate to being able to purchase one, then it doesnt make sense haha

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I get that concept, but my point was if you plan to buy a inf+ chest, simply buy the cubits its 3x cheaper....i understand that inf+ is high because of its over-time value but as long as cubits translate to being able to purchase one, then it doesnt make sense haha
Ohhhh right duh sorry! Yes you're right but again part of that price buck is that accumulating cubits a tedious task if you're paying market price as you compete with everyone. So like part of it is convenience ? But yes to be cash money you should buy the cubits

JavaElite

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JavaElite
JavaElite
ELITE
Ratings
I dont think there is any way to make everyone pay a uniform amount for cubits, as there will always be people trying to up-sell others. Thats just how the economy works.

On a side note, a uniform cubit sale price would be... very nice. Utopia nice. :p

Java

Vinstage

ELITE
Vinstage
Vinstage
ELITE
Ratings
25 3
well as we see, now that player FlipperdyFlop is banned, plus player _Allusive_ is quitting (Idk why) cubit prices will not go up unless the other (normal) people want to, and for atleast a week or 2, cubit prices are indeed very much safe

axiatinc

ELITE
axiatinc
axiatinc
ELITE
Ratings
40 4
No matter how much we all want the cubit price to stay the same all season, it's honestly really unrealistic and most likely wont happen. People always want to upsell everyone else, its a game of greed which is quite unfortunate really.

Maybe eventually we can all decide to be nice to everyone and everyone will have cubits galore!

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I dont think there is any way to make everyone pay a uniform amount for cubits, as there will always be people trying to up-sell others. Thats just how the economy works.

On a side note, a uniform cubit sale price would be... very nice. Utopia nice. :p

Java
I’m not suggesting they stay the same all season as that’s stupid but they do stabilise and a big reason cubit prices stabilised last season in comparison to other servers was that people had a generally agreed upon price for a very long time.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
well as we see, now that player FlipperdyFlop is banned, plus player _Allusive_ is quitting (Idk why) cubit prices will not go up unless the other (normal) people want to, and for atleast a week or 2, cubit prices are indeed very much safe
It will be so interesting to see if other people fill that role in the economy and keep pushing the price up. I think at every point last season when the price changed it was different people raising it.

jimbobaccount

ELITE
jimbobaccount
jimbobaccount
ELITE
Ratings
Prices are definitely going to go up, that’s just how the economy works. what’s worrying to me is the rate at which they are going up. If I remember correctly cubits prices stayed fairly low for the first few months of last season but then started climbing, were not even a month in and they are already going for a very high price based on the amount of time the economy has had to grow. I don’t need cubits and I’m not going to buy them, if I want a better rank or an inf+ I’ll just buy it off of the manacube store but I know that some players aren’t able to do that and that's where the problem comes from. Newer players who may need the cubits to get their first rank aren’t able to get them as the prices of cubits are just way too high and voting alone isn’t enough to get you very far (especially if you can’t vote everyday to get a chance at top voter rewards). Even though I’m not buying cubits I’m concerned that the cubit prices raising so quickly are going to cause me to become very bored on survival towards the end of the season as it did last season. Survival felt more like a job as I needed to be online basically all day everyday just to keep up with the quickly changing prices. This is just how I feel and I’m very interested to see how others feel about the topic!

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,718 83
Am adding cubits to /trade tonight/tomorrow
Maybe next thing we can do with that is graph out all the cubit trade data on each server to show average price to help stabilize prices/prevent ripping off

Also people need to stop overpaying for cubits for no reason or just because they can. Maybe if we make cubit auction house more prevalent, this could help that?

awesomeboy__

Forum Expert
PATRON
awesomeboy__
awesomeboy__
Patron
Ratings
241 9
Maybe next thing we can do with that is graph out all the cubit trade data on each server to show average price to help stabilize prices/prevent ripping off

Also people need to stop overpaying for cubits for no reason or just because they can. Maybe if we make cubit auction house more prevalent, this could help that?

I don't think that players that aren't elite can use cubit ah which is most likely the reason its not being used as much. Maybe make it available to all players and that might help.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69

I've never actually thought about cubit auction house being useful in this regard. I agree with @awesomeboy44445 more people need to have access to it for it to be relevant. If we used the cubit auction house it would mean the price per cubit would be a more public thing and it would take much more group based efforts to raise the price or it would gradually increase with the eco

Kevvv_Plays

MVP+
Kevvv_Plays
Kevvv_Plays
MVP+
Ratings
11 1

Yes! this all is exactly what i have been saying since day 1!

themodking

MVP+
themodking
themodking
MVP+
Ratings
Alright this was ok before, but this is getting pretty out of hand. What I'm talking about here is the rapidly increasing cubit prices. Its gone up 15m in 3 days and that's crazy af. I've been here for quite a bit of seasons and know this isn't normal. I'm asking here for ideas on what can be done as a community nothing has to be done at all. This is just a thread that I hope people will look at and consider before raising prices by 5m everyday.

My POV on this: I was actually one of the first ones to inflate cubit prices from 2m to 6m. I thought that it was fine because I had enough money but I received a lot of hate about it so I decided to rethink it. I realized that even though I was not doing anything wrong, I was still pissing off the people who wanted to buy cubits and wasn't able to afford it. What I'm saying here is that you can raise cubit prices all you want, 30m, 50m, 100m. It's fine for it to go up over time, that's how inflation and economy works. Just think about the whole community before you do it. This isn't me being greedy in any way because I can definitely afford to buy cubits at the current prices right now.

We as a community can now choose. We either continue this or try to slow it down. Comment what your thoughts are on this, I really wanna know (idc if you disagree). Thanks for reading and have a good day.
I really love your thinking. Without people completely blowing the cubit prices out into space, we can have a great and peaceful economy. Although we do need the word "economy: to be uncensored. As to my knowledge, cubit prices are 15M/1 cubit. That's not too bad.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I really love your thinking. Without people completely blowing the cubit prices out into space, we can have a great and peaceful economy. Although we do need the word "economy: to be uncensored. As to my knowledge, cubit prices are 15M/1 cubit. That's not too bad.
Which puts them at 150k per 0.01 which is at the moment an affordable price. It is definitely quicker and easier then ever to earn money though. It will be interesting to see where the price settles in a few months time.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
I mean skyblock really do be at 30m per 1k mana and 12mil per stack of heads. I think were screwed
Cubit prices are just whoever gives the best deal not really a set price. I pay 5mil per .01 and others pay up to 2b per cubit