Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I mean skyblock really do be at 30m per 1k mana and 12mil per stack of heads. I think were screwed
Cubit prices are just whoever gives the best deal not really a set price. I pay 5mil per .01 and others pay up to 2b per cubit
Skyblock so well known for its love of outbidding everyone else just because they can. We have a little more long term sight in Survival. Obviously hunting round for the best deal is always good when selling and buying but major players in economy agreeing to a rough price was the norm last season.

Stardust

ELITE
StardustOfficial
StardustOfficial
ELITE
Ratings
On one hand inflation limits people to using /vote and /gary to get cubits - on the other hand, it basically turns the server into creative bc you can buy anything you want from /shop eventually. No real way to avoid it as people are greedy and will build larger and larger farms no matter how high prices go.

On both hands people should not be selling cubits at prices like that this early in the season. (assuming this is on survival, can't speak for other modes)

JavaElite

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JavaElite
JavaElite
ELITE
Ratings
On one hand inflation limits people to using /vote and /gary to get cubits - on the other hand, it basically turns the server into creative bc you can buy anything you want from /shop eventually. No real way to avoid it as people are greedy and will build larger and larger farms no matter how high prices go.

On both hands people should not be selling cubits at prices like that this early in the season. (assuming this is on survival, can't speak for other modes)
Inflation is nearly impossible to completely prevent. New additions such as infinity chest tax and spawner cap were implemented in order to slow down the inevitable, but either way, cubits are worth their weight in gold.

People will almost always overpay for cubits, simply because they can. And they have the money/mana to pay for them. Its very not cool, but how capitalism works.

Java

Kevvv_Plays

MVP+
Kevvv_Plays
Kevvv_Plays
MVP+
Ratings
11 1
I agree! I am one against overpaying for cubits but sadly im a hypocrite when it comes to the topic because if someone were to offer me say 50m for something going for around 20-25m, I'd be a fool not to jump on that. You have to consider, with it being an economy, you still need to do your investments!

Dave

MVP
Ratings
63 4
As much as this is annoying and “unfair” for newer players, there isn’t much they can do to regulate the prices.

If demand is always as high as it is right now and the supply is low, people with a lot of money will be paying massive amounts as it gives them a way to secure the demanded product, keeping both parties involved happy. People with money will always be open to spending more than people without it, leaving the seller with the option to either take the higher or lower price for the cubit. Of which all will chose the higher of the two.

Simple inflation, if demands high and the supply is low; prices inflate.

Kevvv_Plays

MVP+
Kevvv_Plays
Kevvv_Plays
MVP+
Ratings
11 1
I agree, there are not a lot of people 'selling' cubits so the demand is very high, making it difficult to buy unless youre very lucky and someone happens to be willing to sell, with no other buyers on. Those at the top with bottomless banks can easily hoard the cubits and then buy up at higher than average at anytime.

Chandler_Bling

ELITE
Chandler_Bling
Chandler_Bling
ELITE
Ratings
1.) People work hard to earn their money and should be able to spend it however they like.
2.) On a server built around stacking spawners, the economy is going to inflate exponentially on a daily basis. In-game money will rapidly become worthless vs real-life money (cubits), so expecting the money/cubit ratio to stay at a certain amount is silly.

Last edited:

cult

Dedicated Member
ELITE
gaycult
gaycult
ELITE
Ratings
54 1
Am adding cubits to /trade tonight/tomorrow
Maybe next thing we can do with that is graph out all the cubit trade data on each server to show average price to help stabilize prices/prevent ripping off

Also people need to stop overpaying for cubits for no reason or just because they can. Maybe if we make cubit auction house more prevalent, this could help that?
I would love to see cubit auctions for other donators besides elites and a graph, I think inflation is inevitable but prices are extremely high for only a little under a month in, I remember at the end of the last season cubits were selling for upwards of 600m per 1 so a set cubit price makes complete sense but would have to be adjusted accordingly.

Chandler_Bling

ELITE
Chandler_Bling
Chandler_Bling
ELITE
Ratings
..so a set cubit price makes complete sense but would have to be adjusted accordingly.
No, it doesn't. Like Dave said if the demand is high and the supply is low, people should be able to offer more to incentivize sales. If you work harder and earn more, you should be able to reap the benefits. The reason prices are high this season is not the fault of the people raising prices. It's the structure of the server and the amount of money being generated. Because of shop prices and un-nerfed harvester hoes, people had 100mil in the first 24 hours. This season of Survival was a copy and paste of Oasis Skyblock, and after 3 months, Oasis Skyblock cubit prices are 1.5bil/1.

Stardust

ELITE
StardustOfficial
StardustOfficial
ELITE
Ratings
Not to mention you're always going to have desperate people like this guy that will wildly overpay to get a sale... Not many people want to sell their Cubits. :p

GummytheGod

Mod+
PATRON
GummytheGod
GummytheGod
Patron
Ratings
94 2
Inflations is bound to happen sadly as I know we all wish it wouldn’t. Although it’s like all items if there is a growing value in a item that either is good for use or just buying and then selling for profit cubits will still rise as rich players will need them for use.