Currency conversion in Skyblock

InkObsessedFreak

VIP
InkObsessedFreak
InkObsessedFreak
VIP
Ratings
Cubits are hard to come by already but can be paid for by dollars as of rn but for newer players this can be a bit ehhhh on them. However, there's also mentions of more playtime needed so I was thinking what if there was a way to convert the in game money into cubits? However, they'd have to grind around 3 million for one to keep things somewhat equivalent. Already players trade usually 3 mill for one, 9 mill for three etc so it'd be easier if that was just an in game function and it motivates players to play longer

So while it would require a lot more effort, it can aid the players who play long term or need something to strive for like a goal

of course the amount for cubits can be changed I'm just going off of what I was told players usually trade for

Swrds

Admin | Content Developer
Admin
Swrds
Swrds
Admin
Ratings
629 7
Cubit prices are player made, and will increase over time throughout the season. If there was an automatic currency conversion system, first of all it will take in game money out of circulation, which will affect the Skyblock economy negatively. They would have to increase the exchange rate frequently too as cubit to money prices are only ever gonna go up as players get more and more money.
Also it will add extra cubits into circulation, which will eventually decrease the ‘worth’ of a cubit and ultimately it will affect the cubit economy globally.
Personally i don’t think cubit ‘mining’ (excuse the pun) is a good idea

InkObsessedFreak

VIP
InkObsessedFreak
InkObsessedFreak
VIP
Ratings
Cubit prices are player made, and will increase over time throughout the season. If there was an automatic currency conversion system, first of all it will take in game money out of circulation, which will affect the Skyblock economy negatively. They would have to increase the exchange rate frequently too as cubit to money prices are only ever gonna go up as players get more and more money.
Also it will add extra cubits into circulation, which will eventually decrease the ‘worth’ of a cubit and ultimately it will affect the cubit economy globally.
Personally i don’t think cubit ‘mining’ (excuse the pun) is a good idea
When you put it like that I do see where you're coming from ^^

For the most part I was mainly curious if the idea could be somewhat modified or not to prevent what you described but then again I'm not too sure if that would work out right in short time considering that... you know it just came out of beta so I figured I'd leave it here and then see what comes of it